In need of good exhaust fan and filter!! Any suggestions?’

• Thread starter Migrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Migrower

Migrower

I am currently using a 7x9 closet for a 5x5 flower room. I am about to flip from veg and will now be in need of a fan n filter combo. All on amazon seem sub quality. Does anyone know of any that are quiet and work well. 6” or 4” it don’t matter as long as it moves air and somewhat kills the smell

L

Laredo7mm

I am currently using a 7x9 closet for a 5x5 flower room. I am about to flip from veg and will now be in need of a fan n filter combo. All on amazon seem sub quality. Does anyone know of any that are quiet and work well. 6” or 4” it don’t matter as long as it moves air and somewhat kills the smell

I just picked up one of these from amazon:
AC Infinity Fan

They have a fancier version with better controls, but the manual control works fine for me. I have a 4” one from them also that has the better controls, but ran it manually most of the time anyway. Both fans are pretty quiet. I think the 6” is 32 decibels max.

I also picked up this Carbon Filter:
Carbon Filter

It seems to work fine also. I don’t smell anything when walking into my house or the tent room, but then again, my sniffer isn’t great. :)

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I use hyper fans and phresh filters. The fans have been going 5 and 4 years 24/7 with no issue and include a speed contler. The filter gets me 2 years keeping the smell out from up to 8 flowering plants and a dry closet in the room with up to 2 plants drying.

This goes on perpetually. I have always replaced the carbon filter at 2 years but they all still worked.

I also use active air inline fans. Also very reliable amd much cheaper. And i got the active air speed controllers too.

Last edited:
Migrower

Migrower

I was just about to pull the trigger on the infinity 6” fan with the 6” phresh filter

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

How quiet is the active air

Its as loud as a basic inline fan. Doesnt have any baffling like the stealth stuff.

And the hyper fan is a different type of inline fan. Uses less power and is really compact. But it is as loud just a higher frequency noise. But they make a stealth version now.

Migrower

Migrower

I need quietness also considering I’m in an apt. Third floor closet grow. I’m venting through a window but must cut 6” holes in a door for exhaust and I take . I was gonna hangbthe filter. Run the ducting thru the door to the window. And run ducting thru the second hole for intake.(using ducting for light control so there not just a hole in the door for fresh air that light can enter) I was gonna take the door off completely and hang panda film and a dark cloth but then environment gets harder to control. If any ideas I would love help.

D37D48C4 4587 4D0A 9F78 D190293533AC
8430822A 767A 4602 AA34 7F9EFF5231E3
8DB977EF A585 4BE3 B376 203D6B92DBC1
8D47191B 5BF8 4E83 AFA1 BD071BBE11A1
2B9B6F57 EA17 4F05 BFE8 406E27E73ACF
Migrower

Migrower

Btw thanks again mimedgrower. My plants are strong and healthy and finally where I feel comfortable to flip. As soon as I take care of the exhaust issue. No smell till now but time for the final touches to the room. Don’t mind the mess in the room it’ll be cleaned up soon.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I need quietness also considering I’m in an apt. Third floor closet grow. I’m venting through a window but must cut 6” holes in a door for exhaust and I take . I was gonna hangbthe filter. Run the ducting thru the door to the window. And run ducting thru the second hole for intake.(using ducting for light control so there not just a hole in the door for fresh air that light can enter) I was gonna take the door off completely and hang panda film and a dark cloth but then environment gets harder to control. If any ideas I would love help.

Nice space you got there.

I would suggest building a sound baffle (many ideas online) or get a stealth model inline fan if you are worried. Even a 4” one will be quite noticable on medium to high speed.

As far as environmental stuff. I like to draw intake air feom inside the house. We keep whole house humidifier and de humidifiers and ac units in summer to keep the house 66-70 degrees and 45-60% humidity all the time. That's my intake air.

And i use 2 rooms side by side and only air condition the veg tent/ workroom and use an intake fan to force the cool air into the flower room next door.

And i exhaust all the heat down through the floor in the flower room and out the chimney (old wood stove port in basement) or under the living room as supplemental heat in winter.

I hope this made sense. Cause you could intake from the room shown a hole in bottom of growroom door and exhaust out the window from a hole near the top of the door.

And condition the air in the room with the window. Or with filters could simply open the window during fall and spring.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Btw thanks again mimedgrower. My plants are strong and healthy and finally where I feel comfortable to flip. As soon as I take care of the exhaust issue. No smell till now but time for the final touches to the room. Don’t mind the mess in the room it’ll be cleaned up soon.

The set up and plants look great!

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

When i exhausted out a window in the trailer park back when i moved out here i used a modified version of the stealth window exhaust shown down the linked page. I left the window open a few inches and adjusted the venetian blinds so the air could flow and behind them was just a black board so it looked like a room with the lights out is all.

Check it out. Its a great tutorial.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I grow in a sealed 4x6x8 space, 4x4x8 is the grow part the extra 2' is for equipment. I can't recommend a good fan I have a garbage 4" vivosun. No real complaints about it yet but I think I would be much happier with a hyperfan.

But I can say my phresh filter seriously kicks ass. I can open my room and smell nothing.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
A lot of noise is from the ducting and the air moving. Duct mufflers and rigid ducting cut down on the noise a whole bunch. The silver dryer style flex ducting is going to make the most noise. Insulated ducting in the same style will cut it a lot. Also buying a bigger fan 8 to 10 in and using a speed controller to slow them down will almost make them silent and move the same amount of air as a 4in or a 6in.

Been using Vortex's for years (8, 10's and 12's) after getting off Can Fans. 10x better. Have yet to have one fail. Think my oldest is going on 6 or 7 years of 24/7.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Just to give you a size reference (shitty 1 handed pics in the dark) with vortex's

8in
DSC 0560

10in
DSC 0561

Pretty much the same size. 10in is almost silent as is with shitty dryer style ducting and no speed controller on it. 8in is much louder. As you can see I have the 10in with 8in reducers on it so you can always do the same for 6in. Just keep in mind 6in ducting is gonna be a lot louder so go hard or insulated or both and prob muffler.

Top Bottom