Impact of c02 in the growroom

• Thread starter xrob415x
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
xrob415x

xrob415x

Whats up Farm, this right here is my first post. i was wondering if anyone done a side by side to see how a sealed room running co2 differentiates (quality,flower time,yield) from a passive pressure room that is dialed in pretty well(temps below 80 and humidity managed between 35%-55%. I will soon be starting a grow and half will be sealed and the other half will have in/ out vents. I cant afford 2 sealed rooms My question is how much of a difference does the Co2 actually make? Is it worth the huge costs of AC, dehumdifier, Co2 tanks/refills and increased energy charges? Ight guys happy growin. Hope to hear some good feedback

ttystikk

ttystikk

How CO2 Helps- and doesn't

Whats up Farm, this right here is my first post. i was wondering if anyone done a side by side to see how a sealed room running co2 differentiates (quality,flower time,yield) from a passive pressure room that is dialed in pretty well(temps below 80 and humidity managed between 35%-55%. I will soon be starting a grow and half will be sealed and the other half will have in/ out vents. I cant afford 2 sealed rooms My question is how much of a difference does the Co2 actually make? Is it worth the huge costs of AC, dehumdifier, Co2 tanks/refills and increased energy charges? Ight guys happy growin. Hope to hear some good feedback

A sealed room with temp control, humidity control and CO2 enrishment will outperform a room that doesn't have it, all other variables being equal. Trouble is, all the other variables can't be equal to have a fully optimized CO2 setup. Why? Because CO2 enriched plants like warmer temps and higher humidity. They're also going to drink more and use more nutrients.

If I were in your shoes, I would stick to open venting until you can afford to do the sealed room thing right.

M

MTgrower

A sealed room with temp control, humidity control and CO2 enrishment will outperform a room that doesn't have it, all other variables being equal. Trouble is, all the other variables can't be equal to have a fully optimized CO2 setup. Why? Because CO2 enriched plants like warmer temps and higher humidity. They're also going to drink more and use more nutrients.

If I were in your shoes, I would stick to open venting until you can afford to do the sealed room thing right.

So you optimize the rest of the variables to maximize the effect of the CO2. Water more often, feed more frequently, raise the temps a bit (I never go over 85 F and prefer to keep things right at 80 F at 1500 PPM), set your RH where you feel is best for your setup, etc. I don't understand the problem.

Adding Co2 doesn't have to be a huge investment, and depending on equipment used, won't increase your energy bill by any significant amount.

Using a water cooled burner will prevent or greatly reduce the need for any additional cooling depending on the temp and rate of flow of the water being used. Run to waste is inexpensive compared to setting up a closed loop chiller cooled system. Chillers are where water cooling can get expensive. My gas comes out of the burner at 79 degrees (with the optional Ice Cap form Hydro Innovations).

However you choose to do the setup, it sounds like you are in a perfect position to run the two rooms and do the side by side comparison yourself.

I've been running enriched, sealed rooms for about two years now. It is no more difficult to manage my garden now than it was when I was setup with a fresh air intake and exhaust system.

Good luck whatever you decide to do!

xrob415x

xrob415x

I was thinking the co2 would be a large investment mostly due to the AC unit. I say this because I wouldnt want an HVAC guy coming over to instal it (even tho im 110% legal I just dont trust anyone. Got ripped off in the past). And the pre charged AC units are around $3500-$4500 for a 3 ton which is a HUGE investment for a poor guy like me. haha. Also the AC units run the electricity bill up a lot more than a couple inline fans. If I run co2 I would like my room 100% sealed. I think I might just save my pennies until one more harvest and go with both sides sealed.

Top Bottom