Indoor/outdoor

• Thread starter mancorn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mancorn

mancorn

I've got a mother plant growing indoors. But my setup is far from optimal, so on nice days I move the plant outdoors, where it seems much happier (then if she is left inside all day). But on days where she goes out, she then really sufferings in the evening. The cycle goes like this. At lights on in the morning, she looks pretty good. (Not great, but good.)

Indooroutdoor

Then after spending the day outside, she comes in (around 4-5) and is looking real good.

Indooroutdoor 2

But starts heading south. Within 4 hours shes's drooping and starting to claw up.

Indooroutdoor 4

By lights out (16 - 18 hours) she's really suffering.

Indooroutdoor 5

By the next morning she's looking good again and if I move her out, goes through the same cycle. If I just leave her inside all day, she does OK (but never looks as good as a day in the sun). I'm not doing anything different between in and out i.e. No watering, fertilizing before or after the move, nor do the temps (65-75) or rh (~50) fluctuate much between the indoor space and outdoors and has decent airflow. I've got a junky little plurble light, which isn't very good for vegging, but does the trick during the 2 months I need to grow indoors before I clone her (and move everything outside for the summer).

She had to stay fully inside for the last 3-4 days (with cooler/raining temps) and looking OK.

Indooroutdoor 3

So my question is does anyone have any ideas on why the plant droops so bad after doing an outdoor/indoor move? I would think if it was just the light, then the plant would always look like shit if left inside all day. (I'm wondering if it could be a respiration issue where it takes in moisture outdoors, but then can't get rid of that much water indoors?)

Last edited:
Anthem

Anthem

First off, it is not a good idea to do this in flower. The change in spectrums can cause the plant to hermie. No buds so you look to be fine. In regards to the plant looking tired at the end of the 18 hour light period. This is perfectly normal with a smaller plant. I see if often in young plants, just looked at it this morning.

mancorn

mancorn

First off, it is not a good idea to do this in flower. The change in spectrums can cause the plant to hermie. No buds so you look to be fine. In regards to the plant looking tired at the end of the 18 hour light period. This is perfectly normal with a smaller plant. I see if often in young plants, just looked at it this morning.

Yeah I thought about that and reduced the light down to 16 hours (from 18) about a week ago, but I didn't notice any change. It just seems so dramatic. Not like she's just a little limp, but really clawed up.

Because my light isn't built for vegging, I really think she's better off getting some sun. (I notice the new growth is super lime green under the light, but take her out for 6 hours in the sun and everything becomes a nice dark green.)

I'm only doing this while I grow the mom for my outdoor clones. I'll just take the clones and trash the mother, so no flowering indoors.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom