In the meantime, how about a 3x3 grow?

• Thread starter phenotyper
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
phenotyper

phenotyper

Hi everyone. I'm dealing with some problems with my current residence, so I have to scale my op down pretty hardcore for the next month or two.

I've also bombed for root aphids over and over and praying they never come back.

Usually, I run 1000w on a mover and have separate areas for veg and flowering. I'll hookup my 6" fans and jam them through the 5" openings on the tent.

This run, I am starting organically with my super soil mix and using:

DR80 3x3 tent
Lumatek 600W Digital Ballast
HPS Lumatek High PAR Bulb - 92,000

I could use some suggestions. Usually I run a mixture of strains, but this time I am going to run indica or extremely indica dominant. Thinking master and bubba kush if I can find decent cuts today or tomorrow.

How many of each? I was thinking either 9 plants in 1 gallon smart pots, flipped after about a week. Or 5 plants in 3 gallon pots flipped in about 2-2.5 weeks.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
if you go with an idica dom you should have no problem running 9 plants

S

Shredder

Hi everyone. I'm dealing with some problems with my current residence, so I have to scale my op down pretty hardcore for the next month or two.

I've also bombed for root aphids over and over and praying they never come back.

Usually, I run 1000w on a mover and have separate areas for veg and flowering. I'll hookup my 6" fans and jam them through the 5" openings on the tent.

This run, I am starting organically with my super soil mix and using:

DR80 3x3 tent
Lumatek 600W Digital Ballast
HPS Lumatek High PAR Bulb - 92,000

I could use some suggestions. Usually I run a mixture of strains, but this time I am going to run indica or extremely indica dominant. Thinking master and bubba kush if I can find decent cuts today or tomorrow.

How many of each? I was thinking either 9 plants in 1 gallon smart pots, flipped after about a week. Or 5 plants in 3 gallon pots flipped in about 2-2.5 weeks.

I grow in a homemade 3x3 box. I use a screen over four plants. I veg them until they're close to the screen set up at 30 inches. Then I give them a week or two to fill up the screen. With a 600w I regularly pull 4 quarter pounders with out cheese. More plants were just more hassle, IMHO......shredder

B

bongtime

hi shredder i have a darkroom 100 3ft x 3ft x 7ft i am going to try soil grow
with 4 x 11ltr pots should i put the scrog net 30cms from top of pots cheers bong

S

Shredder

Well, we are obviously in separate countries mate, so I measure in inches. In my set up I take my clones when their moms go into flower, this gives them 8-12 weeks to grow. I clone them in 14 oz beer cups, at approx. 3 weeks, they go into 2 gallon smart pots, when their moms are harvested they get another transplant into 7 gallon fabric pots, the light is set at 18 hours on 6 off until the screen is 60/70% filled with green. Then I switch the timer to 12/12. I have the screen set at thirty inches, because they are about 28-30 inches when they are ready to go in the box. Even with the screen, after stretching in flower they can get to well over 40 inches tall. And there is no more room for pots when using 7 gallon containers in such a small space......hope this helps, I'm sure you can convert my measurements to metric if your interested.......shredder

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
hi shredder i have a darkroom 100 3ft x 3ft x 7ft i am going to try soil grow
with 4 x 11ltr pots should i put the scrog net 30cms from top of pots cheers bong

its generally frowned upon to hijack somebody thread like this - better to start your own thread bongtime

peace

phenotyper

phenotyper

I got 7 very healthy, rooted Bubba Kush clones and 2 TAG (Apparently, GDP Bagseed that had a dank sample that I saw, but who knows) in rockwool which I placed into FFOF mixed with FF Chunky perlite. After they get some excellent roots, they will be transferred into the super soil mix. Vegging under my 8 bulb t5 right now.

K

kes5480

I run 6plants started12/12 at about 7-8"tall. 3gallon square pots w Happy Frog soil i use all the fox farm products plus some Liquid Karma and cal mag+, under a 400 hps and usually pull one and a half ounces sometimes more depending on strain and me of course. its in a homemade 3x4ft tent. I'm currently running 4 big buddha cheese clones and 2 ceres seeds white widow from clone(all clones from my mother plants).2 weeks into flower and 17-19"tall and looking so healthy. Maybe we can help each other?

phenotyper

phenotyper

I have transplanted the 7 Bubba Kush clones, and 2 TAG into 1 gallon smart pots. Also running 2 Short Ryders with my super soil mix. TAG is super vigorous and growing much more quickly than the Bubba. The TAG seems to be a heavy eater.

All plants have been getting foliar Alfalfa tea and they are loving it.

Popping a bunch of seeds, tired of bad clones.
Currently germinating/planted:
Dinafem Fruit Automatic
KC Brains Brains Damage
Blue Widow
DNA Pure Afghan

Coming up:
Mandala Satori
Mandala Point of No Return
White Label White Skunk
White Label Master Kush
Emerald Triangle Bubba 76

Phenosearching begins. My name is appropriate.

Oh and I am using PBP and other botanicare additives. Along with organic teas, this will be more *organic* than my previous grows, but probably more like 90-95%.

MendoCruz

MendoCruz

I'm really excited to hear you review on the Bubba 76. That's the Afgani Bubba cross right? Are you growing the Pre98 right now also or just Bubba. I have a couple Pre 98s going now. 3 outside and two in. They are fairly slow growers, stout, but slow. Are you finding the same for your bubba?

phenotyper

phenotyper

Well, I snagged the bubba from a local club, but it did not have the pre98 designation. My bubba is super slow in veg and stout, and it seems I have been battling some sort of deficiency from almost the beginning. They are heavy feeders and I am I trying out PBP, so still trying to get them dialed. It will be a while before I pop the Bubba X Afghani, but you better believe they will have a story to tell when I do!

I'll post some pictures of my mini-op in the near future.

phenotyper

phenotyper

Yes I am. Basically per gallon they get:

15ml PBP Grow
10-15ml CalMag+
10ml Liquid Karma

I've been foliar feeding Floralicious plus, some PBP grow, and some CalMag+ (different feedings mostly) and the symptoms have not abated.

What I notice is that the plants seem to be generally happy, but they have never reached the dark healthy green I am accustomed to. I also notice some Cal/Mag deficiencies, which I feel like I have been battling the most. I have checked the soils ph and I found it to be on the lower side of about 6.2, which means my calmag may be locked out. I water at 6.4-6.6 usually, so I find this to be odd.

I also notice that Merit75 seems to cause some photo sensitivity and yellowing, but I haven't decided it is the cause of my problems.

I had them in 1 gallon smart pots, and everything just got transfered into 3 gallon smart pots, because I thought they may have been stressed in the smaller pot. However, this just happened and I will have to wait until they get acclimated before I can see if this helped.

Edit: You know, I have been going crazy with foliar feeding Maxicrop 1-0-4, and in retrospect this can lockout P and CalMag, which I had forgotten. I'll stop doing that for now.

M

mrbong73

Hey phenotyper,
Let's see some pics of your girls. I would back off the kelp for a min. maybe stop feeding and just give water for a couple days.
What was your soil mix? It's possible the def. is actually a lockout of some sort or an imbalance in nutrients from what's in the mix and what your feeding.
Just a thought.

MendoCruz

MendoCruz

I keep my ph right around 6-6.2. I usually only give 5 ml/ gal of Cal-mag and 10ml/gal if I see a def. I'm looking forward to the pics. Big ups!

bubkush

bubkush

Mendocruz, I am also getting ready to Flower (Bubba 76)-(Pre-98 Bubbakush)-(Violator Kush)-(O.G Kush)- And (Purple Cream) !!! I have been runnin pre-98 & Purple Cream mostly for indoor FIRE !! Wish me luck and i will update everyone soon !! ~B.K~:mad0233:

Top Bottom