Immaculate conception anyone???

• Thread starter Dr. D
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Dr. D

Ok so i dont know if that would be the right term but iv read about plants seeding them selves without any actual external pollination from hermie flower..
The reason i ask is because my friends rom clone started getting a few seeds under stress with no flowers found on visual examination... then get this, the clone is passed to a friend he grows out two next to each other...the one is fully seeded and the other no seeds at all!!
And again on examniation of the plant no nanners or full staminate flowers found.....
So anyone else heard of this happenning? Anything scientific to back it up?

B

British_Hempire

As far as I know there must be some pollen involved, the pollen is a little parcel of genetic code and without this, I don't see how the seed could have formed. The simple answer is, there will be male flowers on the plant, just they will be very hard to find, could be just one or two one the whole plant, and when they shrivel and die they sometimes turn a dark beige instead of remaining yellow, also, later female flower growth can completely obscure them from view. Just one male flower's worth of pollen can create quite a few seeds in an indoor grow with limited air circulation.

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
This has happened to me on a few occasions and I think BH hit it on the head, pollen must be involved one way or another.

Usually it's a tiny flower you don't see because it's buried in the flower. By the time you find the seed the male flower has done it's job and wilted away weeks before. When male pollen is viable it doesn't take much.

Flower room close to any outdoor plants? Was the plant in question near intake? Any males blown their loads in the room before? Those are the only other ways I could imagine. Good news for your friend is they're probably fem seeds.

B

British_Hempire

Pollen doesn't survive long so it won't be from a previous crop.

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Good point BH, that narrows it down.

D

Dr. D

The main factor im going to point out here is two plants in the same room same cut in different media next to each other under same light no chance of pollination from anywhere else. One plant is TOTALY SEEDED and the other no seeds at all, that is not the result of external pollination....

Z

zoochory

We have a nycd cut that almost every time makes a couple of "fake seeds"...maybe off topic, but still...no pollen involved..
http://i81.invalid.com/albums/j231/LRG_photos/nycgfCrazyseed7_editedMedium.jpg
http://i81.invalid.com/albums/j231/LRG_photos/nycgfCrazyseedmoden3_editedMedium.jpg

D

dannykarey

i don't know man, in order for there to be seeds there has to be pollen, that whole immaculate conception theory im not buyin it, look alittle harder and im sure you'll find at least one or two male flowers. i would keep checkin the plants man goodluck.

Danny

ttystikk

ttystikk

You may have stumbled across a very recessive trait. Have you popped any of the seeds to verify they're viable? I think the super seeded plant could be the base for an industry built around the seeds of the plant instead of the resin content.

In other words, maybe the value of what you have discovered will only be realized if you can 'think outside the bud'.

I know that hempseed is in demand for oil production and even foodstuffs. Hempseed is edible, highly nutritious and very tasty. Birds love it!

Oregon Panda

Oregon Panda

This was goin on with a friend of mine. The seeds were never viable but it seemed to happen just a couple weeks before he was takin down anyway. It doesnt make sense that they wouldnt be viable.

If it was some sort of environmental factor, it could potentially be an undiscovered gem.

shadyslater

shadyslater

You may have stumbled across a very recessive trait. Have you popped any of the seeds to verify they're viable? I think the super seeded plant could be the base for an industry built around the seeds of the plant instead of the resin content.

In other words, maybe the value of what you have discovered will only be realized if you can 'think outside the bud'.

I know that hempseed is in demand for oil production and even foodstuffs. Hempseed is edible, highly nutritious and very tasty. Birds love it!

yeah they work (well the 1 i've grown) no hermin no nanners lovely tight bud formation she was a nice looking plant and she smoked very well too

ttystikk

ttystikk

If it has a high density of seeds it could really be a potential breakthrough. Keep the cut alive, because it's not likely toreproduce itself accurately in seed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom