In veg and leaves are very miscolored. Is this light stress or something else.

• Thread starter Millerzzz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Millerzzz

Millerzzz

In veg and leaves are very miscolored is this light stress or something else
This is Gelato 33 growing in a 1 Gallon pot with Motherearth Groundswell Soil. I'm having trouble diagnosing this. Any help would be appreciated.

Potsquatch

Potsquatch

Looks like magnesium deficiency? Not familiar with the soil, if you're sure it has everything you need then check your PH. Too low can lock out magnesium.

Also consider pot size, she looks big for a 1 gallon pot. You might see some stress and nutrient uptake issues if the roots are bound. Overwatering can cause the same problem.

How's she doing now?

Millerzzz

Millerzzz

Looks like magnesium deficiency? Not familiar with the soil, if you're sure it has everything you need then check your PH. Too low can lock out magnesium.

Also consider pot size, she looks big for a 1 gallon pot. You might see some stress and nutrient uptake issues if the roots are bound. Overwatering can cause the same problem.

How's she doing now?
Hey man. Just switched her to a 5 gallon pot the other day. Stems are now very purple as well as the leaves. Some yellowing as well throughout. Do you guys think I might have kept in the pot for too long or a mag issue?

3BCE00DF FFFC 43BC B725 30A4C97A075B
9D9F9BCA 02F0 49EE B64C 710CA6CDEAE2
AF8435D9 C7E3 4C27 B7FD 1AD9C0153D3F
1B515E40 DD0F 4D57 BCA4 4A1B3E62EC99
MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Hey man. Just switched her to a 5 gallon pot the other day. Stems are now very purple as well as the leaves. Some yellowing as well throughout. Do you guys think I might have kept in the pot for too long or a mag issue?
It's certainly a magnesium uptake issue. What we don't know yet is if it's a deficiency or pH lock-out. Do you know what your run-off pH is?

Edit: My plants go from 1 gallon pots to 5 gallon fabric pots at about 8"-10" inches. Your pot size didn't help you out but it's probably not the root cause of your issue.

Top Bottom