Indoor Vegies Or Herbs Next To The Good Stuff?

• Thread starter 3 balls
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
3 balls

3 balls

Sorry if this topic is out there somewhere I couldn't find it.
Ironical- I've been growing several years but would starve to death if I had to grow my own food.
Curious if any thing I could grow off to the side with little effort? By little effort I mean roughly the same life cycle, same nutes and most importantly, causing no issues with the good stuff!
Thanks for looking at my post!!

Bigjizzy

Bigjizzy

Sorry if this topic is out there somewhere I couldn't find it.
Ironical- I've been growing several years but would starve to death if I had to grow my own food.
Curious if any thing I could grow off to the side with little effort? By little effort I mean roughly the same life cycle, same nutes and most importantly, causing no issues with the good stuff!
Thanks for looking at my post!!
I'm a total newbie but have looked into this a little and the companion plants I've seen recommended a lot are garlic, sage, cilantro and peppers.

3 balls

3 balls

I'm a total newbie but have looked into this a little and the companion plants I've seen recommended a lot are garlic, sage, cilantro and peppers.

Thanks, I will check into those.
Anybody have any experience with this kind of thing??? Last thing I want is to bring in some kind of cross species diseases or molds, plant herpes etc.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Dude you can’t get a tomato to impregnate cannabis. :)
I want to try some tomatos in my tent too, just for the fun of it. The only reason i havent yet is probably because of pests.
But i don’t think if your grow room is clean enough there will be any problems with mold or pests or anything like that.

Last edited:
3 balls

3 balls

Dude you can’t get a tomato to impregnate cannabis. :)
I want to try some tomatos in my tent too, just for the fun of it. The only reason i havent yet is probably because of pests.
But i don’t think if your grow room is clean enough there will be any problems with mold or pests or anything like that.

;) I will cross BLT Kush off the list.
Just as different strains are more or less vulnerable to pests, PM etc. I don't want to cause any drama for my ladies.
I know somebody on here has to have done this and failed miserably or, I'm really hoping is having a delicious bowl of salad with tomatoes, cucumbers and ranch dressing with fresh herbs at harvest time. A bowl and a bowl- get it.:D

3 balls

3 balls

Pollination too.
We go to great lengths to avoid it but I think it is necessary for some of this stuff. I cant really add bees to my room.
Gotta be some old heads on here that mastered this a long time ago... Hook some young jedi's up please.

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

I've read about some growers try vertical hydro techniques to grow leafy greens and herbs. You grow in soil or hydro?

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Peppers are the way to go. They produce better when given the same 12 hours of dark as Cannabis and they pretty easily self pollinate. Herbs are good in veg, but typically you want to keep them from flowering as it will effect the flavor. The change in light cycle will not necessarily cause the herbs to flower, but it is something to think about. Those are the easy ones to do, however, you could grow microgreens in very little time and taking up very little space; and their lifecycle is so brief it doesn’t matter what light cycle you are in.

MissBotany

MissBotany

Are they sharing the same soil or will your other plants be in different containers?

MissBotany

MissBotany

Strawberries perform amazing in coco. I’d go with a cultivar of everbearing strawberry. They are pretty flexible with lighting as long as they get at least 8 hours of dark per day.

Top Bottom