indentify this bug in mother room?

• Thread starter theTinker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

theTinker

I found about a dozen of these inside my mother room. First bug sighting.

mite2.png
mite1.png

Contains 2 plants. 1 year old each.

Im going to do a full clean out and disinfectant. and silicon up any little cracks near the floor/wall joins.

Can anyone identify this bug for me?
If so, Can you recommend a product to deal with if nesscary?

None found on my flower room or clone tent.

I can destroy the mother if required as i have a fair number of rooting clones from them already so i can grow another mother.

Thank you for your help.

T

theTinker

delighted its not them spider mites i read about.

Ill wash the room out and disinfect it. Its a small cupboard area. It gets quite humid and hot as theres no fan in there. Ill install one.

Plants never show signs of them, only on the walls. Thanks very much

M

MIway

if bed bugs... you'l need to get in a pro exterminator... which might be a prob w the garden... they really do have to get everywhere... pernicious comes to mind.

can at least say the first pics def aren't a mite... only 6 legs

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
Yeah bro spider mites and most other pests cannabis growers encounter are much smaller. These bed bugs are 7mm when adult. Either way you'll be fine.

Cheers,
Crom

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

I had seen on the news these fuckers are nasty. They are carying MRSA and something else now. Wishing you the best on this one brother.

T

theTinker

alrite so it doesnt sound like these are so neglible as i thought.

Pro exterminators? I wasnt expecting this.

This is a small cupboard room, 2 plants. newly built apartments. The only place i've seen them is the cupboard room i have the plants in. I sterilise and wash my carpets and beds twice a year and ive never seen any of these anywhere else.

So bed bugs arent just for beds so?

T

theTinker

Reading articles online. They do sound like a pro is needed to get rid of them.

But i cant find anywhere that suggest anything they'd be in a grow room.

they come out at dark. yet my room is 24/7 lights on.
Attracted to CO2, ive no CO2 in the small enclosure.

No where in my living room, bedroom, grow room etc

Ive proper levels of hygeine and infact only washed and disinfected my carpets and bed last month. I do it every few months cause im a bit freaked out by germs etc.

Edit:
Bedbug Diet

Although the preferred host is human host, it will feed on other animals, such as poultry, mice, rats, canaries, dogs, and cats if necessary. They normally feed at night, but may feed in the daylight in rooms that are not used at night.

This cupboard only ever has my hands in it for about 2-3 mins evey few days just to water the 2 mothers. There couldnt be anything other than plant matter to feed on. Im going to try take some better pictures later and confirm identification of these little feckers. Everyone wish me Non bed bugs please!

Cort

Cort

before u get too crazy Id suggest taking them into an exterminators office and asking if they are indeed bedbugs or what they are.

They dont seem to be MMJ related pests, so the list of what they could be varies by location. For all I know there is a common beetle in your area that looks like that.

That would be a step I took before I started burning my linens and sofas.

If in an apartment or rental pest control is usually the property's responsibility.

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

My wife did some research on them after we watched the news and hearing about them. Most common place to get them or bring them home from is the motel or hotel... so they could have hitched a ride in your luggage or something to that nature. Or if you got a hand me down matress.

Wishing you the best brother.

P.S. Yes like it was said... take them to an exterminator and ask what they are before you get to crazy.

J

johndeere

More likely in my opinion, Root aphids can become a serious prob quick.

T

theTinker

More likely in my opinion, Root aphids can become a serious prob quick.

Im praying for the E type! I shall dissect the soil later on in the mother plants and if i find any. Ill destroy the lot of them.

Id much rather something attack my plants than me! I cant find any in any area of my bedroom after a thorough search. So ill collect what ones i can into a lunch box for show and tell. and dissect the mother pots to check there too. And disinfect the room anyways.

Thanks for the link

J

johndeere

If thats it you will see "fruit flies" soon enough. Good Luck

hiboy

hiboy

Looks like definitely a beetle.
I would put sticky paper down and try to trap some. See if they have wings, from that root aphid pic it looked like they have wings, I would be bombing also
hiboy

Top Bottom