I'm super confused on how/when to provide nutrients to autoflowers

• Thread starter SpacedGhost
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SpacedGhost

I'm currently about to start an autoflower grow and want to do organic. I haven't found super solid info regarding when to, and what to provide as far as nutrients to autoflowers.
I know they're a beast of their own and providing to much can stunt or burn them, and they're exceptionally sensitive.

When using a living soil mix, is it necessary to provide nutrients. I see a lot of them advertised as mix and grow from seed to harvest without providing additional nutrients, I feel like this is a marketing gimmick, but given the sensitive nature of autos I'm not quite sure.

If I am usuing a pro-mix blend with little to no nutes, when would I provide nutes and when?

New to autos and new in general, I really need help on this as it's been my absolute biggest hurdle. I love autos and their faster nature, it's something I want to master and want to start with the soil and root systems. I really do appreciate all the help I can get, even if its just a quick link to a source I can read.

memnoch

memnoch

I don't know anything about living soil mixes so I can't say about that. But I can tell you only give them half as much as whatever the bottle says. Or even a little less or you will burn them. Most people seem to feed every other water. I have been feeding pretty much every time this run. I had one instance of burning I cut a few nutes down a little bit less than half and they are doing well now. I would probably only feed every other time though in future like I did last grow. Depending on how this turns out. So far, I can't say it has helped much feeding them every time.

chamullero420

chamullero420

Newbie so take with a pinch of salt.

I'm not sure that autoflowers are more sensitive than photos per se. The thing is that when you grow photos you have as long as you want to veg. them, so you can make some fuck-ups, let them recover and then turn them to flower when ready.

Autos are going to go to flower when THEY feel like it, so if you do something dumb to stunt them in the first couple of weeks they are always going to be smaller than they could have been.

So when people say Autos are more sensitive, I think this is what they are referring to.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
You don't need food for a while if you use for example a 50 50 mix of ocean forest and happy frog. top dress when flowering starts with a down to earth, gaia green, craft blend, pick any one of them and you are set. That's what I would recommend for a newbie imo h20 only easy mode

Top Bottom