Injured Plants

• Thread starter Notchie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Organikz

Organikz

H. Miles and nematodes:love2:

Where is your soil sourced? Hell an EWC top dress might serve a dual purpose here. Those pebbles gotta go. You need more sufficient aeration. Think surface area. Some guys run as high as 40% aeration. I run around 33%.

Monster762

Monster762

I'm no doctor. But I agree scrap the stones. Transplant carefully to larger pots with soil n perelite. Use a lot of perelite. I usually take 1 bag perelite to 2 bags soil. Same size bags. I'm not saying for sure you have gnats. I'm just pointing out how something so small and unrecognizable can be a big problem this early. Still need answers to questions about lights n all. All that info will help people help you.

Leew421

Leew421

Autos are not forgiving. They will be small stubby plants from any stress.

N

Notchie

H. Miles and nematodes:love2:

Where is your soil sourced? Hell an EWC top dress might serve a dual purpose here. Those pebbles gotta go. You need more sufficient aeration. Think surface area. Some guys run as high as 40% aeration. I run around 33%.

Whats a ewc top dress? And if you mean where i bought the soil its at a cannabis grow shop. How do i get more aeration? With more perlite in the soil?

N

Notchie

I'm no doctor. But I agree scrap the stones. Transplant carefully to larger pots with soil n perelite. Use a lot of perelite. I usually take 1 bag perelite to 2 bags soil. Same size bags. I'm not saying for sure you have gnats. I'm just pointing out how something so small and unrecognizable can be a big problem this early. Still need answers to questions about lights n all. All that info will help people help you.
I have about 50w leds and 150w hps. The HPs light is 30-40cm above the plants and the leds are spread out to cover where the headlight isnt.

Monster762

Monster762

Whats a ewc top dress? And if you mean where i bought the soil its at a cannabis grow shop. How do i get more aeration? With more perlite in the soil?
Yes more perelite. N never buy stuff just cause it's so called"for cannabis". Regular old potting or gardening soil is good. Look for lower nutrient numbers in soil. I still say change to larger pots , put new soil(even cheap shit is ok) and pre mix soil with perelite. Make sure your new pots have tons of holes in the bottom half. I drill my own 1/2 inch then line it with a coco liner to stop soil from running out. But that is only necessary if you run big holes.

Monster762

Monster762

I have about 50w leds and 150w hps. The HPs light is 30-40cm above the plants and the leds are spread out to cover where the headlight isnt.
Ok lights should be good. I was worried about 400+ watt hps that close. Leds are tricky.

Monster762

Monster762

Being new I wouldn't go autoflower. They don't allow time for learning.

N

Notchie

you are really overstating gnats and tons of gardens have gnats. they're certainly not what killed your plants and only start to kill plants in insane numbers. I'm talking seeing them in physical clumps. they generally only eat dead roots and only get out of control with chronic overwatering or leaving stagnant water around in the room. the biggest common problem with gnats is that the adults fly into buds, get stuck, and die. fungus gnats are comparable to fruit flies and are nowhere near anything like mites, aphids, thrips, etc. they die easily to common pest drenches and simply letting your pots dry way out. you would be hard pressed to find any large gardens that don't have them to some degree or have them at different times regularly. they are so common and not what you're making them out to be. just trying to stop a new person from freaking out from finding a gnat. also, you will have them again at some point. i maintain a lot of rooms but am daily in and out of 6 that house 25 flowering or vegging and i have to do something about gnats annually. im actually testing different things on them now. my go to has been a spinosad drench but I'm testing a lot lighter of things this time around. if you're in soil letting the top inch or so dry thoroughly is very effective at reducing their numbers and eliminating them over time. my tests are focused around coco because keeping it wetter means they thrive more easily. anyways, nothing personal but gnats are mad common and rarely ever even affect plants noticeably, let alone put a harvest at risk. they do however end up in bud if you don't have a plan for them ahead of time in a decent size grow. if you're a very honest provider, the corpses make the buds unsellable. it's also impossible to get whatever is stuck in there out of the resin. if i ever produce bud with some gnats by accident i smoke the buds myself as i don't think they a big deal personally. would never serve them though regardless of my opinion.
I always wait for the soil to dry out before watering, takes about 2-3 days usually.

N

Notchie

ok so im gonna try to transfer them to bigger pots, but how big? talk litres :)

Organikz

Organikz

Bag of compost or EWC [earth worm castings]

Bale of moss

Bag of perlite

Bag of dolomite lime

Bag of espoma garden tone

You'll be able to make more soil that's actually worth a damn.

N

Notchie

Bale of moss

Bag of perlite

Bag of dolomite lime

and how big pots should i transfer to? 11l? 18l?

Monster762

Monster762

and how big pots should i transfer to? 11l? 18l?
I would go 18l if that's your options cause 11 l is about 3 gal. The soil mix above will be good for sure. I think it will be a lot more than you need and cost a good bit. Worse thing is you're on a timeframe.

N

Notchie

ok so ive transplanted all 4 in new 18l pots with a good soil mix and about 30% perlite, but when i water nothings running out of the bottom, and i gave them like 1l water each. and theres plenty of holes in the bottom aswell, how long should it take for the water to rinse out ?

N

Notchie

Bale of moss

Bag of perlite

Bag of dolomite lime

i think i have most of it in my new soil mix

N

Notchie

update: transplanted them into bigger pots with fresh soil mix 1/3 isch perlite and low nutrients. brand was janeco light mix. I also put in a fan over the plants.
I ran into a drainage problem tho, i water them but nothings coming out the bottom of the pots and im afraid of over watering them.
The white stuff is still there.

Unnamed 1
Unnamed 2
Unnamed
Monster762

Monster762

Are there a good bit of holes in the pots? More perelite = more drainage. You've already transplanted though so I wouldn't keep messing with it. Give them time to dry. As long as they get dry dry in couple days it'll be ok. Outdoors I watered only twice a week when it didn't rain. It be better if it drained to where you could put water at it daily. But you don't want to keep messing with em. Is the powdery stuff on all leaves or just a couple? If it's only on a couple I'd just carefully remove those leaves n trash em. Others will probably say I'm crazy but why risk it being fungus or something. Plus if the leaves are damaged they are already sucking energy trying to repair. People go crazy about pulling a leaf talking about how the leaf is the plants solar panel basically. Which is true. But say you had serious spreading infection. What would dr do. Cut off the infection by whatever means necessary. Think about it before you do anything. And I'm sure people will jump on here saying not to and give you their explaination to why. 1 or 2 leaves ain't worth it. It'll just grow anyway. As long as you don't take too many off.

Top Bottom