Inexpensive predatory nematodes?

• Thread starter phenotyper
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
phenotyper

phenotyper

Hi all, does anyone know where to buy predatory nematodes in bulk? I'd like to work them into my IPM, specifically inoculating before flower. But most I have seen are about $20 for 1 million. Which sounds like it could add up quickly if I have to reinoculate. Anyone have any good solutions?

I apologize if this has been answered, but I have searched the forums and google and not located an economical source.

P

primeform

i just used a 1 million sponge in a 200 gallon res to water my entire crop. even if you reapply every 2-4 weeks thats not an insane amount of money. if you keep a healthy organic root zone i dont see the need to continously reinoculate. you could also top dress with earthworm castings or other good stuff where they are naturally living.

phenotyper

phenotyper

Thanks for the reply. Basically, I do a couple applications of Merit75 and other insecticides that destroy my living soil. Once after they are reasonable big enough to handle the Merit, and once again a few weeks before flower.

How long does it take them to really colonize a root zone? Maybe I will skip the first application of nematodes and hit them with extra EWCs.

P

primeform

what bugs are you battling with the merit75? id probably just wait on the nematodes until after your last dose of merit75. then top dress with some EWC and water with a couple sponges of live nemas.

phenotyper

phenotyper

Preventative root aphid treatments. I wiped my room, but noticed them on a few of my autoflowering babies which did not get Merit. I have decided I need to battle with the strongest stuff available in my IPM, but I want to try to remain organic after the systemics have done their thing.

Top Bottom