Industry Devastated? (co Bros. Especially)

• Thread starter Connor Sewer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

usatoday
Just curious if you consider USA to be credible and if you generally agree with their op/ed. You don't state a position so it's difficult to know what you think too.

You can do better than usa today. Try Forbes: https://www.forbes.com/sites/jacobs...na-legalization-has-no-benefits/#15ae2a793ba2
Before you delve into bullshit, here is some info from the Colorado State Patrol, not guest commentary from some random conservative who sounds important.
Fat per 10 Mill

Acct Causal Factors 2014

First, and most important, consider the source.
https://www.quora.com/Is-USA-Today-a-credible-source-Why-or-why-not

The writer: Jeff Hunt is the Vice President of Public Policy at Colorado Christian University.

Perhaps Mr. Hunt should refrain from commenting on something that doesn't exist in his school, political science.
http://www.ccu.edu/catalog/cus/politicalscience/major/

Don't worry, you get a 404, which doesn't mean anything, other than the study he refers to is garbage, and the idea that politics aren't welcome at colorado christian university is funny in a sophomoric way. They consider any positive test for marijuana in these statistics, note that impairment is always left out of those charts. Use the chart on page 26/180 of The Rocky Mountain High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area Report from https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiVlaeyjcbVAhVBz2MKHb-cBUMQFggoMAA&url=http://www.rmhidta.org/html/2016%20FINAL%20Legalization%20of%20Marijuana%20in%20Colorado%20The%20Impact.pdf&usg=AFQjCNEACX-GGKazMXHBSnkwJVfdCwWZwA

edit- I think impaired driving is a problem, but impairment by means other than the devil lettuce. People used to drive around and smoke because they couldn't at home. Now the only reason to go drive around and get high is if you're trying to get a DUID.

Connor Sewer

Connor Sewer

na I dont think USA today is credible, its just something I saw that I wanted to talk about. I also looked into hunt and know his background.

My stance? Hmmm. I mean I like to smoke weed. Helps me eat and sleep and chill and various other things that helps inside the body that i read about. But i dont have the blinders completely on and I think, depending on the person, pot COULD cause some complications, IMO. A lot of the bad things (or probably just my zooming in on some of my paranoia lol) ive read about pot in some scientific studies has to do with hearth health, but they are also using smoking as a medium. I pretty much just vape but its good to still be aware.

Here is an example that one could, and it has a potential to be extremely true, argue about pot creating deaths. If you get so anxious that you start feeling your heart beat really fast, as happens occasionally. Someone could freak out making the problem worse and therefore inducing cardiac arrest.

I do think there are a ton, so it seems, of scientific studies that say, pretty much, the same thing about pot. I dont think its a perfect plant with no problems whatsoever as some believe. No such thing as a perfect anything.

xenon730

xenon730

na I dont think USA today is credible, its just something I saw that I wanted to talk about. I also looked into hunt and know his background.

My stance? Hmmm. I mean I like to smoke weed. Helps me eat and sleep and chill and various other things that helps inside the body that i read about. But i dont have the blinders completely on and I think, depending on the person, pot COULD cause some complications, IMO. A lot of the bad things (or probably just my zooming in on some of my paranoia lol) ive read about pot in some scientific studies has to do with hearth health, but they are also using smoking as a medium. I pretty much just vape but its good to still be aware.

Here is an example that one could, and it has a potential to be extremely true, argue about pot creating deaths. If you get so anxious that you start feeling your heart beat really fast, as happens occasionally. Someone could freak out making the problem worse and therefore inducing cardiac arrest.

I do think there are a ton, so it seems, of scientific studies that say, pretty much, the same thing about pot. I dont think its a perfect plant with no problems whatsoever as some believe. No such thing as a perfect anything.
The example you gave isn't really real. Panic induced cardiac arrests are ridiculously rare and don't really happen. That's the worst example to choose. Normal people don't die from anxiety. Period. Caffeine or stimulants would be the only way that point would make any sense. Impaired driving and mental health are the only real arguments so far, not minor blood pressure increases or anxiety. Caffeine, tobacco, alcohol, obesity, air quality, poor diet, and sedentary lifestyle all do that a million times more than marijuana. That's not a real thing with cannabis and you're wrong to think that and perpetuate falsehoods. Cannabis can cause increased mental health symptoms and most mentally ill people I've met are aware of that. It could also cause an accident, though again, the studies show it is not particularly effective on driving ability. That said, there are probably a decent amount of cannabis caused car accidents not attributed to it, probably because they're almost all without injury.

Connor Sewer

Connor Sewer

The example you gave isn't really real. Panic induced cardiac arrests are ridiculously rare and don't really happen. That's the worst example to choose. Normal people don't die from anxiety. Period. Caffeine or stimulants would be the only way that point would make any sense. Impaired driving and mental health are the only real arguments so far, not minor blood pressure increases or anxiety. Caffeine, tobacco, alcohol, obesity, air quality, poor diet, and sedentary lifestyle all do that a million times more than marijuana. That's not a real thing with cannabis and you're wrong to think that and perpetuate falsehoods. Cannabis can cause increased mental health symptoms and most mentally ill people I've met are aware of that. It could also cause an accident, though again, the studies show it is not particularly effective on driving ability. That said, there are probably a decent amount of cannabis caused car accidents not attributed to it, probably because they're almost all without injury.

Im not perpetuating anything. im giving you my opinion, which was asked for. Nor did i ever say i was right. So pipe down with all that BS. As far as mental health. More to do with the person, like anything. Ive watched numerous documentaries that have the same Harvard train psychiatrist talking about mental health and pot. And its minimal on a macro level. But you do make a point about stuff like Monsters etc..

Last edited:
xenon730

xenon730

Im not perpetuating anything. im giving you my opinion, which was asked for. Nor did i ever say i was right. So pipe down with all that BS. As far as mental health. More to do with the person, like anything. Ive watched numerous documentaries that have the same Harvard train psychiatrist talking about mental health and pot. And its minimal on a macro level. But you do make a point about stuff like Monsters etc..
I guess the opinion part is fair, but it's not true. Anxiety and panic disorders must cause far more panic attacks than cannabis. And you must not have much experience with mental health either. Marijuana certainly can heighten schizoid paranoia, cause mania episodes in the bipolar, and agitate anxiety disorders, as can a lot of psychoactive drugs. None of that is minimal on any level. That's only a few mental health issues cannabis has been proven to affect. Most people suffering from those are aware of the agitation in my experience(and there's plenty of crossover with drug use and mental health sadly so most know from experience).

Top Bottom