Indoor Advice And Tips: Raised Beds, Soiless, Og, Gg#4 (flowering)

• Thread starter JahLaw
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

JahLaw

Greetings farming family, I am looking for any input, tips, advice, for finishing a family, medical indoor operation that I do not have any room for anything less than success ;), after loosing entire (well 95%) of out. crop... ouch!!. I have been doing indoor for 10 plus years, minus a three year hiatus, so this is a first round of indoor I have done in three years The reason I want to open dialogue and get some advice is because I am implementing a new technique and formula, different from potted soil I have done in the past. Living on the cutting edge, right! I adopted this is Hydro, Soiless, Coco, and the technique and formula for this grow method is well proven by a family member for some years now. So it makes me a little nervous sometimes. Many thanks in advance for any advance!

Health:
4th Week of Flowering! Doing Great, incredibly healthy canopy, cleaned undergrowth, strong branches, SCrOG, SOG, 2-3 feet tall, skinny typical but healthy og! My only concern of mention here is some (less than 1%) flowers have turned red on the very very tips the new growth and have curled in and some have looked slightly burned with a peace, or ball of dark matter on top of the remaining white. I hope this is not bm or rm. Pics possible soon. This and the new method is what sparked interest into getting more outside opinions for me. Thanks again for the knowledge and experienced ones out there putting in the time!

strains: Boss/fire/platinum/ghost OG, White, GG#4,
cut everything in half then add more fresh water, very cautious about feeding and over watering. I don't trust those suspicious over feeding programs.

Medium: Soiless mix - 75% Vermi Pro, 10%Pro- Mix HP, 15% Ready Gro Mositure, Stacked higher than sides, a solid inch over 6 inches.

Containers: 4x4 (made w 4x6's and ply) movable trays on casters, lined, No Drainage

Nutz: Canna: Coco A&B, Cannzyme, P/k , Bio Bizz G,B,TM , Hygrozyme, B-1, CaMag
-4ml/gal on everything, Light feeding,

Enviro: Always - 60% day-68% night rH, 1500C02pp, day temp. 80-85, night temp. 70-75

Hand Watering schedule/habbits:
Cut everything in half then add more fresh water, very cautious about feeding and over watering. I don't trust those suspicious over feeding programs.
Frequency: was every three, and now moving onto two days

I particularly chose not to use drainage for several reasons, but mainly because the pioneer said not to. This is of course a very advanced technique for very experienced growers who have watering dialed in and this my friends, is were I want to hear more outside opinions and of course experience in this method. What do you think of this container, medium (size, mix, etc), food, water, fertigation (Slow drip fertigation would probably be good), or hand watering techniques? Thanks and stay healthy and grow clean, as organic as possible with no pesticides!

J

JahLaw

Ok, I must be doing great! How many experienced growers are there on this site?

cocoJoe

cocoJoe

Ok, I must be doing great! How many experienced growers are there on this site?
Enough to make your head spin..

Welcome to the Farm JahLaw..
Greetings farming family, I have been doing indoor for 10 plus years, minus a three year hiatus, so this is a first round of indoor I have done in three years
My only concern of mention here is some (less than 1%) flowers have turned red on the very very tips the new growth and have curled in and some have looked slightly burned with a peace, or ball of dark matter on top of the remaining white. I hope this is not bm or rm. Pics possible soon. This and the new method is what sparked interest into getting more outside opinions for me. Thanks again for the knowledge and experienced ones out there putting in the time!

Containers: 4x4 (made w 4x6's and ply) movable trays on casters, lined, No Drainage

Enviro: Always - 60% day-68% night rH, 1500C02pp, day temp. 80-85, night temp. 70-75

Hand Watering schedule/habbits:
Cut everything in half then add more fresh water, very cautious about feeding and over watering. I don't trust those suspicious over feeding programs.
Frequency: was every three, and now moving onto two days

I particularly chose not to use drainage for several reasons, but mainly because the pioneer said not to. This is of course a very advanced technique for very experienced growers who have watering dialed in and this my friends, is were I want to hear more outside opinions and of course experience in this method. What do you think of this container, medium (size, mix, etc), food, water, fertigation (Slow drip fertigation would probably be good), or hand watering techniques? Thanks and stay healthy and grow clean, as organic as possible with no pesticides!
Your room humidity should be 50% or less..
Your new method sounds like the problem.. No drainage.. I guess my watering/feeding is not dialed in.. I use runoff in straight coco.. KISS method for me..
Pictures please..

Best of luck,,
ccJ

J

JahLaw

Thanks cocojoe, I appreciate the greetings, I knew that last comment would get some response ;)!
Yes, the humidity I am addressing now! I just have to plug in humidifier into controller.
Because I m using more peat than coco, I think the beds with no drainage make it possible. The peat is highly absorbent and holds water considerably more than coco. I added the small percentage of coco to the formula I was given, so that could of been hair up my A#% that could have been trouble for this formula. But being it was such a small percentage (and I used ready gro - moisture), that may not runoff as coco is expected to.

Pics soon!

I also just checked....update on red hairs...Problem is gone 98%!!!:D

I switched to fresh water for the situation, and boom, I mean bloom!!

Again, I use 50-75% less liquids than the Bio and Canna recomend, and this goes for all Nutz lines. Less is more! ESPECIALLY with this formula.

IMHO - the red hairs was from slightly over feed, even with 50% less liquid nutez. So, after watering with fresh water, the red hairs have been replaced with strong, long, fuzzy, white hairs almost 100%.

I think peat deserves it's own research and discussion as coco! I am learning so much right now with this!!

Thanks again cocojoe!

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
No drainage = bad

To be more specific. Every time you water you should be watering until you get 10% or so runoff, or drainage.
Otherwise, the chelated nutrients in your nutrients will build up , called salt build up. This causes pH problems and poor plant health.

Best of luck.
Peace

J

JahLaw

No drainage = bad

To be more specific. Every time you water you should be watering until you get 10% or so runoff, or drainage.
Otherwise, the chelated nutrients in your nutrients will build up , called salt build up. This causes pH problems and poor plant health.

Best of luck.
Peace
Thanks for your advice. The health of the plants are phenomenal to me, maybe someone could find something wrong though, lol! The red hairs are 90% replaced by fresh white hairs. This so far is one of the best indoor rounds I have done at this point. The flowers are swelling daily! Always very clean so no pests!! I have been thinking about adding drainage but the plant health is reflecting the soil conditions, do you agree shroomking?

Last edited:
J

JahLaw

If the feeding program and philosophy of "less is more", if you are very dialed in, and careful - therefore watering with fresh water (and up tp 75% less liquid nutez) in two week intervals, say, then salt build up will be minimal/negligible!

I could always drill holes into the trays and flush water onto the floor, no problem... if I ever see any signs! Not the best approach in waiting for something to happen, but at least I have a plan, a good feeling, and good energy on my side!

One aspect that I might feel uneasy about would be the ability to maintain a constant pH without being able to re-set/flush as to "force" the pH of the medium. I will use a omisture/pHtester from here on out!

Last edited:
J

JahLaw

Is there any body out there with experience attempting, succeeding - with this method? I want to hear from you!:ninja:

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
If the feeding program and philosophy of "less is more", if you are very dialed in, and careful - therefore watering with fresh water (and up tp 75% less liquid nutez) in two week intervals, say, then salt build up will be minimal/negligible!

I could always drill holes into the trays and flush water onto the floor, no problem... if I ever see any signs! Not the best approach in waiting for something to happen, but at least I have a plan, a good feeling, and good energy on my side!

One aspect that I might feel uneasy about would be the ability to maintain a constant pH without being able to re-set/flush as to "force" the pH of the medium. I will use a omisture/pHtester from here on out!
If you do drill, find a shallow pan/tray/bin to drain into.

I agree that if you are minimal with nutes it could work. But drainage holes are a twofold area, water out, air in.
Air to the roots is vital. Without fresh air soil/meduims can foster anerobic bacterial growth which can cause root rot.

Here is my concern.
You said your in week 4 of flower.
You said red burnt tips. I'm thinking your roots are sitting in wet , airless, salty spots already.

Can we get a pic?

J

JahLaw

Great advice on the pan drainage...I will definitely have to consider this, and is a great idea.

I hear you for sure on the water out, air in! I know thick, hot, dense soils can easily swing anerobic, but compared to an 80-90% peat mix as I have, could mean the difference.

I am finishing week 4, goin into week 5

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

better to fix a problem (no drainage) now, before it becomes an actual problem down the road. you've now had 4 or 5 people mention this to you, yet you haven't heeded our advise and keep insisting its not a problem. two words for you, root rot.

Top Bottom