Indoor plants have leaves that look sick

• Thread starter Nooby701
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nooby701

Nooby701

I got a couple of indoor plants going on, the problem is th leaves are looking sick, it’s like a lighter shade of green is taking over and then turning a bit grey and killing the leaf. Some back ground info, they are 2 and 1/2 weeks old, they are growing in all natural soil with a little bit of miracle grow from my previous grow (literally just threw in like 1-2 hand fulls). I did transfer them onto a 5 gallon pot when they were about a week old.They’re under 1000w Giixer lights, feed them regular water and have given them fertilizer only once. I’ll put some pictures below. Thanks

Indoor plants have leaves that look sick
Indoor plants have leaves that look sick 2
Indoor plants have leaves that look sick 3
Indoor plants have leaves that look sick 4
916Fisherman

916Fisherman

Light burn? Shouldn’t feed anything but water at this age imo.

916Fisherman

916Fisherman

LED light but if you just used dirt from your yard there’s no telling what is in it unfortunately.

916Fisherman

916Fisherman

Just a guess on my part honestly. How close to the plant is your light?

916Fisherman

916Fisherman

Raise it up to 31” or so and slowly lower it over time if you want. I also suggest putting it in some soil that you know what’s in it. Otherwise freshwater and maybe a ppm runoff test before feeding again.

Nooby701

Nooby701

Raise it up to 31” or so and slowly lower it over time if you want. I also suggest putting it in some soil that you know what’s in it. Otherwise freshwater and maybe a ppm runoff test before feeding again.
Ohh alright thank you!

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
This looks like leafminer damage. The first few pics are just variegation, i see that often in some plants when theyre young and its nothing to worry about. But these trails are from an insect chewing its way tunneling through the leaf.
Screenshot 20200923 134646 Samsung Internet

Nooby701

Nooby701

This looks like leafminer damage. The first few pics are just variegation, i see that often in some plants when theyre young and its nothing to worry about. But these trails are from an insect chewing its way tunneling through the leaf.View attachment 1034979
Oh shoot, I don’t like the sound of that... what should I do??

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Oh shoot, I don’t like the sound of that... what should I do??

Im honestly not sure what to suggest. I havent ever had them indoors. But i do know they have outstanding pesticide resistance so its pointless using a pesticide. Commercial operations use nematodes and predatory wasps to control them.

My best advice is to never bring natural soil from outside, indoors.
You could remove and burn any leaf that looks like it has active tunneling going on, and spray them with something like pyrethrin and hope for the best.

Nooby701

Nooby701

Im honestly not sure what to suggest. I havent ever had them indoors. But i do know they have outstanding pesticide resistance so its pointless using a pesticide. Commercial operations use nematodes and predatory wasps to control them.

My best advice is to never bring natural soil from outside, indoors.
You could remove and burn any leaf that looks like it has active tunneling going on, and spray them with something like pyrethrin and hope for the best.
Oh ok, I actually have neem oil with some added pesticides, should I even bother?

Vaqueros Verde

Vaqueros Verde

As little as they are I would dig em up and put them in some sort of bagged soil. You would be better off growing in miracle grow than plain outside dirt and 99.999% of the time I would never recommend MG.

Nooby701

Nooby701

As little as they are I would dig em up and put them in some sort of bagged soil. You would be better off growing in miracle grow than plain outside dirt and 99.999% of the time I would never recommend MG.
Shoot ok haha I’ll take it into consideration thanks I appreciate it!

Cracken

Cracken

if you have to use outside dirt Always, bake it in an oven for 30 minutes at 400F so to kill any bugs in it. that was something learned from my grandmother when i was a kid.

Latest posts

Top Bottom