Induction Lighting

• Thread starter 321abc
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

321abc

Is anyone or has anyone had any experience with this lighting option? Obviously not a flowering solution in this hobby however are they a viable option for vegetative growth?

321abc

Forgot to add, if you dont know what induction lighting is, look up Inda Grow.

M

mrbong73

looks like someone is trying to get their post count up...

321abc

50 posts to pm, gotta start somewhere and might as well get some information while Im at it. Have you run induction lighting?

squarepusher

squarepusher

yeah, I have heard of it and tested it myself. Wasn't too impressed with what I saw, its like LED's, people show you a bunch of charts and graphs on how its the best lighting, but there are no real life impressive grows with them. Power to be if they work for you, please post journals

321abc

yeah, I have heard of it and tested it myself. Wasn't too impressed with what I saw, its like LED's, people show you a bunch of charts and graphs on how its the best lighting, but there are no real life impressive grows with them. Power to be if they work for you, please post journals
SP, would you consider them as a better vegetative lighting solution to CFL's for those who use them? I know what you mean with the charts, nm's, PAR Umol, LUX, Lumens, there should be an international rating system like energy efficient appliances lol.

squarepusher

squarepusher

SP, would you consider them as a better vegetative lighting solution to CFL's for those who use them? I know what you mean with the charts, nm's, PAR Umol, LUX, Lumens, there should be an international rating system like energy efficient appliances lol.

i haven't seen any side by side to suggest thy would outperform anything already available

1satyr

So abc.......how does it compete against Whazzups Solidstate plasma...... ?

If it does have variable output, then I could see some real use for it. Still 1000 Euro is some kind of money, just for some economical vegge light. Still it seems to do an awsome job, and the footprint seems very good, since it has to have so much distance to the tops.

I am tempted,very unhealthy tempted. How ever I would have to pay 700 $ for decent LED with 180 watt output.....Tneon is still tempting and cheap.

321abc

So abc.......how does it compete against Whazzups Solidstate plasma...... ?

If it does have variable output, then I could see some real use for it. Still 1000 Euro is some kind of money, just for some economical vegge light. Still it seems to do an awsome job, and the footprint seems very good, since it has to have so much distance to the tops.

I am tempted,very unhealthy tempted. How ever I would have to pay 700 $ for decent LED with 180 watt output.....Tneon is still tempting and cheap.
Hey Satyr, fancy bumping into you here lol. I have no idea how it compares to Luxims plasma be it Gavitas 300 LEP or Stray lights unit using the same light emitter.

There is a journal running here with good results for a first attempt. Check it out.

http://www.invalid.com/grow-journals/401594-blue-dream-800w-induction-lights.html

Was curious if the farmers here had any input or fine examples to share.

I

InduLightGuru

Is anyone or has anyone had any experience with this lighting option? Obviously not a flowering solution in this hobby however are they a viable option for vegetative growth?

Hey there,

I actually have some further information on the Induction lamps - American and Chinese manufactured ones ... I also have a grow journal, of tomato cultivation though, which compares 50W induction to a 250W HPS -

I have difficulties to upload them here , it always gives me a error message -.-
So if you like I can send you some specifications and the mentioned comparison in an email - just send me a message.

Induction grow lights are to be the future lights people will grow with, regards to energy consumption and saving bills on electricity ... regarding yields, they actually can compete with the HPS bulbs without the sideeffect of heating up or worst case scenario that a filiament is damaged...

Drop me a message, would be glad to provide you with further information
:rollj:

I

InduLightGuru

Hey Satyr, fancy bumping into you here lol. I have no idea how it compares to Luxims plasma be it Gavitas 300 LEP or Stray lights unit using the same light emitter.

There is a journal running here with good results for a first attempt. Check it out.

http://www.invalid.com/grow-journals/401594-blue-dream-800w-induction-lights.html

Was curious if the farmers here had any input or fine examples to share.

150 watt 610x160x320mm = $190
200 watt 610x160x320mm = $220
300 watt 730x160x320mm = $355
400 watt 1100x 160x32mm= $ 460

Prices refer to sample orders -they offer a discount to growers that promise to provide a grow journal ;)
Hope that helps - the rollit up link is pretty nice - that guy purchased the lamp from Genesis Lighting ( previous Mland) and it seems to work out nice ...

henry

henry

i've not come across induction lighting before. are you guys saying a 50w induction light would somehow be comparable to a 250w mh light??

Dees Nuts

Dees Nuts

i've not come across induction lighting before. are you guys saying a 50w induction light would somehow be comparable to a 250w mh light??
these are my 2 40watt induction lamps starter-clone box. I think 50 watt induction lamp is about a 70watt MH. could be wrong just guessing.
DSCN0922

Top Bottom