Imidacloprid

• Thread starter GR33NL3AF
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

I am growing in soil beds and have an Aphid problem. I want to use Merit75 but am wondering how long after I use this product will I be able to return to using beneficials, specifically Cap's bennies?

-GR33N

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

Hmm great question. Im not sure if Merit75 kills bennies, but if it does its a 90 day systemic so there would be no point in using bennies. Was thinking of a simalar question regaurding Eagle2o and CAP bennie foliar teas. I'm sure someone smarter than I will chime in.

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

Merit has a 60 day systemic.

I got that info from Bayer on a phone call ....they will be glad to talk to you about the stuff.

No, it does not kill bennies. But it is only for very very early veg...its actually prolly not for food crops. Use with caution. You dont wanna smoke this shit.

The target pathway of Merit is the central nervous system. Bennies dont have one....therefore, remain unaffected.

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

sidenote.....there is gonna be alot of that stuff hanging out in a planter that the plants cant grab immediately.

You may think you are doing 60 days, but there may still be Merit in the soil....waiting to be uptaken.

I would flush the soil very well after you dose the bugs....make sure its as clean as possible.

If you use it....dont leave ONE grain of soil unsaturated....you wanna make SURE you give them a one time kill shot.

We dont need to breed Merit resistant RA;s...lol

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

sidenote.....there is gonna be alot of that stuff hanging out in a planter that the plants cant grab immediately.

You may think you are doing 60 days, but there may still be Merit in the soil....waiting to be uptaken.

I would flush the soil very well after you dose the bugs....make sure its as clean as possible.

If you use it....dont leave ONE grain of soil unsaturated....you wanna make SURE you give them a one time kill shot.

We dont need to breed Merit resistant RA;s...lol

Great info, thank you!

Top Bottom