indoor 12 12 seed crop for seeds

• Thread starter cruzin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cruzin

cruzin

Im wanting to have a seed crop this winter indoors. I wonder if you will hurt the genetics of the strains that you want to cross? Because I want to use the seeds made in the grow for next years outdoor crop.
Any one have knowledge or thoughts on this subject? thanks in advance.

cruzin

cruzin

Im wanting to have a seed crop this winter indoors. I wonder if you will hurt the genetics of the strains that you want to cross? Because I want to use the seeds made in the grow for next years outdoor crop.
Any one have knowledge or thoughts on this subject? thanks in advance.
no one has any thoughts on this topic?

linde

linde

Unfortunately pretty much everything has been crossed to death. I would do it only if you must as you'll likely wash out desirable traits. I find the offspring is rarely as good as the original but you can still get lucky. Now a good inbred line cross is more likely to have a predictable outcome and positive results.

Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

Yes, make seeds this winter and sow them next year. Sometimes you will get a smaller or not as dark and tiger striped seed compared to an outdoor produced seed, but they germinate and grow just the same. I've done seeds under HPS, LED and CFL. HPS was bigger and darker, LED was smaller and not as dark but worked well and the CFL will get some seeds to finish but you may need to run the plant a couple extra weeks.

To answer the question, no, making seeds inside will not have a negative effect when you plant them outdoors next season.

Top Bottom