In urgent need of help !!!

• Thread starter Ryu79
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Ryu79

Hey, I'm a newbie from est Europe in great need of help !!!

Let's start from the beginning : - lights : 400W HPS ( cool tube ) + 4 x 180W CFL's cool daylight
- tent size 2.40/1.20/2.00
- in-line - out-line for air circulation
- temp is at a steady rate of 24.8-25.8 Celsius
- humidity at 32-50%
- 3 small ventilators for extra air circulation +root and stems strengthening
- light is about 45-50 cm from tops
- they are now 4weeks old from the day they put their head out of the ground and around 25-30 cm
- medium : potting soil with perlite mix(30%) with very small amounts of npk and a ph of 5.5-6
- they were on 24/0 light schedule and from 4 days ago on 20/4 (got a bit freaked reading on-line about how they need at list a little bit of sleep in order to fully develop...)
- I have 5xBigDevilXl , 3xChronic(not sure), 1x......(not sure) , - long story,don't ask :) but still all of them auto-flowers. I did the mistake and didn't put them from the beginning in soil (as I supposed to..) , except one(which btw is doing better then all of them) and put them there after they broke out from the shell . In the beginning straight ph water(which I measure with a ph test kit, the one where u put 2 drops and u have to see the color change ,i'm keeping it as much as possible around 6.3-6.5 ) until the third set of fan leafs took off then I've started with Aptus nutes as follows : Regulator + Start Booster + Supervit(everything at half measures) , all was perfect, started growing good, with some small discolorations which I thought were from a lack of N , so, next watering(4 days later) I put the same nutes+10% more and I added N-Boost(were I made the mistake of putting full dosage) then everything went to hell...i will put some pics for u 2 see maybe we can find some solutions together . Some of them display nute burns, some of them yellowing...I flushed of course with Flora Kleen 8 days ago and did two foliar feedings with an NPK fertilizer(10-5-5) then the next watering(23th of march) I put: Regulator+FN Bloom + StartBooster + Enzym+ / the baby's r looking better...

Today I should water again, and everybody tells me it's Cal-Mag def, I forgot to mention: these are the only nutrients I have and no many possibilities of buying new ones at the moment, or at list anything more then tomato nutes :) : Regulator/StartBooster/Enzym+/N-Boost/P-Boost/K-Boost/Top-Booster from Aptus and also FloraNova Bloom from GeneralHydroponics , so I went and found only the following: GrocalMGB(Ca17%,N10%,Mg4%,B0.1%) the only product with Cal-Mg in it...the values seems a bit hi so I'll put just a little bit.
Can u pls help me with a feeding schedule from the data I gave u and the nutes that I have ?

Btw, what do u think about the size for 3.5 weeks (on the package it says 9.5 weeks from start to finish) ?? I know the light is not enough, and even though I have a 600 HPS which is not new(not even close) , I prefer the 400 which was brand new, and I think it's gonna put out more lumens then the old 600.
Pls I need a quick answer , cause I have to water them today and don't know what to do...
Many thank in advance for any help or advice :)
PS. I'll upload some pics from today after they weak up :)

In urgent need of help
In urgent need of help 2
In urgent need of help 3
In urgent need of help 4
In urgent need of help 5
In urgent need of help 6
In urgent need of help 7
In urgent need of help 8
In urgent need of help 9
In urgent need of help 10
In urgent need of help 11
In urgent need of help 12
justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

...yeah man, it's been a few years since i grew in soil but to me they look overwatered and they look like there is a ph issue, ...if i remember right you ph in soil should be 6.3 - 6.8 not 5.5 - 6.0.

as a new grower i'd strongly suggest you research KISS principles because you are using so many different products it will be very difficult to determine which are actually useful and which are a waste of money. ...search for MaxiBloom, there are many threads across the interweb authored by accomplished growers who use NOTHING but MaxiBloom, and i mean nothing, no additives whatsoever.

anyway, hopefully some soil expert can come by and give you some specific treatment for your issues, me, all i could suggest is a very good flush followed by several days of NO water, none actually until the pots feel light when you lift them up.

peace, bozo

Pisces

Pisces

Hi Ryu, and welcome to the Farm, hope I can help.

Another thing i'd recommend you do is save up for a nice meter.

Those drops that you have are only good if your water is clean and doesn't have anything added to it... especially FN bloom which is really dark and thick.

No way you can read whether it's green blue orange or whatever.

Get a meter, and don't skimp on it.
Save for a really nice one…if you take care of it, it'll pay for itself Really fast!

Once you can get an accurate reading from your meter, then I would Flush out your medium with nothing but a little calmag and maybe 3ml of FN bloom with No additives.

Last edited:
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I've only quickly perused your post and JAB's response as well as the others. I feel bozo's hit closest to your problem, your soil pH started out too low, and I think that in order to correct that you need to use water of a slightly higher pH. I'd be shooting for closer to 7.

I haven't used the products you're using, but what I'm observing are the following issues; Leaves are ruffled or keeled, usually hints an issue with pH; Leaves are curved down in a 'clamped' manner, usually indicates a problem with vapor pressure deficit (aka VPD, I haven't worked your numbers at all here); Reddened petioles and random necrotic areas, strong indicator of P uptake or utilization problem as well as deficiency; One leaf depicted may be Ca- IF it's at the top, or newest growth. Mostly I'm seeing a P problem as well as VPD problem.

I see absolutely nothing that indicates the fictional deficiency known as "cal-mag." Once you understand the functions of each elemental nutrient, those being calcium/Ca and magnesium/Mg, and their mobility within the plant, you'll come to understand that the only time you're going to see a "cal-mag" deficiency is when you're observing BOTH a calcium AND a magnesium deficiency at the same time. Click my Charts sig line, examine the charts in the first post closely and you *will* understand, I promise. I believe someone's put a VPD chart in the thread, too, so that will help you as well. And I think even a pH chart, too!

You do know that your own body makes Nature's Perfect Fertilizer, right? Dilute at around 10:1 water:urine, try not to splash it onto the plants. ;)

Top Bottom