Industrial Hemp in Colorado

• Thread starter JeromeGarcia
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JeromeGarcia

JeromeGarcia

Are you excited or nervous, or ? about hemp starting to be grown by the acre in Colorado?

If you are into high CBD plants you should be very excited. If you grow outdoors near a farm you should be nervous as hemp pollen can travel 7 miles in the air and 20 in the water.

I am talking to a few pedigree seed breeders and they are pretty aghast at Colorado right now. They know Ryan Loflin's crop was grown with registered seeds and the breeder of that strain, finola, was not compensated or engaged in anyway by the farmer. This is leading the small breeders from getting into Colorado hemp as they fear their genetics are going to be stolen...

Shamus

Shamus

20 in the water, i thought water made pollen not viable?

and yeah if ur near one no bueno. HEPA's out the ass

JeromeGarcia

JeromeGarcia

Here is a assay of some hemp and marijuana from 45 years ago...

B

bigwillis

We need to slow down. The whole scene has this weird anxiety attached to it. EVEN when these hemp fields are planted. We don't have the infrastruture to process it . Whether. its textiles cosmetics or food. China and Canada. are decades ahead of us in this industry. I hope we will learn from these countries.

JeromeGarcia

JeromeGarcia

We need to slow down.

Well - actually - hemp is going full steam ahead. Most people do not realize it but the Farm bill effectively made it legal.

Anyone care to venture a guess as to why/how?

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

...let us begin and create in idea a State; and yet a true creator is necessity, which is the mother of our invention.

The Republic, Book II, 369c, Plato

vaporedout

vaporedout

We need to slow down. The whole scene has this weird anxiety attached to it. EVEN when these hemp fields are planted. We don't have the infrastruture to process it . Whether. its textiles cosmetics or food. China and Canada. are decades ahead of us in this industry. I hope we will learn from these countries.

thats why joe rogan has to buy his hemp protein from canada, well that and the legality. plus they better hurry up with their processing plans because this shit grows fast, and soon everyone will see how useful this plant can be. lumber companies start shittin your pants

JeromeGarcia

JeromeGarcia

This year is going to be almost exclusively small R/D plots so we can see what grows good. There will be a few commercial operations but likely only 1 or 2 hemp specific processing centers this year.

Hemp was never illegal - cannabis sativa l was. The thing was the DEA said hemp was mj because the CSA did not differentiate between the two - and now they no longer can say this because hemp is now defined in law - the Ag Act of 2014 (pages 699-700). There never was a definition of hemp b4 this act of congress.

Top Bottom