Information for new grower.

• Thread starter HerbalismSchizm
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HerbalismSchizm

HerbalismSchizm

Hey everyone it's good to be here I hope you all had a great holiday season and I hope santa brought you all some of the best green females on earth. I am here as a new grower as a lot has changed since I last did anything and I'm starting fresh. I'm going with auto strains chiefly because I don't live in the best of climates for land based strains or anything like that and as a novice I wouldn't do that anyway. I am basically hoping to converse with a few people maybe, I have a couple of questions that I need help with, wattage that's best for my grow space with LED and some other things and I would appreciate any help. All the best and hope you all are well.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
Hey everyone it's good to be here I hope you all had a great holiday season and I hope santa brought you all some of the best green females on earth. I am here as a new grower as a lot has changed since I last did anything and I'm starting fresh. I'm going with auto strains chiefly because I don't live in the best of climates for land based strains or anything like that and as a novice I wouldn't do that anyway. I am basically hoping to converse with a few people maybe, I have a couple of questions that I need help with, wattage that's best for my grow space with LED and some other things and I would appreciate any help. All the best and hope you all are well.
Are you doing outdoor? I really really highly recommend doing photo period plants your first run.

Bilber

Bilber

There really isn't any information to help with your grow.....

Try this.....

1. Are you growing from seed or clones?
2. How old are your plants?
3. How tall are your plants?
4. What type of hydro system are you using?
5. What brand/type of nutrients are you using?
6. What is the Ph of your nutrient solution?
7. What is the PPM/EC of your tap water?
8. What is the PPM/EC of your nutrient solution?
9. What is the temperature of your nutrient solution?
10. Does your PPM/EC show a rise or fall when you do your daily PPM check?
11. Does your pH show a rise or fall when you do your daily check?
12. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?
13. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")
14. How close are your lights to the plants?
15. What size is your grow space in square feet?
16. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?
17. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?
18. How much experience do you have growing?

Fill that out the best you can, that way the information you're asking can be answered....

Hope this helps with your grow....

Bilber

Bilber

Don't mind that it says hydro if you're using soil or whatnot.....

Just change that part to your grow style that fits i.e. soil, dwc, rdwc, organic........

HerbalismSchizm

HerbalismSchizm

Are you doing outdoor? I really really highly recommend doing photo period plants your first run.
No mate the reason I am going down the indoor route is because my climate is not what I would call ideal to support good healthy and robust plants, that is if you was referring to outdoor growing when you said photo period. Like we get really crappy overcast summers a lot of times I feel they'd fail. It would be nice to do land based and outdoor strains though I would love to learn all the little finer points. But yeah autoflower is what I was referring to.

P

Purfict

If you haven’t bought anything already, I would recommend female photos still. The reason for this is because it gives you control. I’m a first time grower myself, my very first plants ever are 40 days old and photos, and I messed up and got fungal gnats in my plants. If I were to have autos, they would most likely not have a good crop because I couldn’t figure out the issues and get them healthy before flipping them to flower. Since I do have control, if I can get everything under control, I can flip whenever I want. Still, it’s not to say autos are horrible, just a bit harder to control.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
No mate the reason I am going down the indoor route is because my climate is not what I would call ideal to support good healthy and robust plants, that is if you was referring to outdoor growing when you said photo period. Like we get really crappy overcast summers a lot of times I feel they'd fail. It would be nice to do land based and outdoor strains though I would love to learn all the little finer points. But yeah autoflower is what I was referring to.
That makes sense by why autos?

Bilber

Bilber

I'm indoor growing and my environment/atmosphere is not the greatest.....

I'm happy with my yields.....could they be better.....Yes.....

As long as the temps are within reason, you have plenty of airflow, water/feed when you should, you can make some decent herb......

Wishing you the best....

Latest posts

Top Bottom