Indoor Grow Newbie

• Thread starter Fred Ziffle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Fred Ziffle

Fred Ziffle

Been a smoker for 49yrs and been sick with intestinal cancer and chronic pancreatitis along with other major health issues and smoking helps me a lot and fighting cancer is financially hell so decided to grow few outdoors and with winter coming I decided to try to fix up this water heater box and been doing good last 10days but thinking about getting a tent next month if can...got a 600 watt LED but even through looks like doing ok I'm not sure about the height of light nor the plants inside.
I got few clones from a killer hydro seedling from outdoor plant and few other seedlings about 1ft high and 3 starters from other hydro seeds...
Thing is I wanna try to get them about 2ft or so then start the flowering stag to bud. right now light running 24hr trying to get growing and have 4in inline fan coming to replace the noisy computer fan for exhaust...
should I take the small ones out when ready to start flowering the bigger ones and put them back in after done with budding?...trying to keep a cycle going round clock and only growing for myself so don't need bunch but enough to make it through each cycle.
Thanks ahead for any advice for newbie👍
Here are some pics of set up till I get tent...

Indoor grow newbie
Indoor grow newbie 2
Indoor grow newbie 3
Indoor grow newbie 4
Indoor grow newbie 5
Indoor grow newbie 6
Indoor grow newbie 7
Indoor grow newbie 8
Indoor grow newbie 9
Indoor grow newbie 10
Indoor grow newbie 11
az2000

az2000

If that's tin foil, I've read many times that it can create hot spots (reflections) on plants. White posterboard might work better. (I saw something once that said flat white reflects the most light. I remember that stuck with me because my T5HO fixtures have mirror reflectors. I wondered why they weren't white.).

Fred Ziffle

Fred Ziffle

If that's tin foil, I've read many times that it can create hot spots (reflections) on plants. White posterboard might work better. (I saw something once that said flat white reflects the most light. I remember that stuck with me because my T5HO fixtures have mirror reflectors. I wondered why they weren't white.).
Never thought of that, been keeping eye on it and temp stays between 75-80 and low humidity so far, I got a tent coming in couple weeks to change it out...waa just a thought at first to see if I could do it and I believe I can with right stuff...tganks

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

From what i read flat white has 85% reflectivity and almuninum polished or dimples can be up to 95%. Mylar is in between.

az2000

az2000

From what i read flat white has 85% reflectivity and almuninum polished or dimples can be up to 95%. Mylar is in between.

Thanks, you're right. I went back and looked at something I saw on Trollitup a few years and I read it wrong. Tin foil actually is up there in the 95% range too. Flat white is somwhere in the 75-90 range. (I think I'd be worried about mylar creating hot spots like tin-foil is reported to do. If does, I wonder why mylar is different. But, my example about T5HO focused reflectors probably wouldn't suffer from that -- being a fixed shape, rigid. So, I can see how that mirrored surface would be better than white.).

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Thanks, you're right. I went back and looked at something I saw on Trollitup a few years and I read it wrong. Tin foil actually is up there in the 95% range too. Flat white is somwhere in the 75-90 range. (I think I'd be worried about mylar creating hot spots like tin-foil is reported to do. If does, I wonder why mylar is different. But, my example about T5HO focused reflectors probably wouldn't suffer from that -- being a fixed shape, rigid. So, I can see how that mirrored surface would be better than white.).

Its the crinkles in tin foil that supposedly create hot spots. Mylar has an engineered pattern for diffision.

Fred Ziffle

Fred Ziffle

Finally got my small tent and bigger one coming...trying to get things right👍outdoor ones getting close to harvest I believe but need few more weeks I believe

20190923 150903 HDR
20190923 150856
20190924 175617 HDR
20190923 150851
20190924 175317
20190924 175340 HDR
20190924 175451
20190921 201346
Fred Ziffle

Fred Ziffle

Thanks, new at growing but 49yrs of smoking...👍...got another tent coming that's 2x4x5 and wondering if I can hook up exhaust fan and intake fan to run in both tents or should I use another fan and hoses and filter system? I don't want to screw up, trying to use one for flowering and one for vegging

W

wildmanz

got la garden , but now need 2, but to daisy chain 2 led, will that run the first one down, or better to just plug in direct?

Fred Ziffle

Fred Ziffle

got la garden , but now need 2, but to daisy chain 2 led, will that run the first one down, or better to just plug in direct?
Was thinking of running its on light on different timer plug on the one coming, got 1000w LED coming too...have another exhuast fan and piping to be safe. Just trying to save on eletric.

B

bloodhungry

you can usually daiseychain up to 1000true watts.. Read what the led you bought actually draws from the wall constant or up too, and simply dont go over 1000watts per outlet.. I run 5 leds and i only use 2, 2outlet digital timers. In reality i only need a 2 outlet and a 1 outlet because total true watts im only running 2400watts.

B

bloodhungry

Best advice i can give when buying any Led is do your homework before you buy one. None are ever what they say true watt wise, and thats almoat irrelavent in comparison to the par output and how big of a full bloom/flowee footpeint it gives.

B

bloodhungry

sorry about the typeing i dont use autocorrect and type too fast

Latest posts

Top Bottom