inline fan speed controller went out

• Thread starter biggerbud420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
biggerbud420

biggerbud420

i have a spider farmer 6 inch inline fan i have had it since nov of 2021 i won it in there contest here , it'out of warranty so im out of luck there , the fan works but the speed controller went out if i unplug the speed controller from the fan the fan runs on high i am wondering if i could replace the speed controller with this one
61+2xrJ7glL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Ponky

Ponky

I'd assume so. It's only a couple hundred watts. I bet the other controller handles at least 1275 watts. Should work fine. But what caused the fault? The load or the switch?

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

I'd assume so. It's only a couple hundred watts. I bet the other controller handles at least 1275 watts. Should work fine. But what caused the fault? The load or the switch?
the switch i took the back off it after spiderfarmer said i had no warranty and the black ground wire broke free from the sauder

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

it would just be a lot cheaper to buy a 15 dollar speed controller then a 150 dollar fan

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
i dont have a solder lol i did have some small female connectors that i used it works fine now so far anyway lol
Lose connections cause heat build up and can be a fire hazard......... if you need to .........extend short wires with small wire nuts or crimp connectors to add another small length of wire to make it easier to work with..

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

Lose connections cause heat build up and can be a fire hazard......... if you need to .........extend short wires with small wire nuts or crimp connectors to add another small length of wire to make it easier to work with..
no matter what i say yall will find fault so whats the point

Ponky

Ponky

the switch i took the back off it after spiderfarmer said i had no warranty and the black ground wire broke free from the sauder
A round crimp on fastener and reattached could work. I don't think solder is the right way to actually make that controller. So I wouldn't use another one of the same type. I'd buy one made better.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I just buy fans and add a dimmer switch to them. The ones I use are BBQ fan dimmers $ 13 Amzon I just hot glue them to the side of the fan.
1645126060992-png.1218125

This seems like the best answer ... providing there's enough wire to make the new connections.

My suggestion for lengthening wires would be using a wago wire connector. They are easier to work with than solder or even crimp connectors (although crimp connectors are a solid next choice).

Something like this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H78X17...e&sr=1-2-9e67e56a-6f64-441f-a281-df67fc737124

I keep all different types of them around. They come in handy.

Top Bottom