Indoor grow lights and opinions

• Thread starter TinkTHC
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TinkTHC

TinkTHC

If you love researching lights.......help! Someone who knows about lights tell me the best fixture to use for indoor growing in my tent. The tent is 60x48x24. Thanks for your knowledge and help!

congolaw

congolaw

If you love researching lights.......help! Someone who knows about lights tell me the best fixture to use for indoor growing in my tent. The tent is 60x48x24. Thanks for your knowledge and help!
A wide spectrum LED is now a great option for small growers if you can afford the slightly higher upfront cost. You might benefit from lower tent/room temps., and also lower power drawl per higher output - watts. What size of tray/canopy are you planning? Base light output on your tray/canopy.

TinkTHC

TinkTHC

A wide spectrum LED is now a great option for small growers if you can afford the slightly higher upfront cost. You might benefit from lower tent/room temps., and also lower power drawl per higher output - watts. What size of tray/canopy are you planning? Base light output on your tray/canopy.
https://www.amazon.com/Barrina-Equivalent-Spectrum-Reflector-Linkable/dp/B07QWV1THV This is what I have now. But I think I need to upgrade.

TinkTHC

TinkTHC

What would you buy?
This will do ok, if you want to upgrade, seek a light that has a wider spectrum than just blue and red. LED lights with a more broad spectrum may generate more flower mass and density.
What in your opinion is the best fixture?

TinkTHC

TinkTHC

This will do ok, if you want to upgrade, seek a light that has a wider spectrum than just blue and red. LED lights with a more broad spectrum may generate more flower mass and density.
I’m looking for perfect crops😊👌!

AngmohGrowz

AngmohGrowz

That stuff you're looking at will grow some weed, but you're going to get far better results using full spectrum lights with Samsung Diodes (White Light). You should take a look at HLG lights - and if you're interested you can take a look at some of the Alibaba brands which many of us use.

TinkTHC

TinkTHC

That stuff you're looking at will grow some weed, but you're going to get far better results using full spectrum lights with Samsung Diodes (White Light). You should take a look at HLG lights - and if you're interested you can take a look at some of the Alibaba brands which many of us use.
[/QUOTE
Shoot me some links

TinkTHC

TinkTHC

Shoot me some links what you would buy. Appreciate your input.

Nkc1451

Nkc1451

I’m looking for perfect crops😊👌!
Im a newbie too but from what i seen from more advanced grower is the samsung diodes either the 301b or h r the best. But if u want to stay in the realm of ur t5 look up the green sunshine company ive seen killer yields off those.

Fuzzydankster

Fuzzydankster

20200904 104744
Humboldt headband
20200830 201934
Humboldt headband
20200827 195807
master kush

These have been growing under bestva 2k ($230) and mars hydro t1000 ($150)

AngmohGrowz

AngmohGrowz

The HLG lights Aquaman linked are fantastic. I know you can get lights much cheaper on Alibaba that are almost the same. You will get better after sales service with HLG of course.

Im in Asia so HLG isn't an option. Recommended Alibaba brands:

Kingbrite - known to last long. I have 6 x 240w qbs myself. So far so good.

Meijiu - also popular like kingbrite. Wiring and overall look is cleaner.

Hortibloom (gayapex lighting) - really cool looking strip lights and a bit more high tech with built in WiFi. I may be getting 3 x 1000w of these in a couple months

AngmohGrowz

AngmohGrowz

HLG often has good sales. If the price is not much more I'd buy them if I were you. Replacing anything would be fast and easy. With Alibaba companies you may get replacements, but it's not guaranteed and will certainly take a long time. I will be keeping a couple 240w qb lights as backup in case one of the 1000w stops working mid grow

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The HLG lights Aquaman linked are fantastic. I know you can get lights much cheaper on Alibaba that are almost the same. You will get better after sales service with HLG of course.

Im in Asia so HLG isn't an option. Recommended Alibaba brands:

Kingbrite - known to last long. I have 6 x 240w qbs myself. So far so good.

Meijiu - also popular like kingbrite. Wiring and overall look is cleaner.

Hortibloom (gayapex lighting) - really cool looking strip lights and a bit more high tech with built in WiFi. I may be getting 3 x 1000w of these in a couple months
I would agree those are good budget options. Imo

Porky1982

Porky1982

Literally designed for a 4x2 footprint

I have 3 of these in an 2.4x1.2 tent and they perform excellently.
They have the new diablo series out now that also look very good.
Gravitas look awesome.
Lumatek also look awesome.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

I dont know i have a $150 600w viperspecta reflector 2 cycle, yes life would be fine if i had a black dog, you get what you pay for! But it works and has been for about 3 years no problem, i have a 6×6 tent so bought another to double my growspace, an expensive hobby but you dont have to blow $1.500 on a light.

20200908 151046

Latest posts

Top Bottom