In need of helping hand

• Thread starter Slickrick82
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Slickrick82

Slickrick82

Was up everyone. I'm thinking of doing no till soon I get done with this batch.how would I start it thinking pouring all the soil in a 25 gallon fabric pot.pretty much my question is what do I use for it do I have to let sit of for a bit before using it etc.. please let me know

T

TryingToGrow

Supporter
I don’t know either but I think plant some cover crop if you want and add food to the top to feed the soil from time to time. Get some worms to help the soil since never till.

if the pH is good I think it’s fine to use right away. Otherwise adjust pH and check for a few days at least to make sure it’s stable.

also if that is indoors I think humidity will be very intense from a fabric pot that big, I would line it with plastic. Holes at bottom if desired, not for me though.

Last edited:
Slickrick82

Slickrick82

I don’t know either but I think plant some cover crop if you want and add food to the top to feed the soil from time to time. Get some worms to help the soil since never till.

if the pH is good I think it’s fine to use right away. Otherwise adjust pH and check for a few days at least to make sure it’s stable.

also if that is indoors I think humidity will be very intense from a fabric pot that big, I would line it with plastic. Holes at bottom if desired, not for me though.
Humity na I got my house set at perfect rh and temp i wouldn't have an issue with that thinking a ten gallon. I only got a 3x3x6.5 trying save dow u dig.cover crop seeds I hurd that is good ok ima grab some of that some castings

MyGrowYo

MyGrowYo

You should head over to “build a soil”, they have soil recipes posted up for free. Bigger is definitely better for no till, prob get a killer plant from a 25 gal. You can do cover crop if you want or an organic mulch. But if your making it yourself you do need to ”cook“ it, watering in with microbes will speed up the process and let it sit for at least a week.

basically what your asking is a massive question haha just YouTube “build a soil” they drop more knowledge than I can absorb

Moshmen

Moshmen

Humity na I got my house set at perfect rh and temp i wouldn't have an issue with that thinking a ten gallon. I only got a 3x3x6.5 trying save dow u dig.cover crop seeds I hurd that is good ok ima grab some of that some castings
I don’t know bout all that organic stuff but you will most likely have humidity problems even if your house is perfect the plants transpiring in smaller spaces Is always an issue. I’d have a dehuy on stand by during flower just in case

sounds kool though start a diary and post some pics ?

m4s73r

m4s73r

Was up everyone. I'm thinking of doing no till soon I get done with this batch.how would I start it thinking pouring all the soil in a 25 gallon fabric pot.pretty much my question is what do I use for it do I have to let sit of for a bit before using it etc.. please let me know
Look at Grassroots living soil pots. Then order a 30 rather then a 25. Yes you can throw all your soil into the pot. If its used you will want to amend it. Order some Craft Blend and Big 6 from Buildasoil.com. Put in 2 cups of Craft Blend mix well. Water in 2 teaspoons of Big6. Never water more than 5% water to soil. so in a 30 gallon pot, 1.5 gallons of water is the Max water at any one time. Once all nutrients are mixed in, plant clover. soon as clover has a nice bit of green on it, mow it and then drop in your clone/seedling.
Here is a pic of my living soil bed that has 7 year old soil in it. Several runs through it.

If you want to know more about this type of grow or a journal I have one here: https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/multi-strain-bed-grow-looking-for-keepers.134092/

supadoopa2

supadoopa2

The grass roots pots are legit and 30 gallon for the win if you want to not have to feed much. I used 15s and ran into some deficiencies mid flower. Had to top dress and water in some food a few times. If you get the 3.0 soil from build a soil it’s a pretty complete mix. I went crazy and added things like aloe and coconut and quillaja to my waterings but you really don’t have to with that mix. One thing I do recommend is rootwise complete in veg and Rootwise bio- phos in flower makes a huge difference.

supadoopa2

supadoopa2

The grass roots pots are legit and 30 gallon for the win if you want to not have to feed much. I used 15s and ran into some deficiencies mid flower. Had to top dress and water in some food a few times. If you get the 3.0 soil from build a soil it’s a pretty complete mix. I went crazy and added things like aloe and coconut and quillaja to my waterings but you really don’t have to with that mix. One thing I do recommend is rootwise complete in veg and Rootwise bio- phos in flower makes a huge difference.
Oh and grab a few containers of red wigglers from the pet store they love it

Slickrick82

Slickrick82

Look at Grassroots living soil pots. Then order a 30 rather then a 25. Yes you can throw all your soil into the pot. If its used you will want to amend it. Order some Craft Blend and Big 6 from Buildasoil.com. Put in 2 cups of Craft Blend mix well. Water in 2 teaspoons of Big6. Never water more than 5% water to soil. so in a 30 gallon pot, 1.5 gallons of water is the Max water at any one time. Once all nutrients are mixed in, plant clover. soon as clover has a nice bit of green on it, mow it and then drop in your clone/seedling.
Here is a pic of my living soil bed that has 7 year old soil in it. Several runs through it.

View attachment 1202572

If you want to know more about this type of grow or a journal I have one here: https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/multi-strain-bed-grow-looking-for-keepers.134092/
Beauti that's what I want.but I got a 3x3x6 I was think of useing my four space fabric pot bed its 2x2 was gonna cut out the spacing that makes the 4 spaces out so I can have the whole thing instead that way I can pour all soil in it and take it from there idk. Or just dnt b cheap and just get a 30 gallon living soil pot lol idk. But shit awsome I'm jealous

Latest posts

Top Bottom