Indoor To Outdoor

• Thread starter Colin21
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Colin21

Colin21

Just a basic question here. I'm planning on getting clones and I have a garden outdoors but I wanted to veg them indoor for a month and transfer them to the outside area around mid June. What are some of the lighting implications to that and what steps should I take to approch that? I don't wanna put them on a cycle thn put them outside to have the plants herm or go under alot of stress.

GrowzNCali

GrowzNCali

Hmmm, interesting question. Can't say I'm experienced in that situation. Maybe mimic the daylight schedule you see outside. Although since you're vegging not sure if it matters as much. You may run into more trouble if you were transferring during flower. Let's see what others say though. I'm interested to know more.

As far as lighting, get yourself a Metal Halide (MH) or LED (recommend COB) with wattage appropriate for your indoor grow canopy size.

Given any thought to going full indoor?

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Cloned in may 2017
87BCE6AD F399 40DA A613 85ADDA434806
flipped the same last Sunday 2018
A9E686A6 742D 4F42 A65A 3FC1C30CE0C5
same plants from may 2017
ABCBFB51 DB7B 4F3C 9C37 F2B39E9329BE

71DC7002 D2F3 423A AE4B 6C77058EB592
GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Just a basic question here. I'm planning on getting clones and I have a garden outdoors but I wanted to veg them indoor for a month and transfer them to the outside area around mid June. What are some of the lighting implications to that and what steps should I take to approch that? I don't wanna put them on a cycle thn put them outside to have the plants herm or go under alot of stress.
Put them on 18/6 dont put out till you have at least 15 sun... Start by putting them in the sun for only an hour at a time then work up to outside

Dunge

Dunge

"hardening off" is vital when going outside.
I shade my plants (hang a shade/bug screen) for 2-3 days before exposing to full sun.
Failing to do so has stung me bad in the past.
Light bleached fans set a grow back by weeks just when you want them to thrive.

GrowzNCali

GrowzNCali

"hardening off" is vital when going outside.
I shade my plants (hang a shade/bug screen) for 2-3 days before exposing to full sun.
Failing to do so has stung me bad in the past.
Light bleached fans set a grow back by weeks just when you want them to thrive.

Nice tip on the "shade/bug screen" bro.

Rcubed

Rcubed

If you're in an area where it's not cold you can put them out right away and bring them inside during the night and put them under the lights for extra veg time. I'm in So Cal and we only get 14 hours 25 min of daylight on the longest day of the year. Our winters are mild by the coast, so I put them out during the day even in the winter and bring them in for an extra 8 hours at night. I'm currently doing an experiment where I stopped bringing in some reveged mothers and let them bud in about 10 and 1/2 hours of daylight. Once you set those clones out in only the natural sunlight after 18/6 they'll most likely start to bud so gauge how big you want them before you put them out permanently.

Top Bottom