Indoor grow lights reflectors -NOOB PLEASE HELP-

• Thread starter DexterReed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DexterReed

Hi i am starting up a grow room in a medium walk in waldrobe.
That can fit 20 plants.
Am going to be using auto flowering seeds.

The light i am going to be using is PowerPlant Super HPS 400w Lamp.
What reflector will i need?
Will i need anything else for 400w lamp it only comes with the bulb what will i need please help.

D

DexterReed

there are all going to be lowryder will 400w light be enough for 20 plants?

D

DexterReed

if anyone could recommend me a uk site or international shipping that deals in lights and all grow products.

sky high

sky high

20 plants under a 400 watt lamp? That math doesn't work here....

FYI..... you need 50 watts + per sq ft of floorspace to bloom and make decent nugs.

a 400 watt lamp will cover 8 sq ft. a 2 x 4 area.... maybe a 3 x 3 area....TOPS.

To answer your specific question....You need a 400 watt hps ballast to fire the lamp.

Any reflector from a "wing" to a cool tube to an enclosed hood like a Hydrofarm Daystar/Radiant will work

you might want to rethink and go with a 600 or a 1000...possibly a switchable balllast or a digital that will burn both hps/MH..and you also need to think about ventilation, odor control, temperature/etc.

$700-1000 to get started....minimum, IMO.

good luck

s h

D

DexterReed

could u give me a website where i can just buy a kit if that is possible

sky high

sky high

I'm not in the UK. I would check the banners here at the Farm... maybe one of the sponsors here has info on their site/etc...?

vonwolfen

vonwolfen

If I were you I would get something like a nextgen 400/600 ballast($170-200..), a yieldmaster II extreme refector($80-90), and a bulb from one of the top tier companies($60-120 depending on wattage, and bulb type)..This is a good starting package(or research one similar). The ballast will work in a normal wall socket, and can then switch to 220. Can use MH/HPS bulbs for veg, and flower. The reflector is very good for the price...Try Horticultural Source dot com..price match, and no tax(unless you live in Washington state)..Good luck

T

true blue

growell.com.uk good stuff diamond reflector worked good for me

Top Bottom