"Inline" water pump - recommendation?

• Thread starter Jimson
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jimson

I have been using a drill-powered 'pump' to change out my waterfarm setup. It occurs to me that an actual water pump would be more 'stealthy' (silent). PLUS, the unit is getting ...tired after only 15-20 uses.

I see references online to "inline/submersible" pumps but nobody mentions a name or model.

I have several water pumps from 135gph to 475gph but I cannot see any way to hook them up 'in-line'.

Anyone have a recommendation ?? (brand/model/source ?)

TIA

J

Jalisco Kid

What most use I consider not worthy but they work,look at the danner/supreme mag drives. For me they are not reliable enough but most here would tell you they are great. I look at it as the heart of they sys and one that can ruin your day if it breaks. I would order an extra impeller with it. JK

I do not how you could install a pump if it was not inline, bit confused there, unless by this you consider a submersible pump not inline. Also a submersible pump will heat up your water more.

Also I would get a bigger pump, you can return the extra pressure back to your tank. Keeps your rez healthier.

J

Jimson

Thanks JK - great to hear from you.

I use submersibles often in my homemade cloner setups. Yeah, no way I'd put one in my WF system, the temps in summer are already marginal.

And yes - reliability is becoming more important to me these days.

W

wintergreens

check out saltwater fish tank pumps, run for years full time and 475 gph was only $95!

F

fido

What most use I consider not worthy but they work,look at the danner/supreme mag drives. For me they are not reliable enough but most here would tell you they are great. I look at it as the heart of they sys and one that can ruin your day if it breaks. I would order an extra impeller with it. JK

I do not how you could install a pump if it was not inline, bit confused there, unless by this you consider a submersible pump not inline. Also a submersible pump will heat up your water more.

Also I would get a bigger pump, you can return the extra pressure back to your tank. Keeps your rez healthier.

what brand of pump is your favorite?
fido

ttystikk

ttystikk

I ran waterfarms and they're garbage. Not only is there no provision for active pumping, but they get warm and are susceptible to rot. Worst, the damned things run 1/2" lines which are tailor made to clog with the hydroton they recommend you run in them!

They're junk- and for the price, you can build yourself a MUCH better RDWC without any compromises. I know, because I did.

hiboy

hiboy

i have an inline pump for my flood table, reason being inline is that its not a gravity feed to the rez. If you look at my thread youll see it in the veg room.
ITs working fine for me for 2 months now.

h

Top Bottom