Inline fans?

• Thread starter MT Farmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MT Farmer

Do I install these blowing on the lights or sucking off them?
Does it matter?

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Everybody has their opinion on that one here. Check this thread out.

Me I have always heard suck is the way.

ogtealover420

ogtealover420

Suck and blow if needed but sucking should do the job unles you skimp on the fan my dude.

Graywolf

Graywolf

Suck is more efficient. The fans actually heat up the air.

GW

j wizzle

j wizzle

sucking....pulling is always more efficient than pushing.

if you push into a corner, its going to want to push back. some air will turn the corner and some air will want to create resistance. pulling will streamline the air.

B

billybadazz

somebody always has an argument on this one so I took my installation to an HVAC guy that has been doing it for 20 years. He said it would be more efficient to suck through and explained it like this....think about a car what's more efficient front wheel drive or rear...front of course, because the physics is the same pulling(sucking) is always going to be more efficient than pushing. he also said it will make the fan last longer. Is he B.S. I don't know but he is a pro and my system has been flawless for 2+ years so I;m inclined to believe him. He also put a prefilterin my system before the lights so at the end of the run when it is exited through the carbon filter it will build up less dust and debris also extending the life of the filter (again 2+ years on the carbon 100 filter and no smell yet!)

Top Bottom