Indoor to outdoor , and cooold weather expected 2nd week of October.

• Thread starter Abracadabra82
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

Abracadabra82

Had several pineapple haze girls indoors and had a sweltering summer that scared me enough to move them outdoors, I had just switched the light cycle to 12/12 so I did my best to move them at the right time of day/night. Everything is moving along correctly but I'm worried they won't be a hundo when this cold weather rolls in. I can't move them because I decided to plant them in my back yard lol. So, is the best option to cut them down and take it on the chin ?? I certainly don't wanna try an dig them up when they're in this delicate state - they're week 9 of 10- 12 but the buds aren't filling out yet. HELP thanks in advance for any and all advice. Sincerely, Novice

A

Abracadabra82

IMO as long as you don’t get a frost, they’ll keep on growing.

What are you afraid is going to happen to them?
Frost lol, I guess I'm concerned about how far along they are and the temps just totally shocking them- I've covered tomato plants etc in the spring when expecting frost - I guess I just like pineapple more than tomatoes and I'm being overly concerned lol. Thanks for all advice, once again.

G

GrowSeeRum

I did the same thing… started indoors and moved out doors. I’ve been advised several times that 40deg f is the cutoff. If it’s going to be 40 degrees or colder then either insulate/cover or relocate to a shed or some sort of shelter. Be mindful not to disturb it’s light cycle though…

I’m in the NE United States. And I feared the same thing about shocking the plants as 2 weeks ago it was still in the 60’s overnight. Last night it the low was about 45 here.

IMG 0155
IMG 0152
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I did the same thing… started indoors and moved out doors. I’ve been advised several times that 40deg f is the cutoff. If it’s going to be 40 degrees or colder then either insulate/cover or relocate to a shed or some sort of shelter. Be mindful not to disturb it’s light cycle though…

I’m in the NE United States. And I feared the same thing about shocking the plants as 2 weeks ago it was still in the 60’s overnight. Last night it the low was about 45 here.
a few days of 13 or less will basically slow or even put the plant pause from production.. a few can recover if only a few days.. usually near the end of life the plants immune system is weaken plus adding in the cold weather subjects them more easily to mold/pest etc., keep a close eye on them

Top Bottom