In 3 months...

• Thread starter Bearsfather
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bearsfather

In 3 months I wish to move plants (grown from seed under fluors,) outdoors. Planting some into containers, others into the gound.
My question is this:
Will the change into direct sunlight :sun2: cause the plants to go into flowering in May, or will they go "Natural", Vegg all summer and flower in the Autumn?

M

mendel

I veg my plants with a lite cycle of 16 on 8 off. This coincides with the natural lite period around the first of June. When vegged in this manner they dont go into flower when moved out, as the change in lite cycle is minimal.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
In 3 months I wish to move plants (grown from seed under fluors,) outdoors. Planting some into containers, others into the gound.
My question is this:
Will the change into direct sunlight :sun2: cause the plants to go into flowering in May, or will they go "Natural", Vegg all summer and flower in the Autumn?
You will probably want to learn what the daylight period is for your area, and then set the main photoperiod to match that, with one or two interruptions during the dark cycle so as to prevent their flowering immediately. Otherwise, yes, once they go into a photoperiod that's shortened enough they'll likely go into flower immediately. As days lengthen they'll become 'confused' and will go back into veg, and while I can't qualify this as being my own knowledge, I've been informed that it will cut into overall yield.

At my latitude summer solstice is just under 14hrs, IIRC, so I have my timer set to 13on with a 2hr interruption during dark phase.

Latest posts

Top Bottom