indoor jackberry grow journal

• Thread starter gudkarma
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

gudkarma

getting right down to business:

grow area : detached garage : 2 large built in closets (veg & flower) & a grow tent (mothers)

lights : digi 600w HPS/MH on a light mover , 250w MH @ 2 , 150w HPS

medium : soil & homemade bubble cloner

method : SOG

nutes : i own & use ph & ppm pens often & wisely :tongueout

fresh air intake @ 165 cfm : exhaust @ 200 cfm : i change the air in my entire grow space 2x every minute

definitely not my first grow... more like my first grow journal.

having been away from the grow scene for a hot minute, i am finishing a run done with bagseed cuts in a SOG style using lots of perlite & potting soil.

i worked with bagseed in order to dust off the cobwebs & to get to know a new space with a new set up & to beef up my cloning skills in the process.

the bagseed SOG grow is going fine & i'm looking quite set to harvest 3 hazey looking bagseed moms in the next three weeks and 35 lollipops in early november.

...soon after i am saying bye-bye to dirt, perlite, & cuts in 1 gallon pots.

switching to ebb & flow for flower & rocking the shit outta my homemade bubble cloner.

bought Sannie's beans off THCbay not long ago.

i have to say the entire experience of scoring seeds via logic & the Farm was 100x better than dealing with any seebank style company... so if you were in doubt about sending $ to logic let my light shine on you.

the beany McBeans came 11 to a pack and 9 sprouted within two days using the paper towel method.

of the nine sprouts, 7 were A+ students from the door ...while two seedlings were culled due to, what i call, "hybrid dysfunctional syndrome"... meaning they were odd and assymetrical phenos typical of an f2 generation.

soon enough, and because the jackberry grows quite fast, i'll take cuts to determine sex and pull the best single female for my mother plant collection (afghan kush, ak48, the dick, sour d, great white).

& thinking about snatching some jackberry pollen to cross with my sour d. :pimp:

right now, we're at day 26 of the veg cycle.

hopefully i'll get more than one good female jackberry pheno; this way, i can break a plant off for my friend (we're a mini collective : he's the source of my sour d & great white) to keep those ebb & flow trays full & moving.

i also just cracked some dinafem white widow beans for shits & giggles.

enjoy.

i'll be posting progress and thoughts along the way.

~gudkarma

Farmer 003
Farmer 001
Farmer 006
Farmer 015
Farmer 011
Farmer 008
lollipopman

lollipopman

i love the jackberry, pullin up a chair.. heres some pics of mine.. harvested 1.5 weeks ago

P

Phil McCracken

whaazzzup homie? u know im pullin up a seat on this one....im ready....i got my shades on and a phatty rolled for both of us...let ur light shine on them bueaties and do ur damn thing to em'...lookin great so far....those buds that lollipop man put up look like u can smell the purp in them.....buetiful choice of strains.....ill be lurkin.....

WigSplittaz

E

easypleasie

No doubt lolli, those looks awesome! I have a pack i'm seriously thinking about popping now :) How many from a pack turned colors for you? I would love to hear more info on your grow and if you have any grow pics. Hope you don't mind me asking in your thread gudkarma.

G

gudkarma

no ...ask away ...i am curious too.

though i did read a comment from sannie where he notes 50% of jackberry phenos are blue or purple.

phil ===> waz up homie?
checked your cuts this morning... very soon.

lollipopman

lollipopman

those came from the f3 he got out now, but the f2 are the same.. i popped 30 but lost all but 4 from the move and 2 was purple female's, great smoke heres a pic thats in 2 weeks flower, one tub has the black rose but the others are jackberry..

E

easypleasie

Nice little vert setup you got there :) Wow 30 and only two left...good thing you got some girls that survived the move. Are those Heath's black rose? I've wanted to get those for a while now.

G

gudkarma

updated pics

here we have the final cut : 6 jackberry females

topped 4 early on, super cropped another, and left the final one alone.

multiple tops achieved via LST and soon to be very nice moms.

gonna take a couple cuts of each in the next two weeks to flower out and sample.

OCTober 026
S

Spliff-killa

Looking good Gudkarma! I've grown JB out for about a year now. If you are looking for a good pheno, check out the green pheno. IMHO its the better tasting and smelling. The purple has good bag appeal. Really PURPLE!! They both smell blueberryish, but not over powering. Break it open and you WILL smell some fruity smells. Rock hard nugs, covered in crystals. Descent smoke, dry hits in a blunt are tasty!!!:joint: If cured properly!:passingjoint: Good luck!!

Also, in my grows, I've found she doesn't like alot of ferts, so 1/2 strength it to start and work up.

G

gudkarma

Looking good Gudkarma! I've grown JB out for about a year now. If you are looking for a good pheno, check out the green pheno. IMHO its the better tasting and smelling. The purple has good bag appeal. Really PURPLE!! They both smell blueberryish, but not over powering. Break it open and you WILL smell some fruity smells. Rock hard nugs, covered in crystals. Descent smoke, dry hits in a blunt are tasty!!!:joint: If cured properly!:passingjoint: Good luck!!

Also, in my grows, I've found she doesn't like alot of ferts, so 1/2 strength it to start and work up.

cant wait!

will explore the options with phenos when i take & flower those cuts.

why only "decent smoke"?

how long did they flower ...7 to 9 as advertised?

~karma

S

Spliff-killa

Not really a heavy hitter, more of a day time smoke. No munchies or anything, kinda a smoke if you are on a hike or something. Tasty tho! Build up a tolerance kinda quick. Switch it up with something else every once and a while. Not bad, give it a B+. Flowered about 8 weeks, right in the middle!

G

gudkarma

dec 2010 update

okay.

it's on like donkey kong.

i had to break down a two ebb tables in my lab so that i could flower off a few mother plants (two jackberry, a kaya47, and an og kush).

reduced my jackberry count from 5 to 3.

here are two at about three weeks. purple & green phenos representing.

the remaining three are being used as mothers.

i'd like to narrow the jackberry down to 1 but want to do several runs of each in order to determine the real winner.

gettin frosty & lookin yummy.

& wondering if the f3s are as good as these appear to be. :bubblez:

100 4330
100 4335
100 4339
100 4347
100 4346
100 4344
100 4342
100 4332
N

nononsense

& wondering if the f3s are as good as these appear to be. :bubblez:[/QUOTE]

the f3's dont seem to be as good so far. i have 4 jb's in flower. 3 appear to be the same as far as structure. 1 seems lagging behind the others. all are green tho not any hint of purp/blue. i have some rp's purple wreck 5 day old seedlings and some blackwater that was dispatched today. hopefully, i have some purp in my life soon

G

gudkarma

week 5 (ish)...

gonna finish this journal, even though i am 2-3 weeks from harvest, with a few "finished" bud shots.

last night, snatched a few tasters from both the purple & green phenos.

the end result, in my opinion & though i picked these two buds early, is really really nice.

my super frosty jackberry buds at week 5 smell fabulous & are very dense (like a fat chic at an all night fox farm buffet).

no doubt, and for the $, sannies gear is excellent.

jackberry grows fast, flowers fast, responds to training (lst), packs it on fast, and is super easy to maintain.

no dissapointments at all.

my only issue is that it roots a little slow... still, i have 97% success rate with cuts.

the smell : 100% berries with a hint of lemon zest.

the bud texture : dense & very sticky

bud size : i went 4 weeks in 2 gal containers & transplanted to 3 gal containers at the start of week 5 (probably not necessary) : of the two plants i have in flower, one is a huge cola (left alone) and the other is simply filled with beasters (lst'd).

bud color(s) : purps, orange, green : bag appeal AAA+

for the following, keep in mind these buds have been flash cured in three days.

taste : used a glass bowl : delicious with hints of sweetness & berry : rich & enjoyable

high : B+ to A- :: jackberry is a smooth, comfortable, and enjoyable high : it has a predictable complexity : in no way a heavy hitter but still a hitter if you can feel me?

in other words it's not like fixing a jet engine to your head for three hours (like sour d), but imo a very good let's get a session on smoke some to the head type stone.

sannie is very accurate in the description. & photos i saw before i bought the beans looked exactly like what i got throughout the process.

all & all, i am super pleased & would reccomenbd jackberry w/o hesitation.

definitely like to get a couple of packs to find the right male to cross with my sour d (cuts).

i'd also love too see jackberry crossed with herijuana.

hopefully, sannie will continue to make better & stronger & more awesome jackberry... f4, f5, f6 etc.

i've got three jb moms right now & all different phenos. my next 6 to 9 months will be spent with jackberry, afghan kush, and sour d ...double danks with a side order of purps.

*~* gudkarma

MidDEC farmer 007
MidDEC farmer 014
MidDEC farmer 016
S

Spliff-killa

Hey Karma, looks good. Which pheno did you like more? If you like the green more( I do) then let it cure a bit longer, give it time to dry fully. Trust me brings the flavs out more. Dry hits in a blunt are FRUITY!!! Enjoy.:harvest:

G

gudkarma

green one for sure... amber, dried, & properly cured easy grade A.

i got 75 cuts in the oven. sample for all my peeps. smoked those two buds above (pics) to the head already :-) lol.

i'm gonna let the ones in flower go 5 to 10% amber.

J

J3RM

How was the yield? I would have lollipopped those bad mamma jammas

Top Bottom