In need of help!!!plants are dying

• Thread starter acough420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

acough420

In my experience, it's best not to check promix runoff ph. I only ever concern myself with input ph or slurry test ph. I like to start at 6-6.2 in veg then 6.2-6.5 for flower.
Runoff ph can be misleading and cause people to make knee jerk corrections to non existent problems. Often making things worse. Runoff ppm is important to monitor though.
So no karma or cal just pro blend grow?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
So no karma or cal just pro blend grow?

You could still use the Karma, but If you're using tap water I'd cut out the calmag and just bring the tap water up to 1.3-1.4ec with pbp grow and use a feed feed water cycle. Check runoff and when it gets to 1.8 or higher just feed water until it's back down to 1.4 for runoff.

If RO, bring the water up to 0.2ec with calmag then bring it up to 1.3-1.4 ec with pbp grow.

Week 6-7 or so of flower I'd use half pbp grow and half soil bloom as a pk booster.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

You could still use the Karma, but If you're using tap water I'd cut out the calmag and just bring the tap water up to 1.3-1.4ec with pbp grow and use a feed feed water cycle. Check runoff and when it gets to 1.8 or higher just feed water until it's back down to 1.4 for runoff.

If RO, bring the water up to 0.2ec with calmag then bring it up to 1.3-1.4 ec with pbp grow.

Week 6-7 or so of flower I'd use half pbp grow and half soil bloom as a pk booster.

Lately i couldnt get the large perlite im used to so i used small and the soil held more nutrients than i am used to and I ended up stressing them even with starting at only .8 ec and working up slowly every watering.

If i had done as you just instructed. And i saw the runoff climb to 1.7 on one plant and 2.1 on the other. And watered the third time instead of added pbpg i would have avoided the burns and damaged fan leaves i have now.

Now i have recovered damaged plants that will likely yield less than their potential instead of pretty plants that i want to show off here. Lol.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Lately i couldnt get the large perlite im used to so i used small and the soil held more nutrients than i am used to and I ended up stressing them even with starting at only .8 ec and working up slowly every watering.

If i had done as you just instructed. And i saw the runoff climb to 1.7 on one plant and 2.1 on the other. And watered the third time instead of added pbpg i would have avoided the burns and damaged fan leaves i have now.

Now i have recovered damaged plants that will likely yield less than their potential instead of pretty plants that i want to show off here. Lol.

Man we all do it from time to time. We're stoners after all haha. I damn near totally fried my last grow by doing something I probably would have advised someone else not to do..., if only we could follow our own advice sometimes lol.

But yeah keeping that runoff within range is always a good plan. Sometimes I need to add an extra water cycle here and there if I'm pushing the limits with my feed rate.

Latest posts

Top Bottom