Inline carbon filter exhaust

• Thread starter St3ve
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
St3ve

St3ve

I'm working on making an inline carbon filter to clean the exhausted air out of my rooms.

Right now I have an 8" duct with a cheap 200 cfm inline duct booster on it expelling air. I have a long run (15ft) vertical that I was going to try to put a filter on.

I was thinking of getting a 12" diameterx 4' concrete form, and putting a Profilter 45 in it with a 180 cfm fan pulling it. THe out side dimension of the filter is 7" and the form is 12". Will this be enough airspace around the filter to keep it moving or would it restrict the flow?

does anyone have any good ideas for inlines?

thank you

U

username09

i'm somewhat in the same situation you are. i'm going to be building a growbox soon and i'm gonna use 2 small fans for intake (1 is an 85 cfm fan and the other i'm not sure). i was gonna use a 200cfm fan to pull the air through a carbon scrubber and expel into the open air. i've decided to go with a bit more cfm to make sure it pulls and scrubs thoroughly. sound is also an issue of mine so i'm gonna be using dynamat on the exhaust fan and possibly build a muffler for it as well. as far as the exhaust fan goes, the reason i decided to go larger is because you can always get a fan speed controller and lower the speed if you need and later down the road if you decide to expand your grow you'll already have a larger fan handy. basically what i'm saying is it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to go with a larger cfm because it can always be adjusted with a fan speed controller that can be purchased for approx $30. thats just my plan. hope it helps you in your situation.

St3ve

St3ve

Thanks for you info.. My fan size is rated right at where the filter is rated so I am good there.

As for what I did, I housing the filter in two 5 gallon buckets that I sealing together. I have the intake coming in one cutout, and the exahaust out the other cutout on the other end. It looks ghetto but works well. :) I made it easy to change out down the road too so I'm set with my new inline carbon filter. :)

Top Bottom