Industrial Dehumidifier

• Thread starter konakings
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

TF, what did you end up getting and how do you like it?

I got the Santa Fe Max Dry. It really kicks ass. It will generate a nice steady stream of water at times!

Check latest my thread for the pics.

-TF

ttystikk

ttystikk

I have a fridgidaire 70 pint dehuey and it's been up to the task in my 10kW, 9x16 room.

ttystikk

ttystikk

I'm gonna sk you guys a question here about dehueys, though... I got a killer deal on a chillking 2 ton chiller last year, and I'm cooling everything with it- rooms, 3 different RDWC systems, even a cooling coil under my aerocloner!

When the humidity is high in the room, my waterlines- and especially my Ice Boxes that I use to cool room air with- all sweat. I know this helps out my dehuey, but I wonder; if I ran a cooling circuit specifically for humidity management, what should it look like? Am I better off just buying one of those hydro innovations air handlers to do it?

My 2 ton chillking pulls just 8.5 amps at 220v, and it runs less than half the time to keep the water in the cooling system cold. I have a 55 gallon drum reservoir, it's about 2/3 full. If I can utilize this to reduce my humidity, then I am confident it would be more efficient than a dehuey running and generating heat that the chiller then has to suck back out of the air.

Papa

Papa

Supporter
I got the Santa Fe Max Dry. It really kicks ass. It will generate a nice steady stream of water at times!

Check latest my thread for the pics.

-TF

thank tf. it must of been a bear to wrestle into place. i was wondering where you'd put it into your room.

i'm looking at the ultra-aire version of that model. it has both the intake and exhaust on the same side.

does the exhaust come outta both sides of your unit? so you had to duct from three places on the box. i think i saw a pic of one that suggested the exhaust was on only one side.

evu80

evu80

if my room is 2200 cubic feet with 9k of lights, what is the minimal size dehuey I must have for my room. I tried having two 30pint hydrofarm dehuey on continuous run yet it barely made a difference. Maybe 8% at the most

Papa

Papa

Supporter
evu80, a lot depends on the style that you grow . . . how full the room is with plants and how much water you're moving around. TrichromeFan and I are likely on one end of the range. we need about 150 pints of water removal for every 700 cu. ft. of room.

evu80

evu80

hi Papa,

So in your case, you would need the ideal 180 pint dehuey ( the largest model they make ) for that space right? And if I decide to run a sealed environment, I should put more emphasis on the proper size unit than I would in a fresh air exchange room? Its just that I'm restricted by my service panel and the bigger the dehuey I need the more amperage its going to need and I have to find a way to make it work by cutting out other stuff.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

thank tf. it must of been a bear to wrestle into place. i was wondering where you'd put it into your room.

i'm looking at the ultra-aire version of that model. it has both the intake and exhaust on the same side.

does the exhaust come outta both sides of your unit? so you had to duct from three places on the box. i think i saw a pic of one that suggested the exhaust was on only one side.

I planned out the installation for at least a week. I had to section out a piece of rafter and reinforce it. I still had to notch the rafter above too. I have bolts that run through the rafter supporting it. It took 3 people to get it up in the air, and it was not easy at that. I am very happy with the unit. The amperage is very minimal for as much as it removes moisture. It handles my room with total ease. The unit has one 12" inlet that I used a Y on to go to two 8" ducts. The two outlets are on the sides.

-TF

Papa

Papa

Supporter
TF, thank you.

evu80, yes that's right. if i were to get an ideal dehuey, it would need to be the 180 pint.

at the end of flower, i want to have the dehuey capacity to lower the nighttime humidity to 10 or 20%. with a room full of transpiring plants and running water, that requires some muscle.

ability of the unit to actually achieve the stated capacity, noise, cost, heat generation, and amperage are all considerations when selecting the unit that's best for a particular room. the 155 pt. dehuey that TF has installed draws only 8 amps. it's more efficient than most . . . . it's also more expensive than most. the ideal 180 pint draws 12 amps and is a lot less expensive.

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

I have a ideal 100 pint in a 20x20 with 12k.

I dont think its gonna turn off .

:(

evu80

evu80

Treebark warned us of the Ideal models. That was the first model that came into my mind until I realize its a POS based on others' experience with it. But yeah Mississippi Hip, is it work for you tho despite its running non stop?

Papa,

what's the idea of lowering RH that low towards the end? I thought 50% was the optimal RH when bud sites start to become dense

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

I definitely think that your climate also is a big factor in dealing with humidity. I know that you CO guys have low RH to begin with.

-TF

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

Treebark warned us of the Ideal models. That was the first model that came into my mind until I realize its a POS based on others' experience with it. But yeah Mississippi Hip, is it work for you tho despite its running non stop?

Papa,

what's the idea of lowering RH that low towards the end? I thought 50% was the optimal RH when bud sites start to become dense

Yup. Works good.

Some early models had a hard line that was in a bad spot and would rub/vibrate a hole in the line. They moved the line on later models.

What kinda issues with the Ideals? I didn't hear about it...I dunno. Hope it lasts. The dont give them damn things away...lol..

kushjunkie

kushjunkie

I have both the Santa Fe Classic and Max Dry XT.

They rock! Pull out so much moisture and use little electricity. Seem to be very high quality.

chrometrichs

chrometrichs

I tried to get one of the new Ideal Air 180s but sunlight supply was out of them & they were having some type of problem with the units. Have you had any problems with your yet ?

I haven't had a single issue with mine oscar...for the money I don't think there's a better unit..

treereek

treereek

Would it be more efficient to buy the SF max dry @ 8amps & throw another lite in (if space allows) to recoup the "extra" $, instead of going cheaper @ this cost of 4 amps?

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

A Santa Fe 180 pint pulls 4 amps?

120v?

If so,....dammit son....lol...

How much is this unit to buy?

bobby

bobby

A Santa Fe 180 pint pulls 4 amps?

120v?

If so,....dammit son....lol...

How much is this unit to buy?

That brand is super efficient...google the prices. They aren't cheap, but you get what you pay for. But even saving 5 amps is huge. 5 amps @ 240v is another entire light or 1-2 lbs of product.

treebark1950

treebark1950

I love my Santa fe Max Dry!

I also bought a Hi Dry 100 and I really like it for its size and amp draw for a full 14x14 room too! It also has a built in condensate pump too!

My friends ideal units just quit working for no reason. He went though 2 of them and then got a refund...

Next I'm going to try the new Santa Fe Force, looks like a nice size...

Top Bottom