Indoor Moved To Outdoor

• Thread starter PurplePlants
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PurplePlants

PurplePlants

Hi all this is my first post. (hope i am not breaking any rules as i just need some help)

I am in my first grow which started on 7 April 2017 in South Africa.
I started growing by accident and fell in love with this plant. (Germinated 3x Cali-o and 3x White Widow)
Started them indoors and ran out of space really fast. Moving 1x Cali-o outside almost from the start (roughly 3 weeks of veg). Seeing she was the smallest i decided to move her outside. She is small but has turned into one of the most beautiful looking plants i have ever grown hehe. From the cold that has hit us lately, she has turned purple/blue and she is thriving. My problem comes in with the other 3. I say 3 because only 4 have survived in total. One was a male that was purple as well but i threw him away. One snapped during my noobish LSTing and i made the hard decision and threw her away as well.
The 3 (2x Cali-o 1x WW) are outside now and they started showing weird symptoms about 2 days outside even at night during the cold. I am not sure if the sun is 2 harsh for them or if the cold is killing them.
If anyone could please help me i would be so grateful.
I have attached an image of what the 3 plants are suffering from.
I did a flush yesterday with 0 ppm water and then re-added 0 ppm water with nutes. Using SEAGRO organic plant food. If it was the nutes that is killing my 3 plants shouldn't it have done the same to the purple cali-o that is outside?
Temps get around 0-4 degrees Celsius at night but during the day its full sunshine with a slight cold chill in the air. Day temps around 21 degrees Celsius.
Thanks in advance.

One picture is of the small purple cali-o.

Here is the one Cali-o i moved outside. Taken 29 June
Indoor moved to outdoor

Taken 30 June.
Indoor moved to outdoor 2

They were in flower for over a month indoors and have about 10 hours 30 minutes sunlight a day.

Here is my 99% pure outdoor Cali-o (i did warn you she is small)
Indoor moved to outdoor 3

Close up of the main cola
Indoor moved to outdoor 4

Pegleg

Pegleg

They are gorgeous. I'm no pro but imo they are just adjusting to the temperature changes. Did you harden them off before moving them completely outdoors?

PurplePlants

PurplePlants

They are gorgeous. I'm no pro but imo they are just adjusting to the temperature changes. Did you harden them off before moving them completely outdoors?
I did not harden any of them.
I forgot to mention that the 3 i moved outside for the 4days/nights... they are back indoors...
But for the purple one... Did not harden her but she was placed outside within the 1st month of indoor growing. She was not supposed to survive as i had no space indoors. She has become my most beautiful one though and i do take more care of her now that i know she can take the cold without a problem. (could be something i do in the future) She is a Cali-O same as the indoor ones. Smaller but she is very sticky... Smells coming from her are amazing and very strong citrus smell.
When she was indoors i took off the higher fan and sucker leaves... so that's why she has that shape...
The title still stands as she was indoors for about 30 days.
This is what she looks like today.
Full back:
4 july 17   full back

Full Front: (She is so small lol but i love her....)
4 july 17   full front

Top:
4 july 17   top

Another thing to add... She is 87 Days old today from when i planted her 7 April 2017

Pegleg

Pegleg

You can always move them outside in the morning and back in every night.
The more I look at your pictures the more I think its got to do with nutrients.
Iv been growing for a few years. I've learned to just go with it. Learn as you go. There are no books or web sites that will teach you better than actual exsperience. You will have failures. Just keep trying. Learn how to clone so you don't need to start from seed everytime.

Last edited:
PurplePlants

PurplePlants

You can always move them outside in the morning and back in every night.
That is very true.
I moved them back inside mimicking the light they had outside. (not brightness, but time length)
They are warmer @ 25C
The reason i moved them back inside is we are entering our winter or already have... this cold is one big blur blurred into weeks....
As a fellow farmer stated that i have a phosphorus deficiency from the cold... I can show you how they look today...
I have made their lives a lot harder than i should have due to many mistakes that hopefully in my next grow i do not replicate.
Your input on saying i can place them inside during night time is actually not a bad idea.
Right now i have them indoors again and 100% gnat/black things and spider free... (did not kill the spider, placed on outdoor)
White Widow then the 2 cali-o's:
20170704 170907
WW:
20170704 171318

Cali-o:
20170704 171328

Cali-o:
20170704 171342

Closeups of the pink:
20170704 170934

The pink are on all 3 plant...

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Suggestion, get some sunscreen from the garden store or anything that isnt black and wrap your pots in it . Those black pots with direct sun will fry your rootzone. I use white film to reflect the heat to keep rootzone cooler.

Pegleg

Pegleg

I've learned something every new grow. I live in oregon USA where it's legal to grow. I grow year round so there's much to learn.. my first outdoor grow was a disaster. I got bud rot from humidity. Lost 90% of colas. That was 12 plants ranging from 5 ft to 11 ft.That will never happen again. Growing weed is like life. Mistakes are made. Try not to repeat them..lol

PurplePlants

PurplePlants

I've learned something every new grow. I live in oregon USA where it's legal to grow. I grow year round so there's much to learn.. my first outdoor grow was a disaster. I got bud rot from humidity. Lost 90% of colas. That was 12 plants ranging from 5 ft to 11 ft.That will never happen again. Growing weed is like life. Mistakes are made. Try not to repeat them..lol
Ouch that must have been so heart sore... Humidity this side is not even a problem as outside it is about 30% max during our cold season.
Also, indoors it seems to be more dry than outside. I can't sleep shirtless as the cold burns my skin and can cause dry spots on the skin.
No idea what my RH is and never tested it before. The air inside the box is 100% exhausted as the box is small. Only thing i seem to have control over is the temps.

Pegleg

Pegleg

Yes..it hurt bad. I'm still scarred from it. Like I said never again.
It rains alot here and I can see the ocean from my garden. Humidity is never as low as yours. It's 86% right now.
I had built a greenhouse around the plants. Bottom line was I didn't know what I was doing. Hadn't ever seen bud rot before. It starts inside and works out. I was trying to control it and as I've learned, once you see it it's out of control. Perfect healthy plants before I got rot. Devastating

PurplePlants

PurplePlants

Alright we are about to get our first winter storm so i decided to put my outdoor inside my bathroom.
The temp will be extremely low tonight i assume. She has been in the rain before but not cold + rain. Better safe than sorry...

What should i do?

Put her back outside?
Let her have some rest inside?

4 july 17   night time

Pegleg

Pegleg

I got busy yesterday. I dont really know that you have any choices on what to do. If yu leave them outdoors they will freeze.
Fyi.. It's generally a good idea if your going to be growing plants indoors you keep them indoors all the time. Outside there are many bugs and diseases to pick up. Once you get one of those and move the plant back indoors you will expose your entire grow room to those elements. It's much harder to control indoors and even harder to get rid of.

PurplePlants

PurplePlants

I got busy yesterday. I dont really know that you have any choices on what to do. If yu leave them outdoors they will freeze.
Fyi.. It's generally a good idea if your going to be growing plants indoors you keep them indoors all the time. Outside there are many bugs and diseases to pick up. Once you get one of those and move the plant back indoors you will expose your entire grow room to those elements. It's much harder to control indoors and even harder to get rid of.
I have taken your advice and they are now outside during the day and in my very dark but not cold bathroom at night during the cold.

So they seem to be happier now...
The WW is sparkling from all the trichromes in the sun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom