Indoor veg room advice

• Thread starter DrtyHarry
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DrtyHarry

DrtyHarry

Hi!

I got a 2X3' closet I want to use to veg two good sized plants than move to the flower tent.

Closet is tight, will go with LED once I can afford to. For now, looking at a CFL setup.

Question is on the bulb, I'll be vegging so 6400k+. Got it. But as for the bulb size..... 5U,6U,8U??

It will serve for two plants, and heat will be a factor. I take it 8U will get hotter than 5U. What size is right for 2 plants in a 2X3 veg room? (2 mainlined plants) Thx fellas.

DH

Munch517

Munch517

I don't know much about cfl lights specifically but with fluorescents in general it's my understanding that the smaller diameter bulbs are more efficient and run cooler, it's hard to say what's best without comparing the wattages of the different lights. Fluorescents in general are horribly inefficient, if I were vegging with them I would prefer a 6 bulb T5 or equivalent, that would be about 40-50w per sq ft or about 240w-300w in your grow space, and keep in mind that a cfl can't cover the canopy the way T5's would. Most likely any single bulb CFL setup is going to be somewhat lacking so you might want to get the biggest one and figure how to deal with any heat issues.

All that being said, it doesn't seem to take much to keep plants alive and growing (albeit slowly) in veg, if you know you're going to upgrade ASAP I would just do the cheapest solution to get you by so you can focus on that LED upgrade sooner rather than later. Something like a single Mars SP150/TSW 1000 or HLG 100 (all are around $150) should be able to more than adequately veg a 2x3 area.

MarsHydroLED

MarsHydroLED

Premium Member
Supporter
Thank you, Munch, list our lights.
Hi DrtyHarry, I'd like to recommend you thefor your 2x3 veg room. The actual power is 150w, coverage is 2'x3' at veg stage, and 1.5'x3' at flower. Also, don't worry the heat, the thick heat sink design is so cool, help you reduce cooling system cost.
You can check more details on our website:

Latest posts

Top Bottom