Indica Or Sativa

• Thread starter GoGreene
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Sativied

Sativied

Ruler of the Whorled
Supporter
Leaf/leaflet shape is not linked to all other traits. An indica dom polyhybrid can have sativa slender leaflets, and a sativa dom (as in most genes from a sativa ancestor) can have broad leaves.

Combined with other traits and knowing the parents it can then still be used to determine in a straight pure sativa x pure indica cross one is more sativa/indica dominant than the other. It just doesn't mean much on itself.

Determining indica dom based on leaf shape is even harder than recognizing sativa dom. I've never seen slender leaflet plants turn indica dom looking, but have grown plenty of hybrids and indica dom that started out like ugly duckling indica looking and ended up growing very slender fans in flower. An example is a plant in my journal I called the "swan" for that very reason.

The stretch and structure is indirectly influenced by the leaf shape though. Broad leaflets typically result in less branches causing the plant to focus more on the main stem, making it thicker and stacking more nodes. This is supposedly exactly why the hash farmers in pakistan and afghanistan selected for broad leaves. Broad leaflets on a sativa dom hybrid can result in stretchy branches. Slender sativa leaflets on an indica (-dom) hybrid results in more suitable for cropping. The more open leaf structure results in more branching, while still producing tall donkey dicks (opposed to indica colas and colletas).

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
The stretch and structure is indirectly influenced by the leaf shape though. Broad leaflets typically result in less branches causing the plant to focus more on the main stem, making it thicker and stacking more nodes. This is supposedly exactly why the hash farmers in pakistan and afghanistan selected for broad leaves. Broad leaflets on a sativa dom hybrid can result in stretchy branches. Slender sativa leaflets on an indica (-dom) hybrid results in more suitable for cropping. The more open leaf structure results in more branching, while still producing tall donkey dicks (opposed to indica colas and colletas).
[like...]
This is supposedly exactly why the hash farmers in pakistan and afghanistan selected for broad leaves.
Many times I've seen, ah, a Fharmer;
who has plants with leaves folks prefer over other farmers' buds,
them hash farmers mightta been selecting for--
trichome-laden leaves too...

Top Bottom