Information and cost of Electric

• Thread starter Casey03
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Casey03

Hey all,

I wanted to know if some guys could help me with the costs of the electric for a 600WATT light with 18 hours on and 6 hours off.

I believe the current rate for my area is at 22.500 so 22.5 pence per KWH. I used the calculator on this website to come up with a rough a price.

http://www.ukpower.co.uk/tools/running_costs_electricity/

So the total hours for a 31 day month with that light setup would cost around £72 per month. Then you would need to add the fans and everything so I would like say £90 per month (that should cover it) there would be 2 600 WATT lights running so in total it would be £180 per month, Would you guys agree that is around the correct price?

Another thing I would like to know is, do the electric companies report high usage amounts to the police, in my case being in London it would be the met police and provider is British gas pay as you go, We currently use around £130 per month and if we add this £180 on top all of a sudden it seems to be a huge hike in price. so it just had me worried that electric companies might report something like this?

Any information on this would be great!

F

franky118

22 pence thats alot. i pay 12 pence in peak times and about 10 off peak on pay as you go as well, go check your meter mate push one of the buttons till is says per kw or something like that i have 2 600w hps and 2 6' fans (inlet and extraction) 2 oscillating fans and a tube heater in my 1.2m tent plus i run my whole house i put about£25 - £30 in a week also if you are using excessive amount of electric then the companies do inform police but thats if you have a whole warehouse full, i turn everything off at night which is when my lights are on in the tent so i dont waste electric like tvs boilers pretty much every thing off at the socket that does help a bit.

C

Casey03

yeah i found that button you was talking about, I believe the rates are £13.08 per KW, which sounds a lot better, The rate at 22p was taken from the british gas website.

I would have thought for the electric companies to inform the police of high usage would be breach the data protection act, but thats not to say the police couldnt ask for these details with a warrent.

Once the setup is complete i guess we would be looking around £130 per month just for the lights and fans but with general house hold usage it would cost £260 per month. But there is also a discount that come into play once you use so much KW a month as well i believe, but i could be wrong.

Top Bottom