Improvements needed I believe in my set up

• Thread starter BluePowerRanger
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BluePowerRanger

BluePowerRanger

So I just started using co2 in a 5x10 tent. The tents in a lung room that’s essentially 16x18..

I thought it would take me too much time to seal my lung room hanging dry wall wtf so I went with tent set ups. I now thinking that was a mistake and I should of just took the time to dry wall my ceiling sidewall to maintain co2 levels.. reason being the temp inside the tent is getting up way to high for my liking. As high as 88 once my dehui kicks on and my lights aren’t even set to 100 percent! But the lung room is probably 65-70 degrees at all times.. I have a 18k ac unit cooling the area.. I have a intake fan connected to a temp controller that pulls air into the tent. (No exhaust) cuz what’s the point with co2 enrichment right??? I checked leaf temps and I got anywhere from 74-80.. not sure how accurate it is.. just seems like I need to improve the environment for optimal conditions… I fear once both my lux 645s are at 100 percent the ambient temps inside my tents with far exceed 95.. one light is at 40% the other is at 80. And my thermometer I have sitting inside the tent is saying 88 while my controller says 85.. I got my intake set to turn on at 82.. it will sit there and run until lights out.. should I cut my losses with the tents and just take the time to completely seal the area dry wall mud and tape??

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

ok bro some of this is not making sense to me. Can you post some pics of the setup?

a lung room should be sealed and attached to the grow space (in your case tent) the lung room conditions the air and then intake and exhaust fans pull air into the tent already conditioned... meaning temp adjusted, humidity adjusted and co2 enriched. The air coming into the tent should be as close to your desired setpoint as possible. Typically intake at the bottom coming from the lung room. Exhaust at the top going to your lung room and equipment in the lung room. Circulation fans in both as needed.

to me it sounds like you are adding co2 to the tent and trying to vent only when needed for humidity or temp and this will not work... at least not well and likely to create a host of issues.

after I see some pics I can help get ya sorted or maybe some quick fixes to make it work for ya.

BluePowerRanger

BluePowerRanger

When I get in I’ll show you. But my lung room is a portion of my basement. I sectioned it off for veg flower.. I would have to drywall my ceiling in order to seal the room. The joist are exposed… I have my co2 tank inside the tent… intake fan set to come on once temps get above 82 I’m not exhausting at all. I’d run through a 20 pound tank in no time if I did I believe… I think my main problem I have to resolve os the fact that my environment outside my tent isn’t co2 enriched due to the work I would have to put into my space to keep the levels high enough.. and if I did get the lung room capable of enrichment I wouldn’t need tents at all. It would make sense for it to be a open room concept. Ugh

BluePowerRanger

BluePowerRanger

seems to me I need to bite the bullet and just try to enrich my 18x16 area and I can properly exhaust my tent. I suppose a co2 burner would be the best route to go.. I probably will try to exhaust my tent first into my room and see how fast I burn through a 20 pound tank . If I can get by with only having to use two through a grow I might just keep it as is. And just eat the co2 refill cost

BluePowerRanger

BluePowerRanger

9AEC1E40 75C7 454E 8679 948BC2F5E546

So it’s lights out right now I don’t want to use my flash inside the tent. But this should give you a idea.. I have a intake fan in the tent only currently not exhausting. I know that will help with my temp issues but I would be sacrificing co2. The way I have it set up right now that is..

F1D17DC9 C692 4598 895D CF7878A3517C
B0D88BF4 E041 48FA AB01 54FAB3ABEE1E
AF7816A5 FE18 40B4 A47A 148AF201852B
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Simple fix bro... cost ya maybe $80 or so if ya wanna hear it. No I don't mean I'll charge you $80 I mean to do it would cost you $80 😁

Just got home from work check back after a shower

BluePowerRanger

BluePowerRanger

Simple fix bro... cost ya maybe $80 or so if ya wanna hear it. No I don't mean I'll charge you $80 I mean to do it would cost you $80 😁

Just got home from work check back after a shower
I’m all ears man hit me with it lol 😂

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I’m all ears man hit me with it lol 😂
Ok if you can move the tent by or beside the AC. You make a cheap ass sealed lung room our of Styrofoam insulation board and 1x2.

4x8 sheets of these are cheap provide a good insulation and easy to put up and take down. 5 sheets to make a 4x4x8 lung room.

Doesn't matter thickness, foil faced etc. Just the cheapest is good.

Build you frame with a few screws cheapest wood you can find like 1x2.

Tac the Styrofoam up with something like this or however ya like.

Then tape all the seams except the front with this so it's sealed.

Then you can put all your equipment inside. Build it over the AC and cut out and use the tape to seal so the AC is blowing into the lung room. Good thing about that type is they dont exchange air so no worry about positive pressure blowing your CO2 out.

Then you can tape the whole thing shut or just screw a few small blocks on the outside the the side of the frame at the front the take a small piece of wood and drill a hole just a touch bigger than the screw so it spins. That way you can just put the foam up and spin the blocks to lock it in place.

Put the tent up against it and cut out the intake from inside the tents it's identical Then some duct tape to just fold over the joints so it's sealed.

The the same at the top for the exhaust. Use your fan on the top to pull air from the tent at the top and push it into the lung room for conditioning.

The tent will then draw conditioned air from the bottom into the tent.

Sounds like a lot but prob take you an hr tops.

I'm assuming you have all the equipment needed for a sealed room.? Heater, AC, dehumidifier?

Humidifier not really needed.

BluePowerRanger

BluePowerRanger

Ok if you can move the tent by or beside the AC. You make a cheap ass sealed lung room our of Styrofoam insulation board and 1x2.

4x8 sheets of these are cheap provide a good insulation and easy to put up and take down. 5 sheets to make a 4x4x8 lung room.

Doesn't matter thickness, foil faced etc. Just the cheapest is good.

Build you frame with a few screws cheapest wood you can find like 1x2.

Tac the Styrofoam up with something like this or however ya like.

Then tape all the seams except the front with this so it's sealed.

Then you can put all your equipment inside. Build it over the AC and cut out and use the tape to seal so the AC is blowing into the lung room. Good thing about that type is they dont exchange air so no worry about positive pressure blowing your CO2 out.

Then you can tape the whole thing shut or just screw a few small blocks on the outside the the side of the frame at the front the take a small piece of wood and drill a hole just a touch bigger than the screw so it spins. That way you can just put the foam up and spin the blocks to lock it in place.

Put the tent up against it and cut out the intake from inside the tents it's identical Then some duct tape to just fold over the joints so it's sealed.

The the same at the top for the exhaust. Use your fan on the top to pull air from the tent at the top and push it into the lung room for conditioning.

The tent will then draw conditioned air from the bottom into the tent.

Sounds like a lot but prob take you an hr tops.

I'm assuming you have all the equipment needed for a sealed room.? Heater, AC, dehumidifier?

Humidifier not really needed.
Only issue is that I don’t have clearance for a lung room that size I don’t know if you can tell from that picture but my tent is maybe 2 foot from the wall with the insulation. Other issue is that I also have a 10x10 tent going in this area. I just haven’t put it up due to the fact off the issue with my environment not figured out good enough yet.. so the tent in the pic is 5x10 right behind it will be a 10x10.. I have roughly 16x3 off realestate left in the room. What if I built ducting around the ac unit!! Routed that ducting to my 16x3 area… build me a smaller cheap 📦.. and put my equipment inside that. Then cut supply and return holes to run flex ducting to and from the tents? I have a 50 foot box of 6 inch flex ducting that I never used already… inside the tents I could have my intake fans pushing and pulling air into and from the tents into the smaller ling box? Say 3x by 3? You think that would be sufficient? I would want to keep the box as compact as possible due to I want to use that area to dry and cure my buds.. my carbon filters will be on the pink insulated walls pulling air to the opposite side of the room. Which is just a open space in the basement… what do you think?? Can I pull it off with modified placement and design?? Everyone’s input is greatly appreciated

BluePowerRanger

BluePowerRanger

What if I just put the dehumidifier and co2 tank in the 📦…. And just condition the room with my Wall unit like I have been doing.. set the temp control low so it runs until 77 degrees is reached.. have the box on a ((closed loop))type of system with co2 and perfectly humidified air being circulated back into my tents via ducting and intake fans.. 6 inch fans.. pulling air from the box and to the box.. I’m thinking 3 intake fans per tent? Supply and return fans… then my third intake fan pulling cooled air from the main room.. if I do it this way it would just material cost for the box and one extra fan. Probably no more than a extra 200.. what do you think? If I built a box around the ac unit I would lose my room cooling.. for my flower room and it’s passive cooling for my veg room. Both rooms are side by side…

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ac cant condition inside the tent if it sealed.

Many ways you can do it bro

BluePowerRanger

BluePowerRanger

will it work the way im suggesting? only difference im not building a box arounf the ac unit. the ac unit is for two rooms. I failed to mention I have a back draft damper on my intake fan pulling cool air into the tent so once it turns off no air can go the opposite direction..

Last edited:
Moshmen

Moshmen

Aqua is the man, but I’m gonna throw this out there - how long you been growin and what’s your skill level ? Not being a dick just curious if co2 will benefit that much- gotta pretty dialed in IMO.
You got a nice space there to work with I’m jealous for sure!

BluePowerRanger

BluePowerRanger

I’m fairly new on the scene. I’ve been studying for about a year before I actually started growing. i rknt claim to be a erb shamon or anhthing lol but i know whats working for me. i intend to become a master so i continue to study.... i have a pretty solif nute schedule. only thing idont have fogured out is the implementation of co2 in my grow tents. withoit co2 my system and environent would be controled idealy...

Moshmen

Moshmen

I’m fairly new on the scene. I’ve been studying for about a year before I actually started growing. i rknt claim to be a erb shamon or anhthing lol but i know whats working for me. i intend to become a master so i continue to study.... i have a pretty solif nute schedule. only thing idont have fogured out is the implementation of co2 in my grow tents. withoit co2 my system and environent would be controled idealy...
Can you just grow in the tent till ya finish the room off? If your that determined IMO your gonna want the whole room - I’m pretty new as well and I don’t think ya ever stop learning , even masters -so take my opinion with a grain of salt! Lol - I just see so many new growers with co2 or those exhale bags hangin - just gotta be pretty dialed in to make the co2 beneficial in my opinion , definitely produced results when done correctly !! When done incorrect it’s just a waste of time and money

Moshmen

Moshmen

Can you just grow in the tent till ya finish the room off? If your that determined IMO your gonna want the whole room - I’m pretty new as well and I don’t think ya ever stop learning , even masters -so take my opinion with a grain of salt! Lol - I just see so many new growers with co2 or those exhale bags hangin - just gotta be pretty dialed in to make the co2 beneficial in my opinion , definitely produced results when done correctly !! When done incorrect it’s just a waste of time and money
By the way if ya haven’t cked em out yet - aqua man is dialed in when he’s runnin ! Not sure he’s got a grow goin now ?

BluePowerRanger

BluePowerRanger

Yeah I have co2 in the tent now I don’t like how hot it gets in there so I’m probably going to cut it out till I finalize on a solution (long term). I think to do it right for my space I should dry wall my ceiling etc and either use tanks or burners and enrich the entire flower room 16x18. Then just pull perfectly prepared air into my tents. Or at that point I could do away with the tents all together. And just grow open room since the environment will be ideal anyway.. I was just hoping I could come up with a different solution. With your guys help. Multiple brains 🧠 is always better than one lol… Aqua man gave me a good cheap short term solution that I think I’m gonna use.. I have a grow going on right now so I can’t finish the room. I’m in a middle of a a (((no medium!!)))SOG grow. It’s going pretty good right now.. I’m going into my third week of flower

Latest posts

Top Bottom