Infestation beginning in 2nd week flower

• Thread starter Skeggox
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Skeggox

Skeggox

That sucks. I do outdoor so I'm used to pests, they just come with the territory, it's their environment after all... my goal is to stop an infestation and do all I can to keep them away in the first place ... and I usually fail lol. I always wash my harvest though, so whatever.
My thought was to do a neem oil soil drench since I still have 2 months to get close to chop. That might drive them out. You can use lost coast plant therapy as a root drench but idk that it acts the same as neem when eaten by the bugs thought the plant

Skeggox

Skeggox

What are yalls thoughts on spraying twice in one dark cycle. At lights off then 6 hrs in after dry. if you have good enough air flow and allow for them to dry between and before lights on obviously. With them being difficult to get rid of, if the plants can take it, it shouldn't be an issue? do this daily for 3 to 5 and it should knock them out right

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
i dont think you have an infestation you say you saw 3 of them just pick them off the plant and dispose (ie. put them back outside) you have a pic of the plant? unless you’re growing monsters picking them and disposing is safer than any pesticides.

Ponky

Ponky

What are yalls thoughts on spraying twice in one dark cycle. At lights off then 6 hrs in after dry. if you have good enough air flow and allow for them to dry between and before lights on obviously. With them being difficult to get rid of, if the plants can take it, it shouldn't be an issue? do this daily for 3 to 5 and it should knock them out right
Daily doesn't work with the stuff i use. But maybe with lost coast. Have to see if anyone has done it

Skeggox

Skeggox

i dont think you have an infestation you say you saw 3 of them just pick them off the plant and dispose (ie. put them back outside) you have a pic of the plant? unless you’re growing monsters picking them and disposing is safer than any pesticides.
I wasn't sure how these things break out. If it's gradual, if they hatch how many will come next, how aggressive ect.

Skeggox

Skeggox

They are scrogged so the 3 spots were in different locations. The over all canopy is in good condition

20220424 175302
crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
They are scrogged so the 3 spots were in different locations. The over all canopy is in good condition
with any infestation manual removal is the first step, do a good deep inspection remove as many as you can see wipe the leaves clean check the stems check the surface of the medium etc a good good inspection and manual removal as i said is the first step. then you can proceed as you see fit.

Mudballs

Mudballs

Supporter
Yeah the Plant Therapy is to keep the powdery mildew down. You can do every 3 days but that's a bit too often i found, it can start to hurt the plants. It wont burn pistils in flower so that's a plus.I mean if you're in an extreme situation yeah maybe, but better to spread it out every 4-5 day sprays.
The Bonide Capt.Jacks is for the bugs...kills really well and really fast...faster than they market it as too. It's all i use outdoors for bugs. I spray the plant therapy pretty sparingly until weather gets whack, then i have to monitor frequently.
I spray the Capt. Jacks same deal, sparingly in veg, then during early flower i get a little panicky but i don't over do it.

Skeggox

Skeggox

SNS209 is still in production. It is nothing more than food grade botanical extracts.
I watched a video on pesticides a while back SNS209 was talked about quite a bit. I may have been mistaken due to my shit memory lol

Skeggox

Skeggox

This is off topic but I need some input. Looking at par meters and does anyone have any info on the hydrofarm brand photobio or active eye ? Is one preferred over the other. I know the active eye is no longer stocked on the site. It has abilities to upload data to windows the other doesn't. The photo bio I think is a newer model. Both run about $220. The active eye does states it measures up to 10,000 umol. If that's even necessary

Screenshot 20220430 110202 eBay
Screenshot 20220430 104146 Chrome
Last edited:
Skeggox

Skeggox

Yeah the Plant Therapy is to keep the powdery mildew down. You can do every 3 days but that's a bit too often i found, it can start to hurt the plants. It wont burn pistils in flower so that's a plus.I mean if you're in an extreme situation yeah maybe, but better to spread it out every 4-5 day sprays.
The Bonide Capt.Jacks is for the bugs...kills really well and really fast...faster than they market it as too. It's all i use outdoors for bugs. I spray the plant therapy pretty sparingly until weather gets whack, then i have to monitor frequently.
I spray the Capt. Jacks same deal, sparingly in veg, then during early flower i get a little panicky but i don't over do it.
Just an update, the treatment of Lost Coast Plant Therapy drove them out the following week. Success. The last is a sample of the white widow. Sorry for shit quality pics. Broke my camera screen

20220531 170357
20220531 170418
20220602 224115
20220602 224109
20220620 172658
K

Knight

This is the 3rd leaf in 2 days I've spotted with these fuckers. I've been using plant therapy at one oz per gallon every 7 to 10 days but they managed to make it in. The website states that you can actually increase the solution to 2 oz per gal and up the alcohol 1 more oz a gal. Bottle states in bad cases can be applied 3 to 5 days In a row. Mine isn't there yet. Can anyone identify this and tell me the best solution since I'm bout to hit week 3? There is a front and rear pic of the bastard. And an aerial
I get those catapillers every years. Mush them with your fingers. They like to spread their slime or web and curl the leaf around them. Look for leaves that curled or rolled up. Odds are there is one there. Crush them, no need for chemicals.

Top Bottom