[indoor Grow] Strawberry Banana

• Thread starter deadcat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
deadcat

deadcat

Great temps. I love a solid 74 you running co2?

What I was thinking! Hopefully, it's not too bad come summer though. No CO2 in this one. In the past, I've brewed wine in my grow room, which produces C02 as a by-product and takes about as long as the flowering cycle. Just needed to cover the carboys so light wouldn't get in.

However, with this setup, I'm not sure if there'd be enough CO2 from that (or even other methods) with my fan's CFM/air exchange rate (once ~3secs). Not sure how people typically sup CO2 with a high CFM air exchange but would love to see some ideas if you've heard of that sort of issue before.

DieselDuds

DieselDuds

Yeah you would be expelling your co2 , you could run fans and slow down the air rate or add an a.c. through duct work. But that's a lot of work. Seems like you have it pretty dialed in so far for the size room and all your factors . Did you fix those pictures ?

deadcat

deadcat

Yeah you would be expelling your co2 , you could run fans and slow down the air rate or add an a.c. through duct work. But that's a lot of work. Seems like you have it pretty dialed in so far for the size room and all your factors . Did you fix those pictures ?

I wasn't able to fix my originals since they're too old to edit now, but I added them all in a post and know how to get them working now for future posts.

DieselDuds

DieselDuds

Plant looks great and the fan is perfect. Lol. You did a great job training it so far. You might get a w/o from that thing

deadcat

deadcat

Thanks guys! Lights came on today and things are still looking good. I see a little purple crawling up one of the leave steams (possible nute burn working its way up) I'll need to keep an eye on it. Blasted it with mist to help if so, will flush if it gets worse. Added ~40oz of purified water and adjusted PH as needed.

Topped it and did the first tie down, gonna try to fully utilize my space and maximize the top colas.

20181201 213751
20181201 213756
Last edited:
ethcan

ethcan

Purple going up the stem is not nute burn... rather, it usually relates to uptake issues... be it too low of feed, pH off, temperature too high/low, humidity too high/low.

Start by checking pH and PPM. Your temp/RH look fine, your temp could be a bit higher.

deadcat

deadcat

Purple going up the stem is not nute burn... rather, it usually relates to uptake issues... be it too low of feed, pH off, temperature too high/low, humidity too high/low.

Start by checking pH and PPM. Your temp/RH look fine, your temp could be a bit higher.

Good to know. I looked this up in the past and never found anything. First time I saw it I thought "Cool, must be chronic". Every time it's happened to me nute burn follows unless I add more fresh water and mist the leaves really heavily, so I've always correlated the two.

Quick update.. Checked on the plant this morning, looking good. Turning up toward the light already and new top leaves look bigger. Seems like the plant is adapting pretty well to everything so far.

20181202 091207
deadcat

deadcat

Lights came on today and she was looking a bit thirsty, cleaned the bucket out and started her suggested flowering nutes for Fox Farm week 5 (start of flowering).

The leaf on the left is starting to look really yellow with some purple discoloration. Some on the right are looking more yellow too..

20181204 213917
deadcat

deadcat

Not looking so good.. Getting more purple spots around the tips of the leaves. Checked the PH today and it was around 7.4, crept up quite a bit in just 2 days. Removed the plants for a bit while I added PH down bringing it down to ~6.2. Hope that helps, guess we'll see.

20181206 215552
deadcat

deadcat

Looks like she's finally recovering from the PH spike, been needing to adjust it each day. PH would go up about 1pt each day but today it looks about the same from yesterday. Was up a tiny bit and I adjusted it, but was nowhere near as bad as it's been last few days.

20181210 081832
20181210 081843
deadcat

deadcat

Tied down the two side shoots last night, PH also crept up so I needed to adjust it. Didn't need to touch the PH today though, was at ~6 when I woke up and checked.

20181211 085118
20181211 085124
deadcat

deadcat

Going strong, been needing to adjust the PH just about daily though. Keeps trying to creep up.

20181213 090915
20181213 090906
NHWhites

NHWhites

If your ph is swinging daily, I think you need to adjust the ec/ppm

deadcat

deadcat

If your ph is swinging daily, I think you need to adjust the ec/ppm

I need to get some tools for that. I'm scheduled to swap my water/nutes tomorrow, 1st time since the PH issues. So hopefully that will stop the daily PH swings.

deadcat

deadcat

Cleaned the bucket and added new water/nutes. Was her first time getting a full dose of nutes so was a little worried, but when I looked this morning she looked a lot greener and was perking up, awesome.

20181216 092422
20181216 092426
Top Bottom