Indoor 600W Organic Soil - Dispensary Blueberry Bagseeds

• Thread starter 2DogWalker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

2DogWalker

I'll post up some pics this week - gotta get camera from work... now to the goods.

The Dope:
Currently I have (8) - Just Rooted Blueberry Clones obtained from friend who is currently on day 14 of flower, 2 Phenos (6 of one - Taller, skinny & 2 of another, Tall & THICK) Both Clearly Females in his garden - Have a few back ups just in case in the cloner.

The Dirt:
8 Plants that I am planning on growing out are currently potted in one gallon pots of organic soil picked up at big box hardware store. When I transplant to final container (thinking of using earthboxes (what I use for tomatoes) or smart pots) for move to flower room I would like to use promix bx or possibly fox farm OF or a self made soil mix (Any Advice would be greatly appreciated! I feel confident in my ability to raise a plant, although my experience with this one is some what limited.)

The Nutes:
Goin for Fox Farm Grow, Big Bloom and Tiger, would like to use Great White and Voodoo as well to get my soil booming. When would it benefit my plants most to use house and gardens root excelerator (as i have a decent amount)??? And possibly pick up a few more such as bud candy etc as I move towards flower and pick up knowledge.

Equipment in The room:

Mother/Clone Room: 4 Lamp 2' T5, (2) Single Lamp 2' T5' Vertical on walls - Back up clones currently in this room - Working on getting some computer fans to bring in fresh air from house air. (approx 22"x46"x35" High)

Veg Room: 6 Lamp 2' T5, 2 Single Lamp 4' T5 Vertical on walls (Thinking about adding 2,4,6 more???) Working on getting some computer fans to bring in fresh air from house air. (approx 22"x46"x48" High)

Flower Room: 600W Digital HPS w EURO Reflector - Air Cooled w/ 4" Hi Velocity Fan & Carbon Filter.
(Approx 30"x60"x72" Height to bottom of Light at full Height)
Planning on getting a few 6" Wall Mount Fans as well to keep some wind blowing as the plants will probably (hopefully I should say) be packed in at the end.

Also just sent in for some Karma White OG and Cali Alien Bubba so this run is to get the room, and my skills dialed in more so then to hone in the genetics!! Much thanks for all the information I have obtained all ready!

Well thats what I got, thanks again for all your help all ready, and thanks in advance for any to come.

How can I use maple sap as opposed to molasses to provide sugars? or even straight syrup if I had to? - Let me know, I'll send u some maple candy!

420king-MASSES

if your trying to be organic dont use ff grow big use something omri certified//420king subscribed//// and welcome to the farm

2DogWalker

Here are the pics

I will explain each pic in the next post to make sure I have the right description with the right picture. Thanks again for all the info!

I sent my letter to the bay today!!

Hoping for good things to come, no worries on hurting my feelings here tell me like you see it! Thanks much..

100 2021
100 2022
100 2023
100 2024
100 2025
100 2026
100 2027
S

Steve Z

lookin good man.

i'd roll up that ducting to give it an easy flow for the fan, that crease in the bottom looks like its damn near closed

good luck be safe

2DogWalker

Pic 1 & 2 - Showing the currently vacant Flowering Room - 600w w/ Dig Ballast and fan etc- vented to outside. I am thinking of moving the fan and ballast up higher to get more grow space...

Pic 3: Clone Room / Bonsai Mother(I HOPE) room: 4 Bulb 2' T5HO w/ 2' Vertical T5HO on each end

Pic 4: Overhead shot of Veg Room: 6 Bulb 2' T5HO w/ 4' Vertical T5HO on each End.

Pics 5 - 7: Blueberry Cuttings 1 day out of cloner (cloner currently is old school greenhouse w/ dome and seed mat) - showing some really good roots in the bottom, used clonex gel, so I am hopeful for success.

Watered for the first time last night using very light Growbig and Big bloom mixture in water. They are in straight org. Soil in the veg room - would like to get some perlite in the mix on the next transplant to help w/ drainage etc.

How much should I worry about PH, should I only be concerned if the girls are telling me to be so, or would I make up for it in added grams/watt to be proactive?

Super stoked, thanks for any and all feedback.

2DogWalker

420King: Awesome I looked at a few options at the store today to stay organic, I think I am going to go with the fox farm for this run as I have a full bottle but definitely will try to keep the next one in the closet all organic. Thanks for the welcome, much appreciated.

Steve: Thanks much for kind words. I have a month or so before I put the fan to use so I just have it pulled all the way up, was just procrastinating on actually tying up tubes until I see how high light will start at for flowering, although now that I am
learning I think I might end up transplanting and vegging for a few weeks under the 600w/ MH Bulb so I can get some better soil drainage sooner than later.

So I picked up some great white, cal mag from general hydro (i think) and superthrive to add to the nute line up. Currently watering with well water, need a ph tester and ppm tester, no RO System. When the guy came out to sell me a 10k water softener he told me my ppms were pretty high, and he thought I should buy an RO for my water. Maybe now I have a financial incentive I will buy one for the water and my girls if I need to.

Have been reading up on the nute treatments others are using there is just so much to absorb that I haven't really been able to get a good line up down. So many choices, any direction would be appreciated.

I

Igot5onit

Whats up bro, Ill be posted up for this. I myself don't know much about soil grows so this will be interesting. Good luck on the blues.

S

Spliff-killa

Hey 2dogwalker looking DYNOMITE! Nice simple set-up. If you want to stay all organic next time The Depot, Wally World, or even Lowes, get fish emulsion. Stinks to high heaven, but all organic. Plus if you have any animals they will be your best friends, especially cats. I am going to guess that the soil is probably MG. If so, DON'T feed for at least a week. Soil already had ferts in it. PH IS A BIG PART, dont under-estimate it! Go get a ph pen soon, you can 1 on ebay cheap, 20 bucks. Remember, buy the time the girls tell you they don't feel good, THERE is already a problem! Peace

2DogWalker

Well,

Welcome just wanted to welcome this post to 2011.

Update:

Veg Room: 8 Plants seem to be taking root well, I watered yesterday, new growth definitely starting.

Clone Room: Been Transplanting some clones into small cups and containers for a few fellow caregivers to get started in their new systems as well. Been fun experimenting with different consistencies of soil mediums.

Flower Room:Moved Ballast to ceiling Height and moved inline fan up as much as possible to maximize height for fourth earth box plants.

Still haven't decided entirely on what I will use in terms of medium for the flowering stage. Currently I am thinking I will run 4 earthboxes with 2 plants each. Filled res w/ perlite and make small res, use vermiculite to make tap root paths, and a mix of promix and perlite, as I have nutes so I might as well control them during flower to maximize production. Any advice/criticism greatly appreciated....

I will post some more pictures when things progress.

Happy New Year to all

Igot5: Thanks man, welcome to the show.

Spliff: Thanks man, simplicity was definitely the goal for this space, still working on a few more pieces (always a work in progress). But tried to get a working system before starting!
I have a pretty rad compost heap outside that I started from my garden last summer (new location) so I will definitely be moving to a more holistic approach as I become more in tune with the plant and the weather allows for some thaw! Would definitely like to start brewing my own juices sooner than later... I live to experiment so this is where I see the most options.

2Dog

2DogWalker

Picture Update Number 2

2011.... has been busy, phew.. Well I got a new sink installed so I don't have softened water and its right next to the grow area, making it a considerably easier to accomplish the task.

Bought some new nutrients etc, ph up/down and buffer/calibration liquids.

Still need to get the air circulating, with some computer fans, just working on getting the transformers now...

Been having some weird leaf issues on some of the smaller blueberry clones I have been getting ready for a fellow caregiver (I think it was b/c of the softened high salt water..hopefully), but they sure are THICK, especially that aurora indica #1.

But so far the 8 in the Veg Chamber are coming along nicely. I will probably top tomorrow as necessary to level out the canopy (6 of 8 im thinkin)...

Last Picture loaded is of my christmas present to myself. Thanks logic, Karma, CC, and pisces genetics for the freebie purple pygmie! Welcome to the world of elite genetics, lets see how I can F**k this up lol, I will do my best I promise.

Let me know what your thinkin people, thanks for your advice etc....

Best
2Dog

100 2028
100 2029
100 2030
100 2032
100 2035
100 2039
100 2037
100 2040
RIVAL79

RIVAL79

Funk Master!
Supporter
Keep up the good work and welcome 2 da farm. Stop by my tga grow. I got some new pics up of my ladies.

G

Gandalf

haha 2Dog - the legend ! :D

Hello friend, how are you doing.
It's a pleasure seeing an ace at work.
Kudos - looks good, like it always did.

2DogWalker

Gandalf,

Not sure if I swiped an old name, but I am pretty sure I am not the legend your thinking I am..... In my own mind MAYBE, lol but definitely not the real world. Sorry to inform you, but welcome to my grow show.

I did however see the tomatoes your growing and am a little better of a tomato gardener then I am at growing the MJ to this point.

Welcome my friend, hopefully we can build a new friendship!

2dog

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Hey 2 dog nice space u got there, looks well thought out. You sure your new?

NeoMarius

NeoMarius

Yeah I love the germ and veg sections of the room. Also looks to be some first rate genetics your running. I would definitely chop the exhaust tube or slide it through the wall so its a straight run in or out. I run soil myself and all organic as well so stop in my grow if you like. Heard from a dutchman the soil is where its at lol. Im subbed and looking forward to the show. Again if you got any ?'s hit my Ninja grow or PM me.

2DogWalker

2dogs dying plant

AHHHH all this fun is really starting to make it hard to stay at my REAL jobs lol, I have the chalk lines on the floor for the next rooms walls hahahhaha - Mitten final lighting layout for new room(larger space for new patients) is much like yours, thank you........

Mitten,
Thanks for stopping in.... I have had a few rooms in the past as a youngster but that was before the medical mj laws, and with very limited funds as well. I did a lot of thinking and research on here and back in my younger days on Overgrow before I did the building. I really appreciate the compliment though! A cordless impact driver can definitely improve anyones carpentry skills also. And, after my experience last night with PEX I don't know if I could ever pay a plumber again (So easy) hahah..

Neo,

Great to have you here, honored. I have definitely peeked through your grow, but I will stop in and check it out in detail soon!
I am running blueberry clones from a friends room (in the veg room) & the clone room has 1/4 Hindu Kush clones from seeds that I bred outside a few years back (totally amateur), 1/4 Aurora indicas, and 1/2 blueberry clones all for a fellow caregivers.

The genetics pictured just came in the mail a few days ago (wow excitement) but I am waiting to clear out the clone station before I bust the seeds, and I want to get my water issues under control before I start messing with things I can't replace!

NEED HELP! Please.:lock:

I think this clone in the attached pics is locked out due to the high salt content I had been using with the softened water prior to a few days ago, as well, could be my lack of understanding how to use my new PH Pen, but I got it down now! It my indica leaning Blueberry Pheno clone. I would really love any advice from someone that actually knows lol, its killing me I love all my girls I hate to see one suffer (I've considered killing her just to end the pain)

Background on clone, it is in a 75/25 perlite to org soil mix so I can place it in a ebb n grow when ready. Been very lightly feed some fox farms and superthrive. The sat. leaning blueberries are in the same mix and all, and seem to be doing much better.

I also include a pic of a healthy sat leaning blueberry. The Ind leaning clone is the only one I have

Mitten,
Last 2 pics are of nug shots from what I still have from this past summers grow (I know not much), 1st pic was a super early hindu kush, Great flavor, and potent, 2nd pic is from the same seeds, but was the CRAZIEST hindu pheno I have ever seen, I think I must have been high and grabbed the wrong seed or something! B/c it was totally bland, took FOREVER to finish, and was just nothing like any of the other I had grown from that original pack of seeds or even from the seeds I had bred from the original pack! But fun and almost free none the less.

Sorry for my long-winded post. Thanks in advance for any help on the dying plant!

2Dog

100 2041
100 2042
100 2044
100 2045
100 2043
100 2046
100 2047
RIVAL79

RIVAL79

Funk Master!
Supporter
Flush her wit clearex and transplant outta that beer cup and she should b fine. U lucky dog. U got the karma's white og! Man that's some fire. Keep us posted. Haven't checked on my girls 2 see if the burns helpled at all. I will 2day. Hope my partner handled that shit. I will keep u posted. Stop by after work.

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Ya get them into a bigger pot like a #3. I would assume that has a lot to do with it. Oh yeah lookin good. Im not very good with diagnosing problems. Not trying to be cocky but nowadays if I have a sad plant, its something obvious. For ex.I have 3 pineapples I missed one when watering. I will probably lose 1/2 pd on that 1 plant. If you water correctly and dont over nute u should be all good. Im deff. a guy who will say stick to basics keep it simple. The other problem I have is I constantly light bleach my plants but it doesnt seem to bother them. They sure are ugly though. I recently started using t5s for veg. and I dont think they handle the transition as well as when I veg. under the 1000wt hps. Overall growth rates and yeilds seem to be less.

2DogWalker

Awesome,

Thanks for advice Rival and Med I will transfer to a slightly larger container, but I am not keeping it so I dont really have room to put it in a big pot.

I am considering placing these into the flower room to veg for a week or two after I get them out of the Veg room, under a 600W MH that starts out way above the canopy and Ill lower it down as they harden off. Just so I don't get that big transition shock, although they do make a lot of stuff to supposedly help with that.. Then after they are used to the bigger light in veg mode I will flip to 12/12 with the HPS... Just a thought nothing definite as of now.

But I am going to try to get that girl transplanted and see if I can't keep her alive.
Thanks again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom