Imid and Bennies

• Thread starter brd
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
brd

brd

Will Spectricide kill bennies in a res? Need to get rid of fungus gnats in 20gal bubble buckets.

Tnelz

Tnelz

Will Spectricide kill bennies in a res? Need to get rid of fungus gnats in 20gal bubble buckets.
So far I haven't noticed any decline. Not like I can see them but any and all plants treated with imicloprid have been fine. Albeit with a small pause in growth just after treatment. However spectricide isn't imidacloprud it's triazicide. Different thing all together. Imicloprid is systemic where the triazicide is a contact killer. It's actually my second treatment out of three. It will wipe ur fungus gnats in one treatment for sure. As fast or faster than anything. I don't think bennies love it and I'm sure it kills a bunch but if ur herd is healthy u should be OK. Just curious have u tried caps foliar pack? I saw a couple gnats after digging the other. Night and hit them with a few sprays of a tea I brewed with the foliar pack as my biggest Bennie source. After gyrating for a few minutes they were dead. Don't know how the stuff works but it does. Special stuff no doubt. Good luck bro!

brd

brd

So far I haven't noticed any decline. Not like I can see them but any and all plants treated with imicloprid have been fine. Albeit with a small pause in growth just after treatment. However spectricide isn't imidacloprud it's triazicide. Different thing all together. Imicloprid is systemic where the triazicide is a contact killer. It's actually my second treatment out of three. It will wipe ur fungus gnats in one treatment for sure. As fast or faster than anything. I don't think bennies love it and I'm sure it kills a bunch but if ur herd is healthy u should be OK. Just curious have u tried caps foliar pack? I saw a couple gnats after digging the other. Night and hit them with a few sprays of a tea I brewed with the foliar pack as my biggest Bennie source. After gyrating for a few minutes they were dead. Don't know how the stuff works but it does. Special stuff no doubt. Good luck bro!

The stuff I have is definitely Imid, I think 1.47 active ingredient. Do you know how long it is supposed to stay in the plant system? As for tea I brew a guano, Zho, Aqua Shield and Molasses. I put a few cups in every Monday. I would like to add the Imid and leave in, rather than flush out after use that's a lot of water and nutes.

Tnelz

Tnelz

The stuff I have is definitely Imid, I think 1.47 active ingredient. Do you know how long it is supposed to stay in the plant system? As for tea I brew a guano, Zho, Aqua Shield and Molasses. I put a few cups in every Monday. I would like to add the Imid and leave in, rather than flush out after use that's a lot of water and nutes.
I'm not positive how long it stays in the plant. Don't think anyone has a definitive answer for that. I think it's safe to treat once or twice in veg and once like first day of bloom. That's what I plan to do anyway. So from all the reading I've done I would treat and don't water again until u have to. Not saying to let ur plants be on the verge but really let it sit. That's what I did and when I did water again I just barely allowed for runoff. I haven't seen anything since. I have treated twice and plan on using the spectricide in my next water as a follow up. I think ur teas sound pretty solid so even if ur bennies r taking a beating one dose of the tea and ur reinoculated. So good luck bro. U will find a shit load of answers in fungus gnats or root aphids thread on I believe ic mag. Crazy info there but it's like a 200 page thread.

Latest posts

Top Bottom