Inherited plant. Spidermites and mildew oh my

• Thread starter Wristle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Wristle

Wristle

Alright, literally just got a phone call from a friend saying he's out front and I need to come out and he handed me this

Inherited plant spidermites and mildew oh my

He got this from a friend who's doing his first indoor grow and really has no clue. I don't know age or soil used. If there's any nutrients or anything going on. He said it's got a bad spidermites issue and mildew.

Will those two issues correct themselves with it being outside now?

I was thinking for it to get a bit healthier before I top, LST and transplant.

Here's a couple more pictures.

Inherited plant spidermites and mildew oh my 2
Inherited plant spidermites and mildew oh my 3

Wristle

Wristle

Call him back and ask him to drop off some neem oil ....
And a happy meal with a large iced tea
And a six of corona..
I'll be over in 10 min

Thanks for the reply. Might just run out and grab some right now.

Come over in 15/20. I'll twist up a canon.

B

Burned Haze

Dude if your plant has pm, pm is like aids of all molds. Meanings it’s systemic ( Inless you apply unapproved and nasty shit )

no matter what cover anti fungicide you use apply and fight it. It will be back and worse with time (exp if rain is it’s Allie and high humidity ) and make your yields suck Inless your on your feet with that.

than seeing that much of a population at that age Of a population, referring to your spidermites + since outdoors get some knockout like greencleaner or loast coast plant therapy as your IPM rotate with limited knockout products I’m listing below. Than you only have limited Times per cycle to apply it but to work great to kill many soft bodied + spider mites .

these products will fight the mites and majority of your pest issues and the mold/pm ( it will not cure your internal issue thou = will come back so that’s why this spray being ipm it will prevent both )

You can use these products past 3/4 week and till harvest but the biocontrols will be great rotate cause the con on the listed above is they are harsh on Your bennies (think of it like h2o2 method since it has alcohol and citric in it ) and they are expensive per gallon vs everything I listed below

——

conserve sc & evergreen 5% would work great as a good IPM and knockout for your mites and a outdoor battle of 100+ soft bodied bugs.
read the info on their websites and manuals before like everything
pro: amazing killing ability and safe and super concentrated exp conserve sc con limit their use per cycle and can’t be used 3-4rd week in flower .

——

than in flower bloom week 3/4 to end of harvest . You shouldn’t apply those stated above products excluding green cleaner and plant therapy as your flower knockout .you can use these products listed below as your main inbetween sprays to make the limited cycles to make them last longer as well and make the pest less resistance as well.

Best combo ever (biocontrol )is to start using Grandevo and venerate xc every 7 days ( or on pest cycle days) and rotate from Grandevo to venerate every time every time (week 3- end of harvest )

pro: dirt cheap like penny’s per gal even at highest rate , safest stuff ever, won’t kill bee’s , will never have bug resistance and that’s a huge issue with a lot of pesticides , harmless to humans preety much and can be used and label allowed to cannabis con: should be used before you have “mid level- huge populations of infections “ if you do use a knockout till you have that low level and go back to the biocontrols ( meaning Grandevo and venerate )

tip to save you money on biocontrol: buy the non cannabis label “cg” = it’s the same thing but ethier dilluated into liquid torip you off ( cause hydro stores/cnanabis growers can’t mix dry stuff?) and the venerate is 25%+ cheaper and same % and diff label but for veggies and misc?im good on paying for labeling but support a company that backs cannabis and their testing and support (very few do? That’s awesome ). I’m just cheap and if their nothing different in product, why should you?

another tip if you stop using listed “knockout” loast coast and greencleaner , you still need a pm prevent till harvest (I would do this at rain season if I’m not doing reglaia ) , exp for outdoors and being infected?potassium bicarbonate

look into greencure , it’s not the cure but it’s cheap and all you got to do is apply that every 5-7 days or every time it rains and you should be able to survive this pm issue .

Wristle

Wristle

Dude if your plant has pm, pm is like aids of all molds. Meanings it’s systemic ( Inless you apply unapproved and nasty shit )

no matter what cover anti fungicide you use apply and fight it. It will be back and worse with time (exp if rain is it’s Allie and high humidity ) and make your yields suck Inless your on your feet with that.

than seeing that much of a population at that age Of a population, referring to your spidermites + since outdoors get some knockout like greencleaner or loast coast plant therapy as your IPM rotate with limited knockout products I’m listing below. Than you only have limited Times per cycle to apply it but to work great to kill many soft bodied + spider mites .

these products will fight the mites and majority of your pest issues and the mold/pm ( it will not cure your internal issue thou = will come back so that’s why this spray being ipm it will prevent both )

You can use these products past 3/4 week and till harvest but the biocontrols will be great rotate cause the con on the listed above is they are harsh on Your bennies (think of it like h2o2 method since it has alcohol and citric in it ) and they are expensive per gallon vs everything I listed below

——

conserve sc & evergreen 5% would work great as a good IPM and knockout for your mites and a outdoor battle of 100+ soft bodied bugs.
read the info on their websites and manuals before like everything
pro: amazing killing ability and safe and super concentrated exp conserve sc con limit their use per cycle and can’t be used 3-4rd week in flower .

——

than in flower bloom week 3/4 to end of harvest . You shouldn’t apply those stated above products excluding green cleaner and plant therapy as your flower knockout .you can use these products listed below as your main inbetween sprays to make the limited cycles to make them last longer as well and make the pest less resistance as well.

Best combo ever (biocontrol )is to start using Grandevo and venerate xc every 7 days ( or on pest cycle days) and rotate from Grandevo to venerate every time every time (week 3- end of harvest )

pro: dirt cheap like penny’s per gal even at highest rate , safest stuff ever, won’t kill bee’s , will never have bug resistance and that’s a huge issue with a lot of pesticides , harmless to humans preety much and can be used and label allowed to cannabis con: should be used before you have “mid level- huge populations of infections “ if you do use a knockout till you have that low level and go back to the biocontrols ( meaning Grandevo and venerate )

tip to save you money on biocontrol: buy the non cannabis label “cg” = it’s the same thing but ethier dilluated into liquid torip you off ( cause hydro stores/cnanabis growers can’t mix dry stuff?) and the venerate is 25%+ cheaper and same % and diff label but for veggies and misc?im good on paying for labeling but support a company that backs cannabis and their testing and support (very few do? That’s awesome ). I’m just cheap and if their nothing different in product, why should you?

another tip if you stop using listed “knockout” loast coast and greencleaner , you still need a pm prevent till harvest (I would do this at rain season if I’m not doing reglaia ) , exp for outdoors and being infected?potassium bicarbonate

look into greencure , it’s not the cure but it’s cheap and all you got to do is apply that every 5-7 days or every time it rains and you should be able to survive this pm issue .

Damn, had to read that a few times to soak it in. Thanks for all the info, much appreciated.

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

Alright, literally just got a phone call from a friend saying he's out front and I need to come out and he handed me this

View attachment 987066

He got this from a friend who's doing his first indoor grow and really has no clue. I don't know age or soil used. If there's any nutrients or anything going on. He said it's got a bad spidermites issue and mildew.

View attachment 987076View attachment 987078
From the nightmares I have read and going through myself, I would have taken a flamethrower to that MF'er! I wouldn't want those bastards on the same block! Let alone in my yard! I got em outside and thought I carried em downstairs! Thank God I didn't...YET

B

Burned Haze

Prob for me with sulphur you can’t spray anything within 2-3 (with other products, exp oil based) weeks of it and it doesn’t kill all the eggs? and you can’t use it In Flower . when you look how fast eggs hatch , you’d be fucked?

those knockout listed above will and and they even deprived flower or super safe stuff .

Wristle

Wristle

From the nightmares I have read and going through myself, I would have taken a flamethrower to that MF'er! I wouldn't want those bastards on the same block! Let alone in my yard! I got em outside and thought I carried em downstairs! Thank God I didn't...YET
Am I the only one that would just torch this mystery plant and start over? lol

* edit nope I saw that above me now lol

Yea, she's sitting in the corner of my yard away from everything. Been worried about this spreading to the rest of my garden. No idea how likely that is but it's enough for me to get rid of it. Never had to deal with these little fuckers before

Went over everything really closely this morning and it's absolutely covered. Even the new growth coming in.

Got a friend that wants to try and save this thing so off it goes later today.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

mantistoboggan

mantistoboggan

Yea, she's sitting in the corner of my yard away from everything. Been worried about this spreading to the rest of my garden. No idea how likely that is but it's enough for me to get rid of it. Never had to deal with these little fuckers before

Went over everything really closely this morning and it's absolutely covered. Even the new growth coming in.

Got a friend that wants to try and save this thing so off it goes later today.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Glad we could help! Thoroughly wash your hands after dealing with that thing, and in between touching healthy plants. I'd even go so far as to change my clothes. It's like the plague lol. My worst nightmare, and your "friend" dropped it off at your front door?!?!?! Some friend!!! :P only kidding. good luck man.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Prob for me with sulphur you can’t spray anything within 2-3 (with other products, exp oil based) weeks of it and it doesn’t kill all the eggs? and you can’t use it In Flower . when you look how fast eggs hatch , you’d be fucked?

those knockout listed above will and and they even deprived flower or super safe stuff .
The echo oil dose kill the eggs I can vouch for that otherwise the crops I'm growing were spider mite from my outdoor grow used twice in veg 3 days apart did the work OD have a look at my pics no mite in site .

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter

View attachment 987066

View attachment 987076View attachment 987078
I just blasted my plants with water a firm fine spray and washed most of the fkers off each leaf then I hit them again with Dr.Bronners and Rosemary essential oils. The water knocked most of them ,their shit and eggs off. I'll do it again if I see any, might not get them all but it controls them.

B

Burned Haze

Inless never growing again
(if it was me) I would use everything I just stated as a IPM for your next grow aka =ipm . People that spray or fight against pest when they “see” the pest are just asking for a unwinnable battle and to use things that will stress the plant or not approved for cannabis. When you get mid range to heavy level infection, good luck compared to IPM or small scale populations .

if you spray safe and biocontrols before you have the issue , the bugs in majority of causes won’t ever have a chance of ever beating your IPM plan , especially if your good with being clean in your room and remove dead leafs or anything suspicious .

pick your choices in life, play with fire and Wait for a problem or dont ever let the problem occur and fight it from the start with safe and easy IPM rotation plan So you don’t have any pest or mold issues . Being infected Those issues can degrade or damage your yields by huge % scores , it’s crazy how much a pest can do that and when ignored like many pest they look like nutrient deficiencies and plant issues and the pest are sucking you dry ...

IPM? guide for ya

Wristle

Wristle

Okay, figure this was worthy of a little update.

I never got rid of it. He ended up bailing on me and then things got busy. My mom of all people was over and saw it on the patio. Suggested couple drops of dawn dish soap into a spray bottle with water. Hit it that night pretty good everywhere and it rained for the next two days.

Left it for a week and kept a close eye on everything. After it perked up I trimmed it up and bent it over a bit. Went to the nursery and picked up 250 lady bugs.

IMG 20200628 195751

Light foliar spray with water and let about 30/50 lady bugs go that evening. Two days later said screw it and let the other 200 go. Should have taken a picture of that. Thing was covered. To my surprise the lady bugs stuck around for a week or two. A lot moved to other plants in the garden.

Anywho, this is how she looks now. Kind of glad I didn't get rid of it. Good learning experience. Lady bugs kick ass.

IMG 20200712 171953

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Okay, figure this was worthy of a little update.

I never got rid of it. He ended up bailing on me and then things got busy. My mom of all people was over and saw it on the patio. Suggested couple drops of dawn dish soap into a spray bottle with water. Hit it that night pretty good everywhere and it rained for the next two days.

Left it for a week and kept a close eye on everything. After it perked up I trimmed it up and bent it over a bit. Went to the nursery and picked up 250 lady bugs.

View attachment 999369

Light foliar spray with water and let about 30/50 lady bugs go that evening. Two days later said screw it and let the other 200 go. Should have taken a picture of that. Thing was covered. To my surprise the lady bugs stuck around for a week or two. A lot moved to other plants in the garden.

Anywho, this is how she looks now. Kind of glad I didn't get rid of it. Good learning experience. Lady bugs kick ass.

View attachment 999374
Damn. What an improvement. Great job and happy grows.
Burnz

Top Bottom