I'm stressing, my plants are stressing, and I need help.

• Thread starter Mlst6033
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mostlymooses

Mostlymooses

Chiming in to add that overwatering doesn't just mean watering too often, it can also be watering with too much volume at a time. Conversely, not watering often enough and not using the appropriate amount of water for your pot size/root structure can also be damaging.

Mlst6033

Mlst6033

Seems to me the lights are to close, but I can't see your set up, so I can only assume from the photos posted. Raise your lights/or dim them back, and water the medium completely with at least 4-5 days apart(or more)…but, that depends on the size of flower pot you put them in...lift your pots when they are dry to know when then they need to be watered/ feed
Excellent suggestions. I have done that and hope they will bounce back. Thanks!

Mlst6033

Mlst6033

Are you feeding them? FFHF shouldn't be to hot. If you arn't feeding them, then it's almost certainly a watering issue. I recently planted a clone (new mother) into a new bag of Roots Original and whew, was it hot. Dark green veins and yellowing leaves with burnt tips. Looked just like your's do, but that just goes to show that differant problems can have very similar symptoms.
I started feeding low doses of Fox Farm big bloom and was worried it might of been a nutrient issue but thanks to everyone's input it seems like a watering issue and light issue. Thanks for the help

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

I started feeding low doses of Fox Farm big bloom and was worried it might of been a nutrient issue but thanks to everyone's input it seems like a watering issue and light issue. Thanks for the help

Light is the driver behind a plants nutrition :) as the light intensity increases so does the plants demands for nutrition so you weren't entirely off base.

Good luck with the grow!

C

concreter68

While that's certainly a possability, if you examine the soil carefully in the pics, it has several dry spots in the top layer. If it were mine, and I've certainly had issue's just like that before, I'd get those babies cooled down. Those symptoms are also a sure sign to me that my soil is way hot, especially for seedlings. If it were mine, I'd be flushing that soil. Since it was a very recent transplant, you could also repot them into ...say a Roots Organics Original, or a Fox Farms Happy Frog. Both of those are 'cooler' formulated soils.
Hope that helps,
N2

What soil is that planted in?

Mlst6033

Mlst6033

They are planted in fox farm happy frog. From what I have gathered by other people that have commented is that my light intensity was too high and I seemed to have overwatered. I just hope that the stunted plants will bounce back. Thanks for you help.

weed420420420420420

weed420420420420420

I am finding out that happy frog just does not drain. at least this years batch. Ive layed off watering for at least a week and they all look wet and mushy still. with algae growing on the perlite.

2wylde

I just transplanted my babies that were looking great from solo cups to larger containers on June 19th and all of a sudden the leaves are showing burn on tips and edges. This is twice that this happened to me this year and I had to trash my previous grow. I have been growing for a few years and have never run into this problem before. Same set up as previous years, I am neurotic about humidity and temperature, light strength and height are fine (viparspectra v450 led), and always PH my water. If I had hair I would be pulling it out. I really don't want this to go too far and have to trash this grow as well. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks!

View attachment 1255626View attachment 1255627View attachment 1255628View attachment 1255629

I just transplanted my babies that were looking great from solo cups to larger containers on June 19th and all of a sudden the leaves are showing burn on tips and edges. This is twice that this happened to me this year and I had to trash my previous grow. I have been growing for a few years and have never run into this problem before. Same set up as previous years, I am neurotic about humidity and temperature, light strength and height are fine (viparspectra v450 led), and always PH my water. If I had hair I would be pulling it out. I really don't want this to go too far and have to trash this grow as well. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks!

View attachment 1255626View attachment 1255627View attachment 1255628View attachment 1255629
I'm thinking light burn. They are babies they really don't need a lot of light. Viaspectar I used 3 1500 I literally hate them I now use only one with cmh only for the uv and ir. Viaspectars have dimmer switches cut it to like 60% during seeing stage.
Soil/medium. If it's too hot to start flush your pots before your transplant. Soil Temps... keep soils and mediums cool. Heat can over activate fertilizers and cause nutrient problems

2wylde

One more thing. Take some fresh brewed coffe. No sugar no cream. One table spoon to a gallon of water and do a light feed to your plants. Coffee has everything they need. Do not use during flowering it has to much nitrogen for flowering
I'm not a pro I have growing for 12 years and I still have a lot learn myself but I am an organic guy and coco is what I use and I experience a lot less issues now that I use coco

Mlst6033

Mlst6033

I am finding out that happy frog just does not drain. at least this years batch. Ive layed off watering for at least a week and they all look wet and mushy still. with algae growing on the perlite.
That’s a bummer to hear. Usually Foxfarm is a product that I always buy because it can be trusted to be good over and over again.

KushNAshn

KushNAshn

I suggest you all watch Bruce bugsby video on lighting it's about an hour long and he has many videos. We'll known and highly respected AG professor.

Apparently the common thought pattern has been broken. It's a myth that young plants cannot handle strong lighting.

Short and simple : a young plant van handle high lighting is all other parameters are there, o2, temp, vpd, nutrients. As long as they are equal too amount of light pressure it is apparently perfectly fine.

Another interesting fact is cannabis is the only plant so far which does not have a cut off point for amount light it receives and is able to use.
EX: one receiving 80DLI will be taller and yield more then the same plant receiving only 50 DLI.

YIELD is directly proportional to amount of DLI it receives. Other crops hit a peak and the yield no matter what does not go further once it hits its saturation point.

Mlst6033

Mlst6033

I suggest you all watch Bruce bugsby video on lighting it's about an hour long and he has many videos. We'll known and highly respected AG professor.

Apparently the common thought pattern has been broken. It's a myth that young plants cannot handle strong lighting.

Short and simple : a young plant van handle high lighting is all other parameters are there, o2, temp, vpd, nutrients. As long as they are equal too amount of light pressure it is apparently perfectly fine.

Another interesting fact is cannabis is the only plant so far which does not have a cut off point for amount light it receives and is able to use.
EX: one receiving 80DLI will be taller and yield more then the same plant receiving only 50 DLI.

YIELD is directly proportional to amount of DLI it receives. Other crops hit a peak and the yield no matter what does not go further once it hits its saturation point.
I will definitely check out the video. Thanks for your suggestions

Top Bottom