Indoor seed growing questions.

• Thread starter nemgrower202
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
nemgrower202

nemgrower202

Hi
Does anyone here have experience growing seeds indoors? I have a few questions.
like how many plants per square foot and how many seeds you obtain per plant, etc.

BigCube

BigCube

Hi
Does anyone here have experience growing seeds indoors? I have a few questions.
like how many plants per square foot and how many seeds you obtain per plant, etc.

It really depends on the strain and how good of a job you do pollinating.

Normally if everything goes right, you can get thousands of seeds from a single plant.

If things don't go right, it could be less than 100.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

It really depends on the strain and how good of a job you do pollinating.

Normally if everything goes right, you can get thousands of seeds from a single plant.

If things don't go right, it could be less than 100.

Or (this depends on what you're goal is)

If all you are looking for are seeds for future use, you could pull your male to another location. Collect pollen on a flat surface like poster board by placing it on the floor close to the plant. Then you can use a paint brush to paint a few buds with it to produce your seeds ... leaving the rest of your female flowers un-unpollinated

nemgrower202

nemgrower202

My main goal is to make CBG seeds and only seeds.
You say thousands per plant? Every grower told me that they cam get around 1000 seeds per plant only

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Growing for seeds is pretty much the same for gr.owing for buds. The only real difference is the fertilization. If left to my doings, I would grow a plant in vegg as large as possible foryour circumstances. Once the buds have started to grow a little, I would pollinate them, with a repeat every 5-6 days for 2 weeks. This should allow for newer buds to become fertilized as well as the existing buds... plants slow down growing new buds once they are fertilized. Letting them flower for a little before pollinating them can increase seed yield. Once fertilized, grow them like normal and let them finish fully to avoid immature seeds. Deeds also seem stronger if allowed to finish fully as well. I can't comment on amount of seeds you will get, but it should be plenty. Just be sure to make sure the male pollen gets everywhere to maximize your yield.

nemgrower202

nemgrower202

So basically around 12 plants per light and then pollinate 2 weeks after they flower.
but im still unsure how many seeds each plant produces

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Your yield is going to depend on the strain, the overall plant's health, and mostly on your abilities to raise large and healthy plants. If your plant is 18 inches tall and has one large bud, you won't get near the yield of the same strain that is topped/pinched and allowed to grow as big and with as many bud sites as possible. In general, the bigger the plant, the more seeds. In the Colombian days, up to 1/4 of an Oz's weight was seeds when dry. To get the most seeds, you need a lot of larger buds. You can always collect pollen and use it when your females are ready, rather than to try to get the males and females together after a few weeks of flowering.

nemgrower202

nemgrower202

well i would grow some males then harvest the pollen and then freeze it and use it on the females two weeks into budding

Top Bottom