Info on BC God Bud?

• Thread starter sgt. schultz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sgt. schultz

sgt. schultz

Any grow with production and or smoke reports? Gonna pop some in Pro-Mix and hand water GH 5 part (grow, micro, bloom, nova and kool bloom). Wanting to know potency and best way to max yields (pruning or lst) 2X1000 hps in 4x8 sealed space.

Big Buddy

Big Buddy

Pretty nice strain i have to say even though I'm not a fan of theirs. Very slow veg growth, and no stretch, so give them lots of veg and make em as bushy as you can. I find it to be somewhat upstable, lots of phenos, but the one your looking for is the shortest of all, and has a fat leaf and thins ever so slightly in flower. This is the ad shot they used at the 2007 cannabis cup for the new strain they made called the black, yes, the shot was of my god bud, not the black, and no, they didnt have permission to use it.

Med gallery 2 2 779954
E

Elemental

Hi there everyone,im not looking for the GOD BUD but im curious about THE BLACK,where its possible to get it from Europe?

fortwunty

fortwunty

@Elemental: BC Bud Depot sells The Black. good luck though, as i've heard of many troubles with BCBD and their gear...

Wasn't there a thread on here about God Bud and it's origins? I'm pretty sure, but don't quote me on this, that JOTI originally created God Bud and when he was giving away or selling cuts, the BCBD guys got ahold of the clone and began their work with it. Even if that's not true, I have some experience with the JOTI version and none with the BCBD version, so I'd pick JOTI anyway.

A friend of a friend of mine ran half a pack of JOTI's God Bud, ended up with 3 females and one really stood out in my opinion. Hard aromas to describe. I live on Vancouver Island so when I say it smells "like God", most everyone knows what I mean. My favorite pheno had an extremely sweet God smell, dead on. My fav pheno also lacked those extremely rock hard nugs, but they were damn close. Here's a shot of a nug just shy of 8g after a 2 week dry + 5-6 week cure...

http://invalid.com/image-E956_4B7AF5C1.jpg

C

chickenn

i am not a fan of bcbd, though i don't know of them outright fucking anyone. i have made several orders, some large. and got every one.

the bcbd god bud is hands down one of the strongest indica strains out there. anyone says any different, has never smoked it, or just can't grow a plant to it's potential. it is a head crushing stone. extrmely powerful

@ BB the 2.0 god bud is incredible bro. the phenos have been reduced to just a few. with the plants being mostly hemogenous, as if from clone. the 2.0 release was supposed to speed up veg, and it didn't. this fat girl ain't running fast for no one. i smoked some of the 2.0 with big the other day. and it will drop an anvil on your head. i put my pipe in my front pants pocket, and lost the damn thing...lol

@ sgt shultz. you gonna be vegging the god for awhile. minimum 7-8 weeks before ready for flower. top her, while vegging. if you keep your ph and ppm straight, she is a colossal yielder. no shit. monster colas. she loves topping. not a big stretcher, so let her veg long. nobody's god compares to bcbd.

the black, is a good plant and a heavy yielder, real heavy yielder actually. the tall phenos will just put out thick donkey dick long colas, greasy as hell, and dank. and the short phenos just turn into one bushy ass thick plant. it is an ugly ass plant. and it will claw on you, i don't give a shit what you do. lower ph/higher ph low feed/high feed. doesn't seem to matter. keep it stable and let it claw. sometimes it straighten out sometimes not. the shorter phenos claw more.

and the short phenos will hermie like a mother fucker. so beware. i would avoid the black, as it is unstable. and the god, if you ask me is stronger and taste better, and much more of a joy to grow.

bcbd has some awesome genetics. anyone saying different just hasn't grown them. and i don't particularly like them. but i am not gonna lie about them either. their genetics are good.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

I have never seen anything stable from bcbd. One of my biggest concerns comes from actually smoking their product at the cannabis cup this year, I smoked both their purps and black....they both really sucked. They try claiming that their purps is the same as the mendo purps and that is outright wrong. My good buddies grew out twenty of the purps and ten of the black, there was one good pheno of the black, not amazing but good. The purps phenos all purpled and looked great but smoked like hemp.....whereas the mendo purps from the same round tasted like purple grapes! I would try JOTI or Dr. Atomic if you are looking for great seeds from b.c. Next Gen is really good I hear too, just haven't tried them myself, although I have met Jay and he seems very legit.
The real god bud from Vancouver Island is one of the most amazing smokes of all time....;it was also called purple skunk when I was there.

stickyicky

stickyicky

I heard it called purple skunk, shaman and I know there are more. I scored some Jodi-GODBUD seeds from VSB- Vancouver Seed Bank. Ran some outside last year, cloned the best one and brought it inside. I unfortunatley did'nt get the fat leafed pheno. Got the bushy, skinny bud version (of course!). I did veg for 6 weeks and trained the shit out of them. The buds just did'nt fatten up (of course). It is known for this pheno though. I've seen close up ad's that look just like mine.

I ran some on a ebb 'n' flow table and some in ebb 'n' gro 5-gal. buckets. I ended up w/ 1lb. of decent stuff and 3lbs. of lower plant buds. My bubble bags are getting a work out and the hash is great. The shit was a bitch to trim too. A lot of work for little pay out. I must say, it was the stickiest shit I have ever grown though. It produced these clear resin balls all over the plants.

Cracked some more god out of the same pack I previously ran. Scored a Shaman clone from a friend too. Still on the hunt for the fat leaf Godbud pheno.

Check out my last grow with godbud and an assortment of other great strains.

Good luck with your grow and the Fat leaf pheno

B

billybadazz

I got bcbd God 10 pack of beans popped 6 got 3 females and to tell you the truth I was wondering how it won anything......maybe I got shitty pheno's but I gave the rest of the seeds away and after 3 runs discontinued god. 1. slow veg time. 2. subpar dank in my book. 3. I have faster flowering, better producing, better tasting stains so why waste space IMO. these are my opinions and my findings and I always thought that if it won best indica it "had to be better" than the pheno's I got. Maybe in the future if I can find a good clone I will give it another run to see.

5tickynubz

Anyone get poor male to female ratios with god bud? I know someone who got a pack and so far all males. He's got a couple left but I think he giving up on them. I also saw on the net where someone else got all males from a pack.

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
I got Purps and God bud from BCbd and I was pretty lucky to find a good one in each pack. God bud was pretty good. Purps is tasty and def a cross of sorts...not a true mendo but some mendo like phenos in there. Like coughing up candy coated earthen goodness. Just not super potent. God bud was much more potent and yielded better too. Not stable but I got 5 females to choose from on the purps and 3 on the Godbud. I didn't get the black but I did get my order and some fems to shoose from. I havn't ordered from them in a couple years tho. and doubt the cup winning pheno is easily found in just one pack.

sgt. schultz

sgt. schultz

Really good feedback. Thanks. Where is JOTI's gear available? A couple of suggestions to veg long. Starting from seed, 8-10 weeks to show sex, clone and flower mothers with clones swapping out. Gives minimum 6-8 week veg. Enough? Any comparisons to LA Con?

B

Bluenoser

First time I got Godbud it was beautful. Nice even growth good taste and decent potentcy.

Second time I ordered GodBud it was nothing but trouble. Hermy plants and poor germination. Both ordered from the same place.

M

MJPassion

I've been runnin the BC God Bud for a while now and it's gotta be one of my more potent strains. It has very nice hues when finishing up flowering as well. a night time bud for sure and 10 weeks to finish isn't bad either. ISO smells like pine pitch and is uber potent for awesome meds.

G

G Nil

I keep reading how shitty BC Bud Depot is but I can honestly say I've never had a problem with them other than waiting for 3 weeks for an order.Their strains are top notch and I can't believe that God Bud could or would disappoint anyone, I love that strain.It has such a sweet smell and taste plus it's pretty easy to grow with great bag appeal.Da Purps is a great daytime smoke and is some of the nicest looking herb you can't go wrong with her either.

GET MO

GET MO

Supporter
I grew some bcbd godbud like 4 years back.... wasnt too impressed. not a good yielder, pretty potent but not like herijuana. Might uh just had a bad pheno tho...

fortwunty

fortwunty

MJPassion, do you run the original God clone? because you describe the smell perfectly, a sweet pine pitch. always good when someone breaks out some real God. definitely in my top 5 of all time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom