Inexpensive Greenhouse For 100 Flowering Plants

• Thread starter DoobieBro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DoobieBro

DoobieBro

So I did get one recommendation of perhaps a hoop house. However, I believe I have also heard there are flow issues with them. My other question is how would you control photoperiod in a hoop house?

Secondly, do you all have another suggestion our company simply wants to do it inexpensive this time then after a couple profitable harvest builds a proper greenhouse? Are there any kits that are not too expansive but won't blow over at the first good wind gust? One of my bosses found a really cheap 20' x 10' x 7' one on Amazon of all places but 51% of the reviews indicate its POS that the frame is barely able to support. If there is a kit you would suggest that would be awesome.

Suggestions Please that hopefully will not take days to put together and in which I can control photoperiod.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

So I did get one recommendation of perhaps a hoop house. However, I believe I have also heard there are flow issues with them. My other question is how would you control photoperiod in a hoop house?

Secondly, do you all have another suggestion our company simply wants to do it inexpensive this time then after a couple profitable harvest builds a proper greenhouse? Are there any kits that are not too expansive but won't blow over at the first good wind gust? One of my bosses found a really cheap 20' x 10' x 7' one on Amazon of all places but 51% of the reviews indicate its POS that the frame is barely able to support. If there is a kit you would suggest that would be awesome.

Suggestions Please that hopefully will not take days to put together and in which I can control photoperiod.

Potoperiod is controlled by roll down blackout shades on my cousins hoop house. It has full length windows that open on the light penetrating layer to cool during summer heat and two big intake/exhaust vents with blackout boxes and one giant fan. The blackout shades are powered and on a timer (necessary if you can't be there to open/closs for an exact 12/12). Think it was around $20k for the contractor to build it and it can handle 40-50 plants in 45gal pots if one were so inclined to use it for that purpose (the one in the pic just grows veggies now). In my area there were people who used to cost share on the build for 50% of the harvest for a couple seasons but since the Cali legalisation drove the price down and I don't think it's an option around here anymore.
20181022 124522

Maybe you should look into low profile, row crop style, hoops if you need inexpensive. Seen them on this forum before.

Something like this but with rollback blackout cloth.
Rowtunnel

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

2x4s PVC and Plastic will get it done cheaply. 16x32 is plenty of room assuming your doing 5 gals. Hang some fans run them 24/7 and call it a day. You will need sup lighting this time of year.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter

Craig’s list farm and garden. Lots there for greenhouses and parts for.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Secondary blackout top that you roll up and down based on schedule. There are motorized version of that too. Anywhere.from. $500-5k. DIY $100 , black Home Depot plastic. Stapler ,, conduit. And make yourself a roller spin that sucker up, and down

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Secondary blackout top that you roll up and down based on schedule. There are motorized version of that too. Anywhere.from. $500-5k. DIY $100 , black Home Depot plastic. Stapler ,, conduit. And make yourself a roller spin that sucker up, and down

...having it motorised and on a timer was well worth the cost.

Ours has low gear motors at the end of the roller and a radial arm on one end attached to a pin hinge. The arm forces the roller end to swing in a radius slightly elevated above the translucent layer. Keeps the roller from binding on hoop joints at the side. Ratchet straps are strung vertically over the roll in three locations to keep it snug against the hoops to prevent light leaks. It's a really ingenious design.

Top Bottom