induction grow lights

• Thread starter anna
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

anna

I'm writing this to let people know about our grow light experiences over the last year where you can avoid the expensive mistake we made with some LED lights that we had tried. But on the bright side we found something that was even better!

We've been growing indoor for about 10 years and have used HID, florescent and LED while spending a boat load of money to buy, operate and maintain. About 3 months ago we met some guys in san diego that were using a high frequency generator for an induction lamp that we saw the results they were getting and agreed to try it. They had alot of engineering they went over with my BF and had done several grows that they had showed us pictures of before we invested in two of their lights.

I can only say that now that our grow is complete I can honestly say that up until now nothing we have ever used has done as well as these lamps. They produced virtually no heat, let one fixture do what used to take a combination of higher wattage and less efficient (we replaced our old HID lamps every 2-3k hrs) metal halide and HPS and flowered beautifully.

While the fixtures were a bit more expensive then HID they were 1/2 the price of the LED fixtures we tried and those LED fixtures were a complete waste! We had LED lamps burning out within the first month and the mfg told us we had installed them wrong! What BS! Maybe it was just this particular LED mfg but it really pissed us off.

Has anyone else tried induction yet? I took pictures if anyone wants to see them

420king-MASSES

post em we are always looking for ways to improve

L

Lost

Anna, post it up! Im always looking for bigger and better. Now induction, is that the one that uses a microwaves to excite the lamp material?

L

Lost

I'm writing this to let people know about our grow light experiences over the last year where you can avoid the expensive mistake we made with some LED lights that we had tried. But on the bright side we found something that was even better!

We've been growing indoor for about 10 years and have used HID, florescent and LED while spending a boat load of money to buy, operate and maintain. About 3 months ago we met some guys in san diego that were using a high frequency generator for an induction lamp that we saw the results they were getting and agreed to try it. They had alot of engineering they went over with my BF and had done several grows that they had showed us pictures of before we invested in two of their lights.

I can only say that now that our grow is complete I can honestly say that up until now nothing we have ever used has done as well as these lamps. They produced virtually no heat, let one fixture do what used to take a combination of higher wattage and less efficient (we replaced our old HID lamps every 2-3k hrs) metal halide and HPS and flowered beautifully.

While the fixtures were a bit more expensive then HID they were 1/2 the price of the LED fixtures we tried and those LED fixtures were a complete waste! We had LED lamps burning out within the first month and the mfg told us we had installed them wrong! What BS! Maybe it was just this particular LED mfg but it really pissed us off.

Has anyone else tried induction yet? I took pictures if anyone wants to see them

LEDS are snake oil and expensive snake oil at that. Great for veg tho..

P

poison pinto

Has anyone else tried induction yet? I took pictures if anyone wants to see them.

I would like to see them!

M

myblacktypes

very interested, could you give us some more specs on what brand/watt lights you are using with the pictures...? im having a hard time finding alot of info on induction lights

I

InductionGreen

I know all about Induction Lighting technology, I am not a grower, but I am very educated on Induction lighting, and can get my hands on it to sell! IM me with any questions.

Dr.X

Dr.X

what I could understand with a quick read of wikipedia, there are two kinds. One being the plasma light that we all know, and the magnetic induction lamps (more like a fluorescent light)
The magnetic induction lamp are very efficient producing visible light, the problem of some of them is that they can interfere with radio communications. Also they are filled with mercury.

In any case, I would like to see a complete grow. Lets see how Dees finish his grow, that by the way, is looking damn good!:D

Dr.X

Dr.X

Ok, back again (yes, I have lots of free time) As I continued reading, apparently the only difference that these lights has, in respect to a fluorescent light, is how efficient they are emitting VISIBLE light (70-90lm/w).. BUT they still waste energy in parts of the spectrum that is not needed by the plants o_O
Against HPS and MH they may be better as they convert only between 2 - 5% of the energy into heat, plus they have longer life span and less lumens degradation.

Please correct me of I'm wrong about this ;)

Top Bottom