Induction Super Grow Light 300W = 1000W HID?

• Thread starter squarepusher
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
squarepusher

squarepusher

hi, im kind of copying this question from another forum, but I just wanted to run this by more people in the community, to get opinions and feedback about this.
Hi, I am seriously interested in these lights but can't find /get any feedback from anyone w/ experience using them. They are said to produce lumens equal to a 1000w HPS/MH, or 450w LED, w/ only 300w. They produce 96% usuable light compared to HID (16%) w/ running temps only slightly higher than LED's. You can hold your hand on it and not get burned. They say it saves 80% energy and the bulb lasts 100,000 hrs w/ little degredation of lumens. The color spectrum is wide good for veg and flowering. Light wave 680-700nm. This sounds like it could produce some incredible mega grow numbers in the end for gram/watt usage. Please share if you have had any experience. I am setting up my first grow-vertical(U-shape) and expect some great things from these lights. I may have to be the guinea pig to find the answers 4 myself. The lights are pricey $$$($675) but could pay for themselves quickly. Please... help O B 1...

these are only made in China now, with very few distributors known, some of the 300W models can be found on ebay, but essentialy they run at like 2 Mhz, and have a very high amount of light absorbed by the plant, where HID isn't effective here % wise. Also, they run for 100,000 hours with very little lamp decay.

At present, we develop a new type of grow light: Super grow light, it is our latest product, it is have two good points .
1.Concentrated spectrum which light band was mainly absorbed by plant.
2.To Lower working temperature while working, The most power was changed into emitting light, and improve lifespan of lights.
3.almost no Lumen Depreciation. it will promote the plant grow period.

heres a site that carries them
http://www.enviro-techlighting.com/par_max_efdl.html
I've emailed but haven't heard back in 6 days.

Here's what the light looks like

some more info, these are essentially induction lights

New Induction Grow light

Here are the pros of this new light:

1. Low heat. No venting required. Will not burn plants.

2. No fans built-in or required.

3. Light spectrum designed specifically for plant growth.

4. Extremely long life. Only 35% lumen loss after 100,000 hours. Twice that of LEDs.

5. Five year guarantee. Repairs after that time are not to exceed 50% of the price paid.

6. No supplemental light required. Designed for both vegetative and flowering dues to strong output at blue and red; yet all of the lesser frequencies are covered.

Induction lighting actually goes back 100 years to the time of Tesla and has been used for high output commercial lighting for decades. It is somewhat similar to fluorescent in that the bulb contains a sealed tube with rare gases and specifically chosen phosphor coatings.

As there are no electrodes to heat up and cool off like a standard fluorescent, there is very little material decay. The gasses are stimulated by a strong magneticinduction field; thus no wires or contacts to the bulb itself.

Initial testing indicates that a 200 watt induction light will meet or exceed the growth shown by a 300 watt triband LED grow light.

The costs are lower than that of comparable high-power LEDs, but more than HID.

These units are solidly designed with no flimsy or short-cut components.

There are 200, 300 and 400 watt models coming, with only the 200 and 300 watt models currently available.

Pictures and spectral graph coming in the next post.

heres an ebay auctions for the 300w version

Feature:
1 Provide different wavelength of light which can be fully absorbed by the plants.
2 Can be placed above the plant directly, promote the plant growth, budding, flowering, promote plants photosynthesis.
3 Supply energy or supplemental lighting for the plants (Suggest: lighting time no more than 14hrs per day)
4 Minimal maintenance cost and pure, saturated colors
5 Save 80% power consumption comparing with traditional high pressure sodium and metal halogen lights, save money for the end users
6 The light decay is very little (1% after 1000hrs working hours)
7 Unique patented heat sinking design
8 UL CE and RoHS
9 Working temperature rising ≦85℃ and without Cool-Fans and Highness-Press-Ballast.it will save more energy and money for customers.
10 Applications:
Suitable for the greenhouse, home gardens, farm and other places which need sufficient lights for the plants.
Can be used with fluorescent lights and sodium lamp, suitable for the vegetable shed and botanic Garden. This item also can make the flower in blossom longer, so it can be used for the flower exhibition.

Specification:
1 Though the Electronic frequency as light source, and without filament, so the life-span is more improved longer than other types of light(LED light and HPS light).
2 Luminous flux(1m): 15600~16800Lm
3 Color: Red, Blue, Red and Blue
4 Power: 300W
5 Voltage: AC120/AC230
6 Net Weight: 9.2kg/150W; 9.8Kg/200W
7 Size: 185x380x590(mm)
8 Plug: UL, BS, GS etc
9 Life time: 100,000hrs

anyways, i've sent out a few emails to distributors trying to find more pricing and information, but it seems these are only 3-4 months old now, and there are no known grow reports from using these lights, except this one from a few years back which was done by a Dutch grower

love to hear input/opinions!

D

DazedNconfussed

I would love to know more about these bulbs also....I wonder what they could do with a 1000 watt bulb....

squarepusher

squarepusher

I'm in contact with a distributor now, they claim their 400W model produces equivalent plant output to a 1400W HID. Of course, we need to test these claims and document actual results other than just sales data. I may be getting a few units (expensive!!) to try something out depending on cost.

D

dsfire

hi all, im very interested in these lights, can anyone shed some details of where we can get these things? im sending emails to a few guys in china, ill post any news i get..

I'm always skeptical of marketing claims of lamps from China, learned from experience.

"They produce 96% usuable light compared to HID (16%)" . . . 'sounds really precise and impressive . . . but "HID" encompasses Metal Halide (clear & coated), High Pressure Sodium, and Mercury Vapor which all have varying degrees of "usable light", so I'm skeptical of the knowledge and/or intent of anyone making such a claim.

and a number of other ambiguous and general statements.

"5. Five year guarantee. Repairs after that time are not to exceed 50% of the price paid." I hope the guarantee isn't provided by the same people who "I've emailed but haven't heard back in 6 days."

I'd run a test grow with the one you already have ($675) before buying a case of them.

Please post your results, we're all curious!

Peace.

L

Lost

"energy efficient 80-90Lm/w"

If thats 80-90 Lumens per watt these don't seem so great.. 32000 to 36000 lumens per fixture? It would need to put out 140,000 to better a 1k hps...

L

Lost

More food for thought

"Specification:
1 Though the Electronic frequency as light source, and without filament, so the life-span is more improved longer than other types of light(LED light and HPS light).
2 Luminous flux(1m): 15600~16800Lm
3 Color: Red, Blue, Red and Blue
4 Power: 300W
5 Voltage: AC120/AC230
6 Net Weight: 9.2kg/150W; 9.8Kg/200W
7 Size: 185x380x590(mm)
8 Plug: UL, BS, GS etc
9 Life time: 100,000hrs "

16800 lumens / 300 watts = 56 lumens per watt :( even worse

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
"Initial testing indicates that a 200 watt induction light will meet or exceed the growth shown by a 300 watt triband LED grow light"

Anybody seen any badass LED flower rooms? that is what they are comparing it to, not sure how they get to it being equal to a 1400w HID, maybe the same guys at UFO that think a 90w UFO is equal to a 400w HPS in flower..if your gainin a 100w per 300 it would take a 900+watt setup to hit the 1400w wouldn't it?

Using LEDs as your benchmark is scary..

Lets see one, Youtube doesnt have one kickin yet?Hmmmm if its not on there, it doesn't exist..lol

Tex

J

jijie86

Hi, everybody. This is Jay from China as the leading manufacturer of induction lamp. I just speak English. Please understand.

I checked out your messages above, and i want to point out something as following:

Firstly, the luminous efficiency of induction lamp should be within 70~75 Lm/W.

Instead of pointing out the complicated parameters, i would like to state its excellent features firstly.

1. Energy saving: 50% off comparing with HID-HPS, HPM, HM, etc.

2. Super long life span: Theoretical service life - 100,000 hours. The average life is not less than 60,000 hours.

Combining 2 points above, the maintenance cost could be saved. Coz 100,000 hours HID must be replaced regularly.

3. Higg visual luminous efficiency. RA is over 80. It meas, it is most close to nature light. HPS is less than 40.

4. Low light attenuation. Less than 16% after 20,000 hours.

If anybody interested in more about it. Please email me. I will send more details and informations to you.

My email: [email protected]

L

Lost

jijie86..

I would be more than happy to do a test for you on these forums if you will provide the hardware. I can ship it back to you after the test if you like. I can also have the crop tested for THC content. I would need 4 units to do a real test to produce many pounds if your claims are true. Look in this forum and you can see that I am a legit grower with the ability to do a real test for you. if it works out, you will be rich..

Lost :)

L

Lost

I sent you a pm with info on how to get in contact with me if you are for real :)

Dalonewolf

Dalonewolf

Let there be a really strong word of caution here.

Anytime someone posts claims and has no proof, other than their word to back it up it is a sign of problems.

Producing light that offers this efficiency must involve a scientific development in process or technology. Though I do not claim this is a scam it would have been noted in some type of study or scientific journal as used or reviewed the technology.

In a age of youtube and the internet providing a video of your products achievements is really really a NO BRAINER!, even posting one that shows or explains the product should be common. they do not even site studies or do this.

People make many claims in the Hydro industry and it is fairly easy to see red flags.People are also too willing to believe anything they are told especially when it is what they want to hear.Sorry but this sounds like bullshit.

squarepusher

squarepusher

right, the only evidence I have seen actually is from a Dutch grower dated 2006 I believe

Its a different language, but he posts pictures of the process. I have no idea of the type of light he uses or spec, but I believe its induction. There is also another grower doing a trial somewhere on a different forum , so far the results were mixed (he was using 300W) and was partway into vegging.

I will be doing a product test soon myself and will post pictures. If its successful I may get a few reputable forum members to also do a product test and document for credibility.

drknockbootz

drknockbootz

Hey Texas Kid, on icmag there is a chick who's got a pretty bad ass led grow going with some phat cola's and I think she is yielding 3lb per 750 watts of led. But other than that I dont see too many bangin led grows.

M

mrdizzle

I had a guy at a local growshop plug in one of those 300w panels, and it kicked my head back it was so bright. doesnt prove anything but i saw spots for 45mins

Top Bottom